collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41355 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #510 on: February 05, 2013, 10:31:18 AM »
They have both Jenafire and Skelita in stock online with Justice :) not a bad deal with bogo free

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #511 on: February 05, 2013, 10:39:56 AM »
Yeah, rather than spending more than you need to on them, I'd just wait it out till they show up in your area!

If only buying one or two things at regular price that's alright....but MH is marked up so much in Canada - usually $5-10 at least. And in my case, the sales tax is really high because I live in NL. If a site that will ship to Canada for a reasonable price is having a good sale, it turns out to be a lot cheaper. For instance...I added 8 dolls to the cart on Justice, and it came out to $116 plus $30 shipping (and probably duty fees). If I were to get those same 8 dolls for retail in Canada, it would have been $190 before tax.  :|

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 05, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »
Oh yeah, that is a good point. Forgot about the price difference between the US and CA. =_=;
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #513 on: February 05, 2013, 10:57:45 AM »
It's horrendous.  >_< Dolly hunting is something I enjoy... I like going to a store and finding a doll that I've been searching for and squeeing a little. XD

But I enjoy getting a deal more...and it makes shopping a little less fun when I know that if I order a bunch of the dolls I want online all at once I save a bunch.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 05, 2013, 11:01:13 AM »
If you can, try talking to some kind of manager at customer service - that's the only way I was able to find Catrine locally.  I spoke with the front-end manager at my local Wal-Mart and with the item number/UPC(30565267/74677524070, respectively) she was able to check all the stores within driving distance, tell me how many were in stock or on order, and she called to have the closest one put a doll on hold for me.  She also told me that they are short on them in the warehouse or something, and even though a case had been earmarked for my store, there's a chance it would end up getting sent elsewhere since there's not enough for all the stores that are supposed to get them.  I imagine that if we wait a tad longer, they will get properly stocked and we'll start seeing a few more Catrines on the shelves here.  Good luck in your search!

Oh, that's a much better idea to just go straight to customer service to ask!  :lol: I'm seriously tired of trying to find people who know what's going on in the toy section so next time I'll just go straight to the top XD What you heard matches with what I heard, though, so at least I think the person I did talk to was right--about our warehouse being shorted. Boo.

But, someone here on the board may have an extra Catrine for me! (You know who you are, haha, thank you! :hug:) I shall stop meebling about her now! :doh:

It's horrendous.  >_< Dolly hunting is something I enjoy... I like going to a store and finding a doll that I've been searching for and squeeing a little. XD

But I enjoy getting a deal more...and it makes shopping a little less fun when I know that if I order a bunch of the dolls I want online all at once I save a bunch.

Totally feel you on this, Okie.  :yikes:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 05, 2013, 12:15:51 PM »
Anyone else picking up the Monster High Double Feature today? I'm going to work early to pick one up on the way as well as pick up my copy of Peter Pan at the Disney Store. Can't wait to have 'em! :biggrin:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 05, 2013, 12:17:46 PM »
Anyone else picking up the Monster High Double Feature today? I'm going to work early to pick one up on the way as well as pick up my copy of Peter Pan at the Disney Store. Can't wait to have 'em! :biggrin:

Mine is on the delivery truck!

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 05, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »

I feel the same way about doll shopping here in Canada.  It burns me particularly because I just moved here from the States right before I started collecting MH.  Sticker shock on everything here drives me nuts though.

Alicat

« Reply #518 on: February 05, 2013, 12:35:29 PM »
ok, so I wonder, has anyone seen Caterine with wonk eye? I found one, just one today. I knew if I didnt snag her, I may never get her, at least at that price. But, she has a fairy serious case of Wonk-eye...

Haas anyone dealt with customer service lately? did they want you to send her back? I have only called once for Wonk-eye of Nef, but they did not want her back, and she was out at the time.

Thanks!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 05, 2013, 12:40:05 PM »

I did! I cannot believe how much I am spoiling myself. I am gonna make my momma watch it with me! Had to stop at Wal-Mart to get some groceries for my mom, so I brought it home with me.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 05, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »
I was thinking of getting it, but I think I'll just wait until the price goes down for it. :P I wanna watch it again though! XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 05, 2013, 12:54:52 PM »
Has anyone else seen these dollhouses? They're called Spooky Mansion and are displayed with the MH schools at my Kmart.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #522 on: February 05, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »

I did! I cannot believe how much I am spoiling myself. I am gonna make my momma watch it with me! Had to stop at Wal-Mart to get some groceries for my mom, so I brought it home with me.

I did, I can't wait to watch it!

Has anyone else seen these dollhouses? They're called Spooky Mansion and are displayed with the MH schools at my Kmart.

I think I saw that on Kmart's website a few months ago.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Melissa

« Reply #523 on: February 05, 2013, 01:18:27 PM »
ok, so I wonder, has anyone seen Caterine with wonk eye? I found one, just one today. I knew if I didnt snag her, I may never get her, at least at that price. But, she has a fairy serious case of Wonk-eye...
Yesterday, I saw 6 Catrines at my Walmart. 3 had various face issues: 1 lip smear, 2 eye scratches. I wouldn't say it was wonk... But definitely an eye issue.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 05, 2013, 01:21:10 PM »
Spoiler

lol I saw that on the Walmart website one day while browsing MH stuff. Haven't seen it in person yet. I thought it would've made a great alternative for those who weren't able to get the High School Playset.

I also saw this: Monster High Collapsible Storage Trunk. Never seen it in person yet, but if the dimensions are big enough to carry MIB Boxes, and hide in my closet, then I'm sold. :P

Yesterday, I saw 6 Catrines at my Walmart. 3 had various face issues: 1 lip smear, 2 eye scratches. I wouldn't say it was wonk... But definitely an eye issue.
Same, 3 had eye scratches, 1 had a lip smear/chip, and all of them had a eye shadow leak on each right eye
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal