collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread  (Read 12824 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »
YAY!

Thank you for passing that info on!  It sounds like she might be a general (or maybe toystore exclusive) release- yay!  SOOOO much easier to get than SDCC release-

They wouldn't have her as part of the display if she were the exclusive doll, right??

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2013, 03:47:47 PM »
OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Thanks Ash for posting and michelle for alerting us here. This is INCREDIBLE NEWS! Let's get the $!^&@ party started!!!!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2013, 03:52:02 PM »
Don't get your hopes up too high yet, peeps! Head over to the general discussion, people there are already starting to pick this news apart and they have valid reasons, too. ;o;
Well, I'll just hope for it to be true, since I really, really, really want her to be a somewhat general release (heck, even target exclusive and part of the PG-libe is better than SDCC!)..

Buy anyways, in about three weeks we'll know for sure. Let's keep our fingers crossed 'til then! ^^

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2013, 03:59:40 PM »
Can anyone visit Toy Fair? Do I need to register or buy a ticket or something? It's only a 1.5 hr train from my home to NYC. OMG so exciting!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »
I just read that the info is questionable, and possibly a hoax.  That really burns my beans. 

Curse you Internet.  Curse you.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »
Can anyone visit Toy Fair? Do I need to register or buy a ticket or something? It's only a 1.5 hr train from my home to NYC. OMG so exciting!
I thought the NYC Toy Fair was just for retailers.

I just read that the info is questionable, and possibly a hoax.  That really burns my beans.
Yes, I question its veracity due to the inclusion of Lagoona and Howleen as Color Me Creepy dolls. That's a misinformed viral rumor that just refuses to die. The Color Me Creepy dolls are special CAMs. I have seen pics of them. Howleen and Lagoona are part of the 13 Wishes line.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:07:23 PM by pukunui »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2013, 04:11:20 PM »
I thought the NYC Toy Fair was just for retailers.

Ah, now I see that. Oh well! I'll just eagerly await the photos then!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »
I'm not giving up on the news yet-  but it does look like verification will have to come via Toyfair.

I've gone to ToyFair before- but you have to get credentials as press or a purchaser- it is not open to the public.  Luckily I have some relatives in the toy biz.  Unfortunately- the way it is set up now, it is pretty useless to just attend, all of the good stuff is behind closed booths and by appointment only.   I didn't actually try to set up any appointments, but obviously should have-  Hasbro and Mattel had ALL of their stuff by appointment only, and I'm sure that has not changed.

A press pass would be handy...

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2013, 06:27:15 PM »
Oh Gal, sounds like I'd need to sleep with the right person to get in! Ha!

My question is this - Are all the new releases and the SDCC exclusive usually revealed at February's Toyfair? Could it be possible that some releases will not be shown?

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 06:34:07 PM »
Oh Gal, sounds like I'd need to sleep with the right person to get in! Ha!

Pfft!
It would be great to have "one of our people" there, though. I already saw you as our agent, tweeting live from Toy Fair and posting really blurry cam photos for all of us to enjoy ;)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2013, 06:40:55 PM »
Zapper, I'd have been there in a hot second if I was allowed in! And of course I'd have been posting live photos! Now that we have this wonderful app for the Arena, I have no excuse not to.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2013, 03:07:31 PM »
It used to be pretty easy to get a press pass- just set up a website or submit a few articles about ponies or toys- there used to be  specific criteria on the Toyfair website itself and I bet there still is, although it might be more stringent these days...  I bet you could totally do it!  (Probably too late for this year but a good thing to aim for for next!)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2013, 03:42:22 PM »
I would seriously kill to be able to attend Toyfair, but their rules have gotten pretty strict in recent years. From their website:

Registration is open to the trade only; Toy Fair is not open to the public. No one under the age of 18, including infants, will be admitted. 

Those eligible for admission as buyers include retailers, wholesalers, importers, and buying groups. Certain categories of trade guests are also eligible for admission. Individuals who cannot document their direct, professional affiliation to the trade are not qualified to attend. Suppliers to the trade are not qualified to attend. Each registrant must present both business credentials and an employee I.D. Individuals who cannot document their direct, professional affiliation to the trade are not qualified to attend.

http://www2.toyassociation.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=TF_Admission_Policies_and_Procedures

On their Trade Guest page under Press it says "Bloggers (subject to approval by Show Management)", so there's always a small chance someone could make it through with a blog:
http://www2.toyassociation.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=TF_Who_Attends
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:47:34 PM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »
Sucks they're so strict. My god, this isn't a top secret political meeting. We're talking TOYS!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »
... but it can be top secret ... if one toy company has designed a "new toy" and another toy company gets windo if it and beats them to a release ... there's millions and millions of dollars possibly at stake ...

... and if there are legal reasons to keepping a certain something something under wraps (say a store exclusive that they don't want released to the public yet) and it gets out ... that store could back out and millions and millions of dollars lost because of a contract breach and the toy wouldn't be able to be released to a different store due to breach of contract etc etc ...

it is cut throat Tuney ... crazy for toys ... but yeah ...millions if not billions of dollars at stake :\
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal