collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever feel sorry for G3.5?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: Ever feel sorry for G3.5?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 02:39:09 AM »
I do,
I admit they're not my favourite gen but they are pretty cute, I liked the clipart more than the toys though.
I have a Starsong I brought off the shelf and have a styling one tht I found down the carboot.
I do want to try and get hold of a Sweetie Belle as I thought she actually looked quite cute.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 02:40:31 AM »
There's still some stores here that have some G3.5's and Ponyville stuff. Mostly the newborn cuties, mum and baby ponies and random Ponyville items.

I do however collect G3.5's and Ponyville aswell as every other generation so I have picked up the ones I didn't have. They're getting much love in my home anyway :heart:
Guess the majority of the population doesn't feel the same way as there's STILL a bunch of G3.5's in the stores :(
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 03:39:56 AM »
It may sound a bit silly but I feel sorry for this G3.5 toy that is at my local Kmart. It's been there ever since I started collecting (about a year now) and it just looks so unwanted, each time I pony hunt I see it shoved to the back of the shelf in worse and worse condition... I always set it back upright and check it's condition. I would buy it because it just feel so wrong and sad to have not been bought but it's a 'Pinkie Pie with Sweet Sounds Hair Brush' and is something like $30... I almost think the store has forgotten about it since it's surrounded by G4 but it's never put on sale or just removed.

Anyone else ever see an old unwanted pony and feel sorry for it too? I know not everyone liked G3.5 but it's just weird how much I feel sorry for it lol.

What store is this in and what location? Because I saw one of those shoved at the back of the shelf at Kmart and thought "poor girl."

Post Merge: December 24, 2012, 03:42:11 AM

Oh and I do feel sorry.. I went to the markets at 6am in the morning 3 days ago and saw some G3's with horrible messy hair that needed bad shampooing.. I sort of impulsed them and it felt so good to be the one to pantine their hair and just love them XD 8 G3's and 1 Bratz pony. I felt so sorry for them.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:42:11 AM by Spike »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »
I am not a fan of the toys. The head is just off to me. Too big and the faces just look odd. Though I like some of the art. I prefer G3.5 Rainbow Dash's look over G4 Rainbow Dash. Her ponytail is adorbs! <3

This lovely girl has been at this Walmart for a long time. I have no idea if she was in a box or what, but they use the Nemo tag to price her. :lol: She is kinda cute, but not a fan.

-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »

This lovely girl has been at this Walmart for a long time. I have no idea if she was in a box or what, but they use the Nemo tag to price her. :lol: She is kinda cute, but not a fan.

What the..? She definitely came in a box originally. That's so weird lol.

I do feel a bit sorry for the unloved G3.5's...I mean, it's not THEIR fault that they're weird looking...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

appleponygal

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 12:07:45 PM »
It looks like they have gotten rid of all of them where I live now, it's all G4 ponies now! I have all the main charectors in G3.5 and the big styling one as seen in the previous picture. I kinda actually like the fatc they are kinda weird looking as I have other weird dolls people find scary like those Japanese suckign thumb vintage dolls. I however draw the line at clown dolls -clowns scare me. I try and deal by havign a bag with a Tokidoi clown on it but I couldnt' have a clown doll. :lol:(Even though I hada clown smurf I loved to bits when I was little, a big plush one-go figure!)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:09:21 PM by appleponygal »

Cherry_Sunset

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
I wouldn't mind buying unwanted G3.5's for my cousin, she loves ponies and I think she'd love them, regardless  :) I'd say that if you don't mind paying what they're asking for them, you could always give them to the younger pony lover in your life! I've seen a couple of G3.5s that I liked, but not many. Their lips look like the duck face  -_-

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »
G3.5's have always frightened me. I collected G3's originally, started when I was around 11-12. I had a friend get me into collecting them, and then I sort of stopped when she went to a different high school and we drifted apart. I went into the toy aisle a few years later when I was in I think...11th grade, and saw the 3.5 ponies...and I just did not like their huge weird heads at all. I don't like the way their mouths are, flat and wide and round.. and I don't like their eyes either. Haha.

Still though, I do feel bad for the left over ones. :(

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 04:36:28 PM »
I'm sorry, but I do not like 3.5s.  Seeing them, I originally thought those were G3s, and it made me hate all G3s.  Now that I've seen and own a few actual G3s, I like them - but I don't care for the odd proportions on the 3.5s and I think they're unsettling.  Especially the antro-style 3.5s where they walk on two hooves and use the front ones for hands.

Just to be fair and give other gens a chance, my husband and I sat down and watched a G3 special (Minty Christmas), some G1 cartoons, and even a 3.5 Newborn Cuties.  G1 was 80s cheese, which was ok - no worse than the shows he grew up with.  Minty Christmas was kind of trippy (a lot of the pony expressions were like this and the plot was kind of ridiculous, but funny), but the 3.5 was really boring and dull to watch - poor animation, nothing happened, and it just looked shoddy.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »
I like them I only have pinkie pie with the bunny ears I am looking for the other mane ponies and have never seen them for sale. I do feel sorry for any unwanted pony.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
It may sound a bit silly but I feel sorry for this G3.5 toy that is at my local Kmart. It's been there ever since I started collecting (about a year now) and it just looks so unwanted, each time I pony hunt I see it shoved to the back of the shelf in worse and worse condition... I always set it back upright and check it's condition. I would buy it because it just feel so wrong and sad to have not been bought but it's a 'Pinkie Pie with Sweet Sounds Hair Brush' and is something like $30... I almost think the store has forgotten about it since it's surrounded by G4 but it's never put on sale or just removed.

Anyone else ever see an old unwanted pony and feel sorry for it too? I know not everyone liked G3.5 but it's just weird how much I feel sorry for it lol.

What store is this in and what location? Because I saw one of those shoved at the back of the shelf at Kmart and thought "poor girl."

Post Merge: December 24, 2012, 03:42:11 AM

Oh and I do feel sorry.. I went to the markets at 6am in the morning 3 days ago and saw some G3's with horrible messy hair that needed bad shampooing.. I sort of impulsed them and it felt so good to be the one to pantine their hair and just love them XD 8 G3's and 1 Bratz pony. I felt so sorry for them.

The Kmart at Westfield Garden City. It's got a tiny pony section and she's just so obviously out of place with the G4s. :P

I've actually got a few G3.5 in my collection, just to have a respectful representation of the generation because they're as much a part of My Little Pony as any other generation... and I think the newborn cuties are adorable! ^.^
I would probably buy more if I found them for a good price but I don't actively seek them out. I find the anthro ponyville actually quite cute and funny in a creepy way.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »
I want to buy ALL the g3.5!!!

here are some for sale, Sunshine Pony here  has some for sale, I bought Star Song styling from her :)
http://sqponies.ecrater.com/c/1651422/my-little-pony-g35

I have some for sale, too - check out my siggy (I have them listed under g3s.)  :)

As for feeling sorry for them - sorry, nope, not really.  I'll leave them for other people to love.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
I need that Star Song!  I ended up with several 3.5s when I bought some grab bags.  Daughter immediately claimed TAF Pinkie because she did not have that one.  Gave me the others to make new ones for her.  (so nice of her to share!)
:socks:   :frog:

minty-fan

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2012, 01:22:45 AM »
I feel sorry for G3.5

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 06:56:36 AM »
I keep finding them at tag sales. Lol I can never decide whether or not to pick one up. I don't hate them, I think their concept of the core ponies with personalities was great and the artwork was cute. Without g3.5, the g4 we know and love might not have come to pass if you realize.
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal