collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Discord Sings Brony Music Video (looks real!)  (Read 5593 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Discord Sings Brony Music Video (looks real!)
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:31:33 PM »
Ran into this interesting...ish (There's pony hate on there) article that contained a music video.
The animation looks really real!
It looks like the show. It's discord as a pony, who sings the brony song to explain to people about bronies. It touches on the other generations a little tiny bit, but then it really bashes G3! Why? I thought g 3.5 was the one nobody got that...into. You can see it here:

http://io9.com/5977702/just-john-delancie-singing-about-the-history-of-bronies-thats-all

Articlewriter hates all the other cartoons except g4 real bad though, despite not being a 'brony'. This is the first I'd seen of it, but dismiss if old. It's odd they got a celebrity to do a fan video complete with singing & all. What does anyone think of the video? Fun or bashy?

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Discord Sings Brony Music Video (looks real!)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:47:21 PM »
That clip is from the brony documentary. :) And there was a thread on the documentary, but it got locked because it got heated. I take full responsibility for what I said so I won't repeat everything that I said in that thread and will only say that I did not like what they said in the video about previous gens or about :drama:.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:50:07 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
well, it´s very well made and i know lauren faust worked with them too, but it seems as they don´t know about g3.5.
well, the g3 cartoon and boxart wasn´t the highest of arts, but i really liked the "character design" of color+symbol combination. also, the mold is quite well sculpted, but since it seems "cool" to say g3 is uncool,.. *shrug* if they really want to show it this way.

i like g3 for the toys and mlp is primary the toys for me, then comes the show.
i guess every bigger fandom "needs" a "villian" and in mlp, they tend to pick the older generations. ^^"
there is so much more about the other gens to love! but they didn´t want to fill more than a minute about it.
aaand that they mentioned girls just in the end was,.. quite interesting. is it still that most of g4 fans are male? i thought it would be 50%-50%?
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Betelgeuse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
Gen one didn't have plot? Pfffft. Also, g2 is tales? *facepalm* Still, other than that it was cute.

Pickenprod

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:11:20 AM »
Well, if it's from the brony documentary, it's probably written about the bronys' perspective. So if the brony side of the fandom predominantly dislikes G3, it's accurate.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 03:01:06 AM »
It's a stupid little thing. The fact alone that they couldn't google "gen 2" is sad enough.
One would expect a bit of research when making a "documentary".

Linnzy

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 05:56:53 AM »
Bwaahahahahahaha!

I thought it was hilarious...not good, but hilarious... :lol:

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 07:43:29 AM »
yeeees, it really screams "lack of research"!! there. u-u"
i have expected more of it with such popular people involved, but hey,..
"lack of plot" LOL
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

popyduggan

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 08:26:12 AM »
     I liked it and it must've taken a lot of effort, but I don't see how it would help an outsider by stating "1 was the first, 2 was much worse, 3 was obscene, and 4 is must-see", like that's the ideal perspective of a brony.

It's like Star Wars prequel moaners in reverse. They can't just have something they like and appreciate everybody else under the umbrella. Antagonizing your fellow fans is such a waste of energy.

It did address pretty much everyone though, even the clo...nevermind.

Also, am I the only one who misspeaks Lauren Faust as Laura Croft? I must watch too much tinavonrotter...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:32:24 AM by popyduggan »

majikarte

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 08:36:03 AM »
I kind of like it... as a Star Trek fan ahaha. It just really amuses me to hear Q singing, and about cartoon horses makes it even sillier. The bits on the past generations weren't really as bad as I was expecting, they could have said something nicer or not made any mention at all, but it is a Brony thing, even if they aren't all like that. I was really only bothered by the part at the end about the female fans, it seemed to portray them as angry??

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »
I've heard that Tara Strong voiced the female pony.

The head scratcher for me are the three categories of fan that they come up with.  Hipster, Moderate and Creative?  I guess it's all in fun, but didn't seem like really clear deliniators for members of a fandom.

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 09:31:57 AM »
Well, in my opinion it's not really "hate", it's just satirical. After all, this is a four minutes video, and under such time constraints they couldn't make an elaborate story, or go into details. As I see it, the main function of this old gens intro was to first, introduce MLP as a whole to all vievers and show that there was something before FIM, and second, underline, that bronies are mainly fans of FIM - all that in comedy form. So better to not overthink this :)
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 09:38:17 AM »
Well, in my opinion it's not really "hate", it's just satirical. After all, this is a four minutes video, and under such time constraints they couldn't make an elaborate story, or go into details. As I see it, the main function of this old gens intro was to first, introduce MLP as a whole to all vievers and show that there was something before FIM, and second, underline, that bronies are mainly fans of FIM - all that in comedy form. So better to not overthink this :)

This pretty much sums up my feelings. c:
Overall, I enjoyed watching it.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »
It comes across like an insult when people suggest the G1 cartoon was made to sell toys or make video's like this about it and put out that information.

As if G4 is so much better, it's like saying G4 wasn't made to sell toys.

Friendship is magic was made to sell toys. If the uneducated is gonna accuse G1 of being made to sell toys then sorry it's the pot calling the kettle black. And that is the worst hypocrisy of all.

Also it is kind of insulting for G4 people to imply they care so much more about they're animations: And I'm talking about the actual people involved in the animation process. I am sure the people that created G1 cartoon cared about what they were doing just as much as the new people who made this video do.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Betelgeuse

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »
Also it is kind of insulting for G4 people to imply they care so much more about they're animations: And I'm talking about the actual people involved in the animation process. I am sure the people that created G1 cartoon cared about what they were doing just as much as the new people who made this video do.
Yes, this. And the creators of the old cartoon had to do more work in the animation process. There were no computer animating back then. It was all painted by hand.

I think that beyond the "FiM is the best and all other generations are bad" the clip was rather enjoyable. However, I didn't like how the female fans were excluded NOR how angry they were when excluded.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal