collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever feel sorry for G3.5?  (Read 1910 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: Ever feel sorry for G3.5?
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2012, 09:03:48 AM »
I keep finding them at tag sales. Lol I can never decide whether or not to pick one up. I don't hate them, I think their concept of the core ponies with personalities was great and the artwork was cute. Without g3.5, the g4 we know and love might not have come to pass if you realize.
   so true, I also read somewhere that the G3.5 budget was not there for the cartoons/toys so that was a major factor on the end product .

Post Merge: December 25, 2012, 09:18:58 AM

I am not a fan of the toys. The head is just off to me. Too big and the faces just look odd. Though I like some of the art. I prefer G3.5 Rainbow Dash's look over G4 Rainbow Dash. Her ponytail is adorbs! <3

This lovely girl has been at this Walmart for a long time. I have no idea if she was in a box or what, but they use the Nemo tag to price her. :lol: She is kinda cute, but not a fan.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

she looks in need of Spa session :)
how much are they pricing her ?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 09:18:58 AM by Houstonbrony72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2012, 03:25:10 PM »
It may sound a bit silly but I feel sorry for this G3.5 toy that is at my local Kmart. It's been there ever since I started collecting (about a year now) and it just looks so unwanted, each time I pony hunt I see it shoved to the back of the shelf in worse and worse condition... I always set it back upright and check it's condition. I would buy it because it just feel so wrong and sad to have not been bought but it's a 'Pinkie Pie with Sweet Sounds Hair Brush' and is something like $30... I almost think the store has forgotten about it since it's surrounded by G4 but it's never put on sale or just removed.

Anyone else ever see an old unwanted pony and feel sorry for it too? I know not everyone liked G3.5 but it's just weird how much I feel sorry for it lol.

What store is this in and what location? Because I saw one of those shoved at the back of the shelf at Kmart and thought "poor girl."

Post Merge: December 24, 2012, 03:42:11 AM

Oh and I do feel sorry.. I went to the markets at 6am in the morning 3 days ago and saw some G3's with horrible messy hair that needed bad shampooing.. I sort of impulsed them and it felt so good to be the one to pantine their hair and just love them XD 8 G3's and 1 Bratz pony. I felt so sorry for them.

The Kmart at Westfield Garden City. It's got a tiny pony section and she's just so obviously out of place with the G4s. :P

I've actually got a few G3.5 in my collection, just to have a respectful representation of the generation because they're as much a part of My Little Pony as any other generation... and I think the newborn cuties are adorable! ^.^
I would probably buy more if I found them for a good price but I don't actively seek them out. I find the anthro ponyville actually quite cute and funny in a creepy way.

Ooooh I went shopping there the other day! I also had to buy new violin strings down the road.

But yeah, I have every generation of pony. I don't rule out "Oh that's ugly." I consider they're also My Little Pony and buy them anyway.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2012, 03:45:50 PM »
I'm always a sucker for a pony sob-story.  I draw the line at G3.5s though.  No pony should be so ugly!

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »
*shudders* I cannot warm up to them at all, there's something about their proportions and facial expressions that throws me into the depths of uncanny valley. I only saw one in stores, a styling size Cheerilee, but it disappeared a while ago much to my relief. I have no problem with others feeling sorry for G3.5s and buying them; after all, there's no shame in buying the pony gens you love. Besides, I'm not planning on buying some any time soon. :lol:

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »
I like G3.5's. They are definitely underappreciated. Although, I have almost all of them now, so I do have a hard time picking them up when I see them at yard sales. I guess I could make customs out of them. Somehow I feel like that these ponies are going to be really sought after like 20 years from now if people are still collecting. They are going to be G3's equivalant to Piggy ponies. I'm not saying that I collect them for future value, but that's just how I see them.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 08:06:26 AM »
I keep acquiring them in lots of ponies.  I don't like them at all!  I got a freaky Pinkie with no hair, or holes for hair the other day, I guess she had molded hairpieces that came with her?  Blarhh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal