collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which CAM (girl) doll is your least favorite? (2 vote max)

Vampire girl
43 (26.9%)
Witch Girl
3 (1.9%)
Werewolf Girl
11 (6.9%)
Cat Girl
49 (30.6%)
Dragon Girl
7 (4.4%)
Sea Monster Girl
2 (1.3%)
Ghost Girl
13 (8.1%)
Bee Girl
8 (5%)
Skeleton Girl
6 (3.8%)
3-eyed ghoul
16 (10%)
Other
2 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: My Least Favorite CAM  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
My Least Favorite CAM
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »
Which CAM girl do you like the least and why? What could they have done differently to make them better?

(I didn't add on the Mystical and Nocturnal packs because they were kind of different)

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
Re: My Least Favorite CAM
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 11:17:08 PM »
Catgirl and Vampire girl. I still don't even own a catgirl because I am just not futched to get her. And well, Vampire girl has always been my least favorite. She's Draculaura's bucktoothed redneck cousin.

The problems with them both: PINK

Vampire girl - that mouth, the pointy chin. I finally managed to make one liveable for me but only because of her pros: those smokey eyes

Cat girl - those ears! WTF where they thinking giving her those ears?? I'm also not a fan of her painted on whiskers (which admittedly is an easy fix) I haven't really seen any pros yet. I get that she's essentially the pink catgirl backgrounder but srsly, the pink burns.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »
Skeleton Girl... I have a hard time bonding with something that has no flesh.  >_<

Which is why I ended up trading Robecca Steam...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:29:49 PM »
I reaaly like the IDEA of the dragon CAM but ugh her colors are atrocious. I also have to say the werewolf and werecat- seriously there's enough of those in the canon cast of characters as it is. I get that they're popular but you see the general idea of werecats and wolves all the time! Do something cool like a lizard girl or a quilin or something, that'd be neat!
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 12:46:43 AM »
Hands down, the vamp and cat. I just sold the vamp because even with wig and outfit I couldn't stand her. Too pink, which is weird bevause I like pink, and she had an overbite and those eyebrows....ugh. I also hate the cat's face mold. So ugly! And those unappealing whiskers eeeugh. Like bad upper lip hair.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 02:05:54 AM »
It was hard to choose just two. I ended up voting for the cat girl and the skeleton girl.

Cat Girl: For starters, I don't like cats, so I have no interest in any of the werecat dolls. The fact that she was pink also was a turn-off for me.

Skeleton Girl: My biggest issue with the skeleton is the fact that she still has a nose. Painting over it with a little black smudge just doesn't do it. They've done special head molds for a number of other ghouls ... they totally could've made the skeleton's face have an indent instead of a nose that sticks out. And she should've been a full skeleton like Skelita as well (she should have an indent instead of a nose too).

Dishonorable Mentions: Both vampire CAMs. They're pink and they're not very nice looking. I like the three-eyed ghoul's coloring, but that third eye gives me the creeps for some reason. I really wish the dragon CAM was a color other than pink, but I ended up breaking down and getting her anyway ...
Lastly, the harpy and siren CAMs. They had a lot of potential, and I liked them in theory, but the final products are a bit of a let-down.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:20:32 AM by pukunui »

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 05:20:44 AM »
the boy vampire cam is too smarmy-looking for my liking. i don't want to bring him into the house because i'd be too tempted to slap him

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 05:22:20 AM »
Cat girl and werewolf girl. I hate their ears.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 05:56:27 AM »
I'm on the Werecat/Vampire train. I am trying to get rid of my Cat CAM, but nobody wants it.... I used my Vampire Girl's body for testing and drilling when I made Phoebe, so it is ruined, but her head is sitting in a cup on my craft table. My husband says she is eerie. :lol: So if anyone wants just the head.....

I'm not a fan of the Skelly girl's non-skeleton torso. I am so happy that they've fixed this with Skelita. I'm going to be repainting the Skeleton CAM's face and rehairing her, so she don't be so bad :)

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 06:08:43 AM »
Cat and vamp.
It's the gosh darn pink!!

I HATE the vamp's face, ugh just want to punch her.
If I had a cat I would probably have to COMPLETELY customise her into something that doesn't suck :p
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 06:21:51 AM »
I picked Werewolf girl and Bee girl.

I hate Werewolf girl because of those stupid EARS. I have tried pinning them into the head and they still look ridiculous.  Finally I pinned and snapped them and wrapped her hair around them, and now she looks like some kind of insane sailor moon cosplay wolf.

Bee girl..I want to have all the CAMs, but I can't buy this one.  I just don't like her.  I think it's the glasses, but I don't know.  I hate 3 eyed ghoul too, because of her Meg Griffin hat.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 06:49:19 AM »
I picked dragon girl and cat girl. I love the werwolf but those poorly designed ears! They drive me scatty! The dragon girl design just doesn't appeal to me, I dislike the pink, the lips and eyeshadow colour, although jinafire is the daughter of the dragon and my word is she beautiful! Although I must say I love rehaired cam dragons, especially Ravie's girl, she made me actually like them! Shows the difference in design interpretation! I like all cams- not love but like, but I can't love the cat girl, something about her I don't like, but in real life, I am scatty about cats! I love pretty much every cat (except ones bred without fur- I find that so cruel :(

So yeah, all cams are cool!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »
I have been meaning to start this thread for a while and I am so glad I did. You guys made me laugh so much.

So many of the CAMs didn't interest me at all until I saw someone else's, like the Skellie. I totally agree about her nose! I wonder if it could be melted a bit and inverted? The bee girl's glasses do indeed SUCK. My bee is wearing some red Ghoulia glasses at the moment :)

There seems to be a lot of vampire abuse going on ;) I am now tempted to put a vampire girl together to see if I can make her look awesome. I think the vampire boy has a good head sculpt but that wig makes him look AWFUL. I wish they had made the vamps grey.

I just turned my cat into a fox and I have another cat I was going to turn into an Arctic fox, but I think I will use a werewolf for that. I don't like how the poofy lips look. I think I will turn my other cat CAM  into a black Egyptian cat.

I was surprised that the dragon CAM didn't do worse. I do like her sculpting, but again, that PINK! Will someone sneak into Mattel and hide their pink dye?

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »
Salli that would be so awesome! I'd love to see a changed vamp girl/boy, maybe I would love them then, I certainly love your fox! x

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »
The dragon's aren't all that bad!
I seem to have managed with my Jayden.

Spoiler
[img2]http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/550853_10151244228499672_1952168454_n.jpg[/img2]
[img2]http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/405126_10151231227599672_1359759715_n.jpg[/img2]

But I do sometimes wish she wasn't pink.
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal