collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread  (Read 12785 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 05:58:03 PM »
I love her- I want her really bad.  She is so detailed and unique-  her coloring is awesome.

I am worried because of her detail (extra limbs) that she might be expensive to produce- which would make it more likely she would be a SDCC release than a regular release- but I hope I'm wrong.

I will be outraged if they don't make her at all- and quite frankly, surprised.  As some have noted, she was more popular than the Headless Headmistress (who doesn't look all that special quite frankly) - and they made her. 

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »
While I don't really get the cowgirl theme, I love this doll and really want her to be made. She's by far the most monstrous character they've dreamt up for the doll line so far.

I would love her with white hair. She'd be like a drow elf from D&D. Specifically, a drow demonbinder:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 06:37:58 PM »
Late to the party, but I'm someone who would also kill for this doll. It was love at first sight when I first saw the prototype images of her unveiled during SDCC 2011. At the time, I remembered just wanting a Bloodgood doll so badly, and I can say that I didn't even notice her standing next to DOA at first. She just grabbed my attention instantly.

While the outfit they showcased her in I could take or leave (the cowboy boots can stay), I love her darker skin, and the multiple arms and eyes just make her fascinating to look at. I'm of the camp that feels we could certainly use some more monstrous characters to balance out some of the cuter/safer characters and mix things up a bit. I also have a genuine respect for arachnids, after having worked around them for a number of years (and getting over my fear of them in the process), so it would be nice to see a spider character glamorized in a more positive light (unless of course she's actually planned as an antagonist, lol).

I was absolutely crestfallen when I heard Scarah had won the vote, but if it means DOA's actually dodged a bullet by not being a SDCC exclusive, all the better. I'm still hoping they go another way with this year's con exclusive, and Target's exclusive that's rumored to be planned for their fall quarter is going to be DOA in the end. Would be a great tease by having her make a cameo in their exclusive Spectra's Vondergeist comic. Total speculation and wishful thinking on my part though.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:44:29 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 07:21:27 PM »
FYI, if Wydowna does come out as any sort of release the most important thing is that we look out for each other instead of letting the scalpers steal her. I know I'd buy every single Wydowna I spotted! All the extras I'd happily sell at cost to the members desperately seeking her most!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »
FYI, if Wydowna does come out as any sort of release the most important thing is that we look out for each other instead of letting the scalpers steal her. I know I'd buy every single Wydowna I spotted! All the extras I'd happily sell at cost to the members desperately seeking her most!
:thumb:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 06:00:52 AM »
:thumb:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08:36 AM »
Echo this Tuney!  This is what I plan on doing with Catrine too.  Arena peeps come first, and no one should pay scalpers prices!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 09:06:32 AM »

me too!

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »

Most definitely! I always try to do this with new/sought after releases where I'm able. :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
Along those lines-  if anyone needs Jinafire still I managed to find an extra :D

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 01:32:31 PM »
That's really sweet of you, Gal! I'd been looking for a second one for ages to rehair but got one a few weeks back.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 05:09:58 PM »
 :mad:Totally an aside, but Mandy, I love your changing MH siggy!!  Ohhhhh, right now it's Wydowna !!!!
 Plus GoT is my most favorite show next to The Walking Dead:)

*cant wait for new season*

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 06:33:03 PM »
I can't wait to see Mandy's sig. (I'm logged in through the app tapatalk and sigs don't show up).

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2013, 05:48:15 AM »
:mad:Totally an aside, but Mandy, I love your changing MH siggy!!  Ohhhhh, right now it's Wydowna !!!!
 Plus GoT is my most favorite show next to The Walking Dead:)

*cant wait for new season*

Thank you, and may I say that you have great tastes in TV shows. :) Game of Thrones is my favorite show/book series, I've been so obsessed with it, lol. I'm counting down the days until season 3, I can't wait!  :biggrin: I haven't had a chance to really get into it yet, but my boyfriend is a big fan of The Walking Dead.

I can't wait to see Mandy's sig. (I'm logged in through the app tapatalk and sigs don't show up).

I made little MH sprites of the characters that rotate every time the page reloads. Wydowna is one of my recent ones. :)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »
This was posted in the MH Discussion thread:

Miss Ashley comes with good news! Thank you so much!

Oh dear... Hold on to your wallets guys & ghouls, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Toy Fair 2013 in New York during the first week of February, and a new multi-MH doll display will be exhibited. Here are a few of them:

- Scaris City Of Frights Lagoona and Cleo - Skultimate Roller Maze Draculaura - Dot Dead Gorgeous Frankie, Venus,Cleo,Claw deen, Robecca - Picture Day Clawdeen - Ghouls Night Out Howleen, Lagoona, Spectra andRochelle - Dance Class Rochelle Goyle - 13 Wishes Gigi Genie, Twyla, Frankie, Clawdeen, Lagoona, Draculaura, Cleo's Oasis Beach and Spectra's Haunt the Casbah PlaySet - Dead Tired Spectra, Robecca, Lagoona, Spectra's Creepy Bed, Lagoona's Shower and Draculaura's Die-Ner Restaurant - Classroom Double Cleo and Ghoulia Mad Science, Heath Burns and Abbey Home Ick - New Characters Heath Burns, İnvisi Billy, Catty Noir, Wydowna Spider - Create A Monster Werewolf Boy and Sea Monster Boy - Color Me Creepy Howleen And Lagoona - Music Festival Clawdeen HipHop, Abbey himalayan, Venus Plunk - New I Heart Fashion Wave 2 (Shoe Set) Clawdeen and Draculaura

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!  Can you believe it?! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal