collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Discord Sings Brony Music Video (looks real!)  (Read 5592 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Discord Sings Brony Music Video (looks real!)
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 04:45:55 PM »
Sometimes I wish I could do animation just to correct the misinformation in something like this XD Is it bad to imagine one of my OCs stepping in and correcting what they are says >.>??
I was thinking this exact thing actually. And my OC being really snarky and cool about it.

We could send in Majesty...still Queen, and last time I checked Queen still trumps Princess in most lines of succession.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 05:21:36 PM »
Sometimes I wish I could do animation just to correct the misinformation in something like this XD Is it bad to imagine one of my OCs stepping in and correcting what they are says >.>??
I was thinking this exact thing actually. And my OC being really snarky and cool about it.
Mine would be...
Memoire: ...What is this I don't even know what's going on...okay I'm leaving. Bye! *runs off*
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

RedKitsune

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »
The documentary was self congratulatory and full of misinformation, but I didn't mind it hateful. G1 is and will always be my favorite generation. Speaking from from a female, non-brony perspective, I didn't feel insulted by the documentary. Sure, it was poorly put together, but it didn't have me fuming. I think everyone needs to step back and take a breather. Besides, I think Discord is cute in it.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
Mine would be...
Memoire: ...What is this I don't even know what's going on...okay I'm leaving. Bye! *runs off*
Lol I was thinking of my girl Memoria XD Since she is kind of the type that would correct XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »
The documentary was self congratulatory and full of misinformation, but I didn't mind it hateful. G1 is and will always be my favorite generation. Speaking from from a female, non-brony perspective, I didn't feel insulted by the documentary. Sure, it was poorly put together, but it didn't have me fuming. I think everyone needs to step back and take a breather. Besides, I think Discord is cute in it.

Noone is talking about the documentary as a whole.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

RedKitsune

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »
Let me rephrase that then, I was not insulted by the clip of the documentary that is being discussed on this thread.  And for the record, I wasn't insulted by the rest of the documentary ether.

Kitsune

Noone is talking about the documentary as a whole.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 06:12:12 PM »
Meh, I'm not taking it too seriously.  Yes, it is self-congratulatory and kind of insults the previous gens but it was really written for Bronies and from their viewpoint.

:shrug:  I thought Discord pony was sort of cute and I'm not letting the rest of it bother me.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 06:21:25 PM »
At first I was offended, then I stopped and thought, "Wait, was I ever expecting anything NON insulting or dismissive of non-bronies/pegasisters/collectors/women in general?" This is pretty much par the course for what I've seen so far, let's be honest!

I expected nothing of quality or worth, and I was not surprised! Although the music major in me is just cringing - the song is SO. AWFUL. Who the heck has a break after every stanza!?!!? :yikes: If this was supposed to showcase the "best and the brightest" of the Brony fandom... I'm embarrassed for them.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Pinecone

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »
I didn't like the song. But I do like the Tara Strong (?) pony coming in and saying "Hey, it's not all about men!" You tell 'em, pony.

I don't think they needed to include that line about personal bedroom habits of bronies. They want this to air at a film festival? That's not very professional.  :huh:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:46:56 PM by Pinecone »

Betelgeuse

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

We could send in Majesty...still Queen, and last time I checked Queen still trumps Princess in most lines of succession.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love this idea. She could be dignified and calm yet really to the point of the various... problems...

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »
Real Bronies do not hate the previous generations, whoever claims to be a brony and hate on the other generations is surely misinformed and missing completely the message that the brony community stands for.
 :biggrin:

just saying !!:)
LOL

I love all the gens , the Castles of G3 are super by the way !LOL
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 07:01:12 AM »
Real Bronies do not hate the previous generations, whoever claims to be a brony and hate on the other generations is surely misinformed and missing completely the message that the brony community stands for.

this!!
brony got so many meanings these days, and i think these kind are the most honorable. i don´t see other as bronies to be honest. they may be otakus maybe, yes,..
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Betelgeuse

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 02:27:29 PM »
I saw the entire documentary last night and this animated clip is an unfair segment to base an opinion on the entire documentary. Once you get past that part, I was able to relate to the documentary a lot despite it being about the more viral, well-known G4 fans. The boy who struggled with a conservative father and his life I could portray directly into my own life. I feel that in that way, the real life aspect of it, it's a good documentary. Also, the German couple who had a common interest in ponies made me think of my own relationship that was brought together with ponies and how ponies are a special place in both our hearts. Sure, the lack of research and tolerance of the other gens as well as the mention of :drama: was uncalled for. But if it is ignored, the documentary is good in my opinion.

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »

this!!
brony got so many meanings these days, and i think these kind are the most honorable. i don´t see other as bronies to be honest. they may be otakus maybe, yes,..
Otaku has a negative connotation, too - that someone is so obsessed with a thing that they never leave their house.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 03:05:13 PM »
I thought some parts were funny, but didn't like the comments about other gens. MLP Tales G2???  :blink: I didn't get a lot of it, I guess because I'm not in the Brony fandom. What is :drama::blink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal