collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread  (Read 12427 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 02:22:46 PM »
Pink: What color rehairs do you have in mind? I'd love to hear.

I'd love her in some colours  that relate to my tarantulas and other spiders that I've kept, so grey/white, yellow/white, brown/pink, blue/black, orange/black, dark grey/silver/pale orange and curly dark brown  :)

I don't think it would be too hard to find clothes for her, just a case of snipping down the side seams and re-hemming. But my Wydowna posse will all have ballgowns. Spiders in ballgowns would rock.

If I was to really pick at something it would be her extra eyes, they just don't really hit me like the rest of her does. And her hair would be brushed out. Details!

I LOVE that custom with the six legs....I need her....

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 04:42:45 PM »
When I first saw Wydowna, I didn't like her at all because, like some people, I HATE spiders >_< But now I really want her. Like all of you have said, she is the most monstrous and unique doll that we have seen. I love her outfit but I wish they hadn't made her dress the same color as the leggings. I love the color combo of the leggings with her shoes but I'm not sure what color I would prefer for her dress... I also love all her arm! And they're all articulated!  :biggrin:

She does remind me of Operetta with her hair and outfit but we can't complain too much right? I mean we have Nefera and Cleo that are sisters that have very similar styles and color schemes and we also have the Weretwins that are EXACTLY the same. Maybe Operetta and Wydowna are good friends that are from the same area or something? I don't know.  :huh: I do wish they had made her a bit less Operetta-ish. Regardless, I will be getting her if/when she gets a release. Maybe she could be like Clawdeen and Howleen and have a different colored hair for her releases? I would like to see her will all yellow and all white hair ^.^
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 05:46:15 PM »
I love her and she will be my favourite doll if she's released (please please please let her be released!) Her eyes bother me a bit though i wish they were all the same instead of her main eyes being normal and the extras being all red. I think she'd look good if her eye whites on her main eyes were red too, kinda like how Spectra's are purple.
Personally i don't think she's too similar to Operetta. As cute as her western theme is i don't really get how it relates to her monsterness though, same with Operetta's theme including spiders and webs... just doesn't seem to go in my opinion :unsure:

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
i love EVERYTHING about her, besides that oufit ... i dig the theme, but it could e done soooooo much better, like that last piece of art of her is AWESOME!

think i'm fond of the black and the multi-armed most *nods*

I absolutely love her, she is sooo cute, but everyones right, that outfit is horrible! LOL. Theme is okay but I hate the outfit.

I like her, but I dislike the plaid on her. In my mind, she should be more elegant and wear gowns of silky material. Fabric that drapes and flows.

oooh, I agree... She would be awesome in drapey and flowy gowns... great idea.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »
She would be an awesome doll and I really hope Mattel makes her. What worries me is that I feel some parents may find it too gruesome and try to attack the MH line. I'm surprised they haven't already, actually. There are lots of very crazy looking dolls in the line that I am surprised parents went for.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 04:33:44 AM »
She would be an awesome doll and I really hope Mattel makes her. What worries me is that I feel some parents may find it too gruesome and try to attack the MH line. I'm surprised they haven't already, actually. There are lots of very crazy looking dolls in the line that I am surprised parents went for.

Probably a sign that there is still hope for the human race! xD
..but after I read about the Django figurines having to be pulled.. maybe not. :P

Anyways, I LOVE things with multiple limbs, so I NEED this doll to become real. As of now, I am still patiently waiting. However, in the back of my mind I am already calculation the amount of work/time/money it would take to recreate her out of one of the plastic curves's torsos and several bait-dolls. XD

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 09:41:30 AM »

Probably a sign that there is still hope for the human race! xD
..but after I read about the Django figurines having to be pulled.. maybe not. :P

What was the issue with Django, Kim? Please enlighten me :huh:

As for the "gruesomeness" - I think that's the least problem parents have with the MH dolls (at least in the US, according to my experiences).
A lot of people have attacked the line for being, and I quote: "Skanky, slutty, oversexed, too sexualized, too thin, whorish, anti-feminist" <-- I'm a feminist and I think the line is incredibly pro woman and pro finding your true self. Maybe that's just me, but I think MH is way more feminist than Barbie (who used to have real job careers, but nowadays is only a fairy, mermaid, princess, runway model or dog poop collector) <-- I wish I was making up the part about the dog poop.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 10:28:53 AM »
Zapper: Django Action Figurines had to be pulled from the market and came to a full halt in production after some parents complained that they were racist and would  glorify the topic of slavery and that it all-in-all was not a topic that should come up regarding children and toys.. leaving the about 1000 of figurines already to be delivered now skyrocketing in price on ebay and the general public with two questions..
 1) since when are Tarantino-Collector-Figurines Childrens' Toys?
 2) why were 'Inglorious Basterds' Nazi-Toys (Issue of WWII) ok, but Django and his Wife (Issue of Slavery) are not? xD;

But google it, you'll find lots of info..

Yeah while I agree with you, I think they could have at least one girl (Ghoulia?) wear flats.. all that high heel propaganda makes me worry about the poor girls' feet!!! OwO
LOL.. no honestly, you are right in what you say. I think the message behind MH is a good one and far better than what Barbie is doing right now. :3
Still I am always waiting for the news that Skelita had to be pulled for taking the advertising of anorexia to little girls to a whole new level.. LOL.

/OT

Wydowna is awesome and I need her LIKE NOW! :heart:
;>

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:44:15 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »
1) since when are Tarantino-Collector-Figurines Childrens' Toys?
 2) why were 'Inglorious Basterds' Nazi-Toys (Issue of WWII) ok, but Django and his Wife (Issue of Slavery) are not? xD;

My thoughts exactly oO
Tarantino movies are not for kids. Sorry to break it to you, parents, but not all plastic figures are for children.

Yeah while I agree with you, I think they could have at least one girl (Ghoulia?) wear flats.. all that high heel propaganda makes me worry about the poor girls' feet!!! OwO

That's my only big problem with the dolls, actually. They managed to create really stiff and sturdy joints in Skelita, so the entire "their joints wouldn't be able to allow for high heels if they were flat" excuse I keep on hearing about is BS in my opinion.
My feet usually hurt after half an hour in heels (that are not even as high as the ones of the MH shoes) and damaged feet can cause issue with the entire spine structure. Also a reason why I hate it when superiors demand a "dress code" that forces all women to wear heels.
My mum was forced to wear heels for years (hotel business) and it left her with hammer toes and back/neck ache >_<

But I really hate the constant critique regarding the girls' other clothes. They are fine! Look at Ghoulia, Venus or Lagoona. How are their clothes even "sexy"?
Also, why do we need slurs for women who wear skirts and high heels when we don't have slurs for men who go topless in summer? :P
Stuff like that just makes me angry.

As for Wydowna, I hope she is not going to be a SCC exclusive!
I share the opinion that she is wonderfully monstrous and I also love that she is black! Pitch-black! :)

I'm just wondering what her outfit is supposed to look like. The promo pic looks a bit like a country/cowgirl ^^

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »
I'm really hoping that the next two comics (Tor and Frankie) will further develop Wydowna as a villain. And then hopefully once they've familiarized kids with Wydowna, then we'll see her release. But honestly I think she's a very strong contender for SDCC, bad as that is for all of us...

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 04:37:01 PM »
*nod* ... yeah ... i see her as SDCC exclusive ... or maybe a halloween exclusive somewhere ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 04:40:53 PM »
*nod* ... yeah ... i see her as SDCC exclusive ... or maybe a halloween exclusive somewhere ...

Which is totally silly. That doll will SELL! She will not be lying on the shelves like all those Skull Shores Ghoulias or Sweet 1600 Clawdeens. She would sell better than the both of them combined. (I'm not knocking either of those dolls. In fact, I adore them. However, they were overproduced and are probably still on shelves in some places. Overproducing dolls that don't sell wastes a lot of money. Wydowna will not be lying on shelves. She's too fantastic.)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 05:01:25 PM »
*nods*

but we saw that with "drama pony" ... she'd sell stoopid crazy well in a retail environment ... but they used her as comicon/fair fodder :(

... just because it would sell well doens't mean anything ... :(
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 05:19:44 PM »
I'm really hoping that the next two comics (Tor and Frankie) will further develop Wydowna as a villain. And then hopefully once they've familiarized kids with Wydowna, then we'll see her release. But honestly I think she's a very strong contender for SDCC, bad as that is for all of us...
I'll tell you, I won't pay scalper prices for Scarah but I would for Wy!!!  I do not want her to be a SDCC exclusive, but I suppose if she is, I'll have to find a way to own her.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 05:28:11 PM »
I'll tell you, I won't pay scalper prices for Scarah but I would for Wy!!!  I do not want her to be a SDCC exclusive, but I suppose if she is, I'll have to find a way to own her.

Me too. Even if it cost me $200 or $300 a pop, I'd get several. It would bring me infinite happiness, so it would be totally worth it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal