collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Again trouble with DollyHair...  (Read 22064 times)

Offline BarbedDragon

• Trade Count: (+157)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/BarbedDragon/BarbedDragonCustoms
Re: Again trouble with DollyHair...
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2013, 08:49:31 AM »
I ordered Nov 26, received my order Dec 8th I believe. I had 5 underweight hanks and completely 3 missing hanks. I tried contacting her via e-mail the same day about just adding it to my next order, a week later, a week after that and then decided to file a PP claim for ONLY the missing hanks. PayPal contacted me 2 days ago and stated the refund I claimed was agreeable and they would refund to my account within the week.

Also because Tina does not use Paypal directly (I remember it being something about "issues" in the past) PayPal has to go through her Direct Checkout service to refund the money. https://www.asecurecart.net/main/default.aspx is who she uses. So refunds may take longer. They (PayPal) did mention something about contacting that company directly to expedite the claim. I found it very hard to try and contact them because you had to make an account before you could get any info.

I highly support making PayPal claims before your time runs out because of the spotty communication. I never received a response from Tina.
Commissions are CLOSEDWaiting list available.
*My Customs Page**My Facebook Page**My Re-Rooting Tools/Etsy*

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2013, 08:56:03 AM »
Thanks BarbedDragon. Do you remember about how long it took from the time you made your dispute until the time your refund amount was approved? Or did you escalate it from a dispute to a claim and have paypal decide instead of 2CO? Just trying to decide what my next step should be.

edit: Oops, I see your timeline now. The second question still stands :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:29:28 AM by NoDivision »

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2013, 09:47:33 AM »

BerryMouse: Placed order Nov. 23rd, still waiting.  BM can you also clarify what you were waiting on?

I'm still waiting on 7 hanks MLP nylon hair, 1 hank acetat hair and also one bottle hair fragrance

Sent Tina a mail on 29th December but no answer yet.

Opend a paypal case (just in case) and ask for a refund on 31st of December cuz I was afraid of my 45 deadline.
I've send a request of buyer protection yesterday 5th January.
They have time till January 15th to answer or do something.

IF the hair arrive I'll cancle the disput of course.

Cause I've ordered lots of the new hair colors I'm a bit afraid that I'll receive some underweight hanks as well but we'll see ... if it ever arrives. =(
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »
Your updated Berry,

And Barb I added you so it was on the list but crossed it out since you did receive your refund and it is no longer outstanding.

Skig also added.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:47:59 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2013, 02:19:50 PM »
If this is inappropriate, I apologize, but I find it very disheartening that you are spending time and money promoting your coupon code on Facebook, Tina, while you continue to ignore the issues of past customers in this thread...

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2013, 03:36:55 PM »
I haven't had an issue with DH before and I hadn't immediately noticed this thread, so I ordered a reroot tool on December 22. That's during during the holiday period and it's an international order, so I don't expect it to appear swiftly. But when I noticed this thread I got a little concerned, and today I checked the site to see this announcement:

"NOTICE-

We are SEVERELY delayed with our needle supply. If you order a reroot tool kit, or if you order any replacement needles, then you can expect your order to ship later than it normally would (possibly a week or two later). If you cannot wait this long to receive your order, then please place a SEPARATE order for any items that you need right away (like hair, for instance) so that we can send two separate shipments to you.

Thank you for understanding."

Does it seem reasonable to email asking for an estimation of when my item should arrive? (I know she has no control over customs, but just to know whether my order has been shipped or if it's been delayed because of this needle supply problem or whatever, that kind of thing). Or should I wait? I don't want to clog up DH's emails even more when for all I know my order is already on its way.

Advice please?
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2013, 03:54:40 PM »
THat warning has been up for quite a while, if I recall correctly. Can't hurt to e-mail her, but as you've probably seen in this thread there's no guarantee she'll respond.

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »
I've sent her a polite message. Hopefully things will work themselves out...
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline zannid

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »
I've gone ahead and put in two paypal claims for two orders with under-weight hanks. I requested a percentage refund for the amount of the hair I'm missing, the hidden fees, and excess shipping.

The best thing I can think for people to do is put in a claim or at the very least start a dispute (so far it seems DH doesn't respond to these, either, so you'll have to up it to a claim and let paypal decide).

While she isn't part of the BBB you can still put in a report, as well as reporting the DH facebook page (there's an option to report as scam, which considering the missing packages, hidden fees, and underweight hanks, I would consider this applicable).

Other than that, blacklisting might be an option. It's one thing to make a mistake or have a hiccup in your business, but this goes above and beyond that to me. I understand being overwhelmed but ignoring the problem as well as your long-term customers is not the way to go about fixing it.

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2013, 04:18:06 PM »
OK, so I went out and bought a better scale to weigh my hanks, and none weigh in under 11g. Being that Tina has stated that this is the "normal" weight, I'll not pursue the issue further. My largest were Stormy Sky and Kitten at 16g each.

But here's something to think about...

Several hanks from the order I placed at the beginning of December weigh in at 11g each. I have half a hank of Starlight (uncut but half-used for my last custom) that I believe I ordered in June (I know it was right before the fair) that still weighs in at 11g...

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2013, 04:27:22 PM »
I have placed 2 orders - one was prior to the release of her new colours, the other was an order for her new colours. Both orders contain underweight hanks (both underweight compared to previous orders, and underweight to the 11 grams Tina has said is the 'norm'. If 11 grams is the norm, then I received 26 underweight hanks between the 2 orders, with 7 being seriously underweight.)
I sent several emails to Tina but have not received any reply.
My largest issue, aside from the lack of communication and underweight hanks, is the shipping time. I understand that as I am in Australia, it usually takes 10 - 14 days for things to get to me once they have been mailed. But between the date of placing an order and the date of it being mailed, 9 - 16 days are passing. This is most disheartening, as for the 7 years prior to this (which is how long I have been one of her customers), my orders have arrived here in 11 or 12 days tops.

At this stage, I am still doubtful I will hear back from her.

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2013, 04:31:29 PM »
Just also want to make it clear that the hanks I'm saying are underweight, are less than the 11 grams Tina has said is the new normal weight.  Several at only 8 grams.  :(  I still haven't had any type of reply from her, and I'm starting to think I never will.   
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2013, 04:34:30 PM »
I never had any problems with DH - but at the moment I'm also waiting for an outstanding purchase.
I hope the hanks arrives until I need to open a paypal claim. :(

I also start to worry about it when I read about all the underweight hanks. :(

Will keep you updated.

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
I think the correct weight should be around 10 grams. I have a few hanks which I've had for about 4 years (they are still unopened and unused) and they weigh in at 10 grams each. The newer hanks I have purchased over the past couple of years weigh between 16 and 20 grams (they 20 gram hanks being the most recent and ordered over the summer).

I am in no way making excuses for her lack of communication but maybe there is truth to what she says about her last assistant. Of course I realize that there are some of you who received hanks which were grossly underweight (around 6 grams) and that issue needs to be addressed.
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

Offline zannid

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »
I am in no way making excuses for her lack of communication but maybe there is truth to what she says about her last assistant. Of course I realize that there are some of you who received hanks which were grossly underweight (around 6 grams) and that issue needs to be addressed.

My problem with that line of thinking is that she gave no notice that hanks would weigh less, even after it was brought up as a problem. Along with that, I fail to see how this has supposedly gone on for years without her noticing differences when taking inventory, her net profit, the frequency of having to order more stock, the cost of shipping out hanks as compared to the lighter hanks from before, etc. So many inconsistencies that I fail to see how anyone wouldn't notice. Along with that, you have hidden fees being charged and a 2-3x overcharging of shipping costs.

It just seems hinky to me. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but with all the issues combined it doesn't paint a very pretty picture. Mostly I'm just bummed that the place with the most color options is having so many issues. :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal