collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Parents and Ponies  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Parents and Ponies
« on: November 11, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
There have been topics about kids and ponies and pets+ponies, so why not parents? How do your parents feel about ponies/collecting? Have any of them taken interest in it enough to start collections of their own? Or maybe they like going out on pony hunts with you!

My mom is usually willing to go pony hunting with my sister and I. She asks lots of questions, usually, and generally seems interested in what I collect. She likes knowing what's what, what we're looking for, and who the characters are. When she sees us looking at ponies in the store, she always wants to know who they are, if they're from the show, what they're like, etc.
My dad seems indifferent, but shows interst now and then. He sat down and watched some of the Discord special becuase he's a big Star Trek fan. I don't think he really "gets" why it's so popular now, but he tolerates it, so that's okay!
Both of my parents are always willing to buy us ponies, and usually snatch them out of our hands to pay when we find one. Funny story, my sister and I decided that we were going to split the Spa Friends bb set today, beucase I wanted Lotus and she wanted Zecora. My mom got it for us, just because. But we were debating what to do with Pinkie, since we both had her already. We decided to give her to my dad, and told him to put in on his desk at work. He's got all kinds of little things on his desk, one of which is a tiny cannon. I told him to put her near it because Pinkie needs her party cannon! Then my mom told him he was a brony now lol. He wanted to know how to explain her to his co-workers, so I told him to say that it's the trendy thing. We'll see where Pinkie ends up  :P

So share your stories of parents and ponies!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Parents and Ponies
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 05:35:39 PM »
My mom used to buy ponies for me when I was a little girl.  She thinks it's great that I'm sharing my love of ponies with my daughters!  For us, ponies have become something we can all share together:)

I told her about the amazing gifts I've received from pony peeps this year, and she was totally floored!  Before the Arena, I struggled with depression and loneliness.  Now that I have you guys, my mom says she's noticed I've been happier and much more positive!  She's all for my collecting, she even calls me from Walmart to ask if there are any ponies we're looking for.  I even gave her a list of codes for the blind bags!!!!

Great idea for a thread Moss:).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:37:01 PM »
My Dad likes to tease me about it but gently - but my mom collects with me.  :).

I got her into collecting.  She only collects g1 babies and boys but her g1 baby collection rivals my own.  She's also the first to tell me not to sell my collection when money is tight so I really appreciate her enthusiasm for my collecting habits.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »
My dad shows more interest about my ponies/collections compared to my mom. His favorite pony is Applejack, so I jokingly gave him a few Applejack toys and he put them on his shelf.. He'll even watch the show with me. XD Sometimes he will ask me the names of the different ponies on my shelf. I don't think he really cares too much, but he likes to be supportive of it with me since it is something I like.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »
my mom drove me  to the fair this year XD  and  she wante da pony of her own to cart around.  and  they have a tiny  pony hself  in there room.    it includes a sunshine pony,  my moms  fakie  pony she got at a thrift store salty (my dads pony) and  a customised pony i did.

my  dad  wen we go tot eh flea market  he looks  for  ponys and he  found me  a playset  and some ponys.  and  he knows what a mlp is. he  does  grab a fakie  every  so often. my mom on the other hand  grabs every pony she sees  lol 

he complains but then he  finds me more ponys at yard sales and flea markets.  and mom  tkaes me thrifting.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »
My mom is my greatest support in everything I do, and ponies are no exception. She got me my first ponies and she taught me how to take care of them when I was a kid. She knew their names and who was whose mom etc :P Even now when she comes to visit we play with ponies sometimes. She made straw curls on my Molasses (I let her look at the tutorial) and she made them so much better than I do  :P I also held a pony pageant for her to decide which pony she thinks is the prettiest and MO Napper won ^^

~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
Unfortunately, my parents have really never approved of my collection, especially my dad.  He thinks it's babyish and a waste of money.  He can be sort of a bear.  Gee, maybe that's why I turned down his recent offer to visit; he just stresses me out and pressures me to live my life the way he wants me to.  As disapproving as he is of some of the things I love (like my ponies and multiple pets), you'd think I had a major problem like a drug addiction or something.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
My parents are pretty okay with my collection and wish I'd be a little tidier with it, but they are supportive of the whole thing. Mom's come with me to two MLPfairs and had a great time, and my dad thinks it's adorable.

They certainly filled my life with ponies when I was a kid. My first bike was even a mlp bike.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »
mom thinks they are quite cute and does not mind in the least, I am slowing down on collecting though, I am saving for a house.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »
My mom goes hunting for them with my sister whenever they go shopping. She knows what ones I need G4 wise lol. My dad could care less lol

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
I think my parents are ok with my collection. My mom helped me out with some stuffing for the Gaint Plush Minty that I had bought. :)

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 12:37:39 AM »
Well I've always liked ponies so my parents are cool with it.  :) They both buy me any ponies they find at car boot sales (i.e. flea markets). Usually it's G3s because G2s and especially G1s don't really turn up very often here.  :(

My mum likes ponies enough to want me to make a persona custom for her. ^.^
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 12:51:48 AM »
My mum isn't exactly unsupportive but she isn't supportive either. She has a rolled eyes attitude to whole thing and doesn't understand why I want so many haha it's called collecting. However some of my collecting ways have rubbed off on her because she now wants to collect the dam trolls she had as a child.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 12:58:15 AM »
Last Christmas my mom gave me talking Celestia and the G4 blanket from Target.

So, y'know, she's cool with it. My dad doesn't really care, I work, I pay bills, I'm not in debt, it's not like they negatively impact my life. He has no qualms with my hobbies.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 03:55:55 AM »
My dad shows more interest about my ponies/collections compared to my mom. His favorite pony is Applejack, so I jokingly gave him a few Applejack toys and he put them on his shelf.. He'll even watch the show with me. XD Sometimes he will ask me the names of the different ponies on my shelf. I don't think he really cares too much, but he likes to be supportive of it with me since it is something I like.

You have an AMAZING dad. My mum tells me to grow up and start acting my age, my dad doesn't really care. I am much more happier now collecting than I was when I wasn't!

Post Merge: November 12, 2012, 03:59:16 AM

Anyway, I've always liked ponies and horses. My My little pony collection isn't just of My Little Pony. I have the Saddle Club horses, Other horses, some Unicorns and pretty much any other horse I can get a hold of.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:59:16 AM by Abacus »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal