collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which CAM (girl) doll is your least favorite? (2 vote max)

Vampire girl
43 (26.9%)
Witch Girl
3 (1.9%)
Werewolf Girl
11 (6.9%)
Cat Girl
49 (30.6%)
Dragon Girl
7 (4.4%)
Sea Monster Girl
2 (1.3%)
Ghost Girl
13 (8.1%)
Bee Girl
8 (5%)
Skeleton Girl
6 (3.8%)
3-eyed ghoul
16 (10%)
Other
2 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: My Least Favorite CAM  (Read 3890 times)

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My Least Favorite CAM
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »
Ugh, that vampire is just hideous to me. She looks like someone's overly excitable aunt with over-plucked eyebrows.  :huh:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »
So many of the CAMs didn't interest me at all until I saw someone else's, like the Skellie. I totally agree about her nose! I wonder if it could be melted a bit and inverted?
Possibly. Anyone want to try?

I was surprised that the dragon CAM didn't do worse. I do like her sculpting, but again, that PINK! Will someone sneak into Mattel and hide their pink dye?
Seriously! With the exception of the upcoming mummy/gorgon set, every single CAM two-pack has one pink doll in it.

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 10:47:09 AM »
The Cat and the Vamp, with the Cat in the lead for me.

Too.....much.....pink!

I hate the Cat's whiskers. They look like that first mustache that teenaged boys get, that greasy little thing that they're so proud of. I hate the ears. Those are not cat ears, they're fox ears.

I do agree that the vamp looks like Draculaura's hillbilly cousin, but that is an easy fix.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 10:50:45 AM »
Cat girl and vampire girl for me too  >_< Even though I love cats and vampires, and I love pink... it's their faces, just Do Not Like. At all.  :yucky:

(Dragon girl I am very fond of, although the pink doesn't make super sense for her. And vampire boy is totally smarmy, but awesome XD He's the brat of my gang.)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 11:14:37 AM »
Catgirl and Vampire girl. I still don't even own a catgirl because I am just not futched to get her. And well, Vampire girl has always been my least favorite. She's Draculaura's bucktoothed redneck cousin.

I liked my vampire cam until this post.  I went and looked at her, and now I can't unsee it! How could I not have noticed DEM TEEF?!

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »

Catgirl and Vampire girl. I still don't even own a catgirl because I am just not futched to get her. And well, Vampire girl has always been my least favorite. She's Draculaura's bucktoothed redneck cousin.

I liked my vampire cam until this post.  I went and looked at her, and now I can't unsee it! How could I not have noticed DEM TEEF?!

This is why i  turned the vamp into a witch and the witch will be considered a goblin. She has the right skin tone, yellow eyes and pointy ears for a green goblin girl.

StormyRavenNeko

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »
My least favorite are any of the CAMs that are pink - they went overboard in making sure all two packs have some sort of pink monster in the mix.  :/ For the longest time I had a hard time bonding with my female vampire until I wiped her stock face, same goes for the werecat CAM.  Those whiskers & ears! I just went in a wiped the whiskers off, I just wish they did not make her ears so huge - she looks like a mouse/cat hybrid. As for the vamp boy - his face, uhg his face. He looks like a punky mess or like a creeper. He IS the creeper of the group. My husband mentioned something about MH needing a Wraith. Yup, going to make a wraith outfit that covers him up. As for the dragon CAM - she's the only one I really like, I had gotten a second one and re-did her scales/fins in read which worked a lot better for her.  ^.^ So now shes' the fraternal twin of my regular dragon CAM.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
He IS the creeper of the group.
Totally. I thought he looked hungry in a typical vampire way. I had to get him out of my house as quickly as I could.

As for the dragon CAM - she's the only one I really like, I had gotten a second one and re-did her scales/fins in read which worked a lot better for her.  ^.^ So now shes' the fraternal twin of my regular dragon CAM.
I've decided that mine will be a half-dragon, which explains why she's a) humanoid and b) pink. I guess Jinafire will have to a be half-dragon as well.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »
The only one I actively dislike is pink Cat Girl CaM. There is just nothing appealing about her. She's not a new kind of monster (let alone being a Werecat, which FOUR main cast characters already are including Catrine), her coloring is terrible, her clothing is hideous. She's only any good as custom fodder (like Salli's fox!).

I don't dislike anyone else enough to vote for them. It's totally boring to have yet another female vampire and a werewolf, but their faces are gorgeous so I still like them. I also hate how they didn't continue the spiral pattern of dots on Tri-clops' arms. It looks like she got bored with a marker, instead of pretty racial designs like the spirals on her legs. I love Dragon's concept, wings and fierce face mold, but I have to agree, that pink, with bright green, was not a win in the design department...her only major flaw. :\

The boys only failing for me is lack of ANY good clothes (that's a failing of like, ALL MH boys, now that I think about it. :\ ). Though that's kinda a major drawback in that it makes them impossible for me to play with at this time. I have to see all the new/upcoming ones in person before I can decide. Ice and Blob Girls look amazing though.

And I can't believe anyone dislikes my beautiful Skelilah. :P She is BEST CaM, by far. They hadn't even designed the full skeleton body when she came out. And I like the nose smudge.

YellowCat

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »
The dragon girl and that's why I'm selling her.  No Pepto pink dragons for me!  I used to not like the cat either until I painted her black and gave her yellow eyes- now I love her!  It makes so much more sense to package a witch with a black cat! :throw:

Offline Dakashy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 07:28:31 PM »
I dislike the Cat CAM the most. Here I am actively looking to own every werecat ever made, and I won't let that monstrosity into the house. Seriously, I even turned two non-cat dolls into cats!!

I think I have a werecat abuse problem. =^,..,^=

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 07:42:51 PM »

Eep! Sorry XD I didn't mean to turn you against her. I know how it is to be able unsee something though. Poor thing, but

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She has a lot a potential!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
I chose the vamp & werecat.

She has those ugly whiskers, not to mention the pink. Makes me wanna give her an onion to eat or something. >,>

Vamp, She's pink and has that weird looking mouth. >,<;

I also wanted to pick the werewolf, but only had 2 options. Something about her color mix seems off.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 09:49:42 PM »
I hadn't even noticed WHY I didn't like the ones I didn't like, like the CAT's whiskers. Now I have to make a Vampire girl.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 12:16:41 AM »

The problems with them both: PINK

You answered the question for me! :lol:
Somehow I cannot stand the pink CAMs. Dragon looks really pretty, but her colors - urgh. That's why I'm looking forward to the Gorgon. Yay for green scales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal