collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Parents and Ponies  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: Parents and Ponies
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 08:39:07 PM »
My mother is the reason I actually started collecting ponies, instead of just having the few I had left from my childhood - so she's basically to blame, and since I'm almost 30 - I love to remind her that my huge, and ever growing, collection and my obsession with them is all due to her. She'll buy ponies from time to time, but usually not if we aren't together... sometimes she'll call me about something though if she sees it, to ask if she should buy it and if the price is good.

My dad on the other hand, I think he thinks it's cool. Like, he doesn't say it outright, but he never bitches about my collecting, he will stop at random toy shops (like resale shops, not TRU or places like that) to see if they have ponies, and he even just randomly stopped somewhere and bought me ALL of this stores ponies, fakies and all (which, I thought was so cute, and I think he overpaid for the group just a little bit but I couldn't tell him that...!) So it's kind of adorable. He also is totally supportive when I say things like, "I'm going to have to spend out money to really make my pony collection room amazing." and helps me look for supplies, designs, etc..

So my parents have always been supportive of it - and both my mom and dad have custom ponies that I made them for Christmas/Birthdays, so they too have a little bit of my pony collection with them! :)
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 09:01:01 AM »
My Mom has seen my collection , she is neutral to it, she is a bit confused of my likes LOL, but she is not telling me negative stuff about it either,the room that used to be my office is now pretty much a pony room and is getting full quickly LOL,My sisters are ok with it, one of them got me a Calendar she found at the dollar store,she tells me my nephew always tells her if he sees anything with ponies to get it for me.
my niece and nephew are always asking me what is the latest thing I added to my collection :)
both of them have received ponies from me,they enjoy them a lot and we watch the tv show  all the time :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
My mother looks for ponies in charity shops more than I do :drunk:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »
My mother is one of the biggest reasons for why I got into collecting. She taught me how to take care of my toys and when she showed me her awesome Barbie collection I died and went to Heaven XDD I thought it was so cool that an amazing woman like her could still love and appreciate her toys so much, and so that's the way I've always wanted to be!

So she very much supports my Monster high and MLP collecting- she enjoys the hunt of looking for new toys as much as I do, and I can talk with her about so much that she understands cause we both collect and she's taken the time to learn about my collections.

My dad hates pretty much anything that makes us happy- he's one of those people who can't make himself happy so he needs to make everyone around him as miserable as he is since misery loves company. He calls us both hoarders and swears we'll end up on the tv show. Even though we both keep our collections neat and organized and confined to certain spaces, and we also keep them very clean. And considering he's unemployed and we're the ones paying the bills, he really has no right to be saying what we do with the spare money from our paychecks.
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
My parents got me ponies when i was a kid...so i blame them! ;-)
My mother does look for ponies when we are on a fleemarket but she ends up with fakies or G3's... When i put my collection up for display she could points out wich one's i had when i was a kid, so that's pretty cool! My dad is amused by the sight of my ponies!

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal