collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Parents and Ponies  (Read 1057 times)

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
Re: Parents and Ponies
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 06:00:33 AM »
My parents are fine with it.  They've even gotten me ponies from McDonalds before! XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 07:31:57 AM »
My parents are pretty supportive. They'll drive me long distances to go to flea markets. Or they'll at least keep me company on the trip if I drive. :P  My mom doesn't really understand the collectors mentality like my dad does, but she still doesn't seem to mind it all that much. She thinks that I spend too much money on them sometimes, though.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 07:44:25 AM »
My parents are actually pretty supportive. My dad just kind of lets me do my own thing, and sometimes he'll see me brushing one and ask about the name and general stuff like that. My mom's hyper supportive. When she goes to any thrift or consignment stores, she always keeps an eye out for ponies, and she lets me display them all over the house. She thinks the hobby is cute.

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
my mom does not like that I collect ponys she says I'm stupid as wasting money on it and just complain about me ... but my dad buys ponys to me sometimes and he does not mind that I collect, so I'm happy about it. so i can sya myu dad looks for ponys for me ^^

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »
Both of my parents last night said I was a "weirdo" for collecting ponies at my age. I don't really care though, because I don't do it to please them.  ^.^

Myrthe

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:48 AM »
My parents are fine with it : ) my father is a collector as well (not My little pony!). they always look at flea markets for me so i'm really pleased with that ^^ 

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 12:10:22 PM »
My folks don't have a problem with it... We're all a bit crazy! Though I sometimes end up being the butt of jokes from my brother and mum.

Mum was sort of interested at first, but I think she just tolerates it now. My Dad on the other hand (whilst ponies aren't really his thing) is probably the most supportive and even keeps an eye out for me at thrift stores etc.  He's a sweetie - he collects old school trains and some model cars, so he gets it, and whereas my mum now just sort of humours me if I bring a new pony over to their house, my dad will actually look at it!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 12:26:35 PM »
My parents don't care. They don't want me spending my money on toys, but they don't really mind it since I'm not in debt and I'm not doing anything that could put my life at risk. My mom makes fun of me and my boyfriend some times. She thought I was torturing him by forcing him to watch G4 with me every Saturday. lol For my birthday this year she got G3 plates and napkins. While I'm not a fan of G3, it was the thought that counted and it made me super happy. <3
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Pleyone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 12:34:31 PM »
My parents are fine as well. My dad doesn´t show much interest but my mum does. If one of them find a pony I´m sure they would buy it for me. But it´s difficult to find G1´s nowadays...

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »
Although my mom did buy me a fakie from a charity shop when I first started collecting, she generally disapproves and complains that I am wasting my money. My dad is not bothered either way. :)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
My mother seems to be generally against collecting things... But dad often drives me to toy stores, flea markets etc. and even buys me new shelves when needed :)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
I don't really get any support from my parent's.  I am 28 and I think my Mom is still hoping I will grow out of them.  I tried to explain to her the arena and there are people my age and older who collect but it doesn't matter.  I think the issue is she doesn't really collect anything, but she does have a few sock monkeys, thanks to me.  It's hard for people who don't collect to appreciate or understand those who collect.  I think in my parent's opinion, they are just toys and toys should be collected by children, not adults.  I've gotten over the "you're too old for ponies" attitude.  I still enjoy ponies, because they make me happy.  Sadly, my ponies are in a couple boxes in my closet because I can't really display them right now, I have no place to put them.  I did put a few favorites out though.  The one thing I want most in the world right now is a 3ft plush.  I may have to wait until I move out to get one though, because I know if I brought one home from a fair or something my parent's would freak out.  I can give you a top five list of things they would say and reasons why I shouldn't have that.

I also expressed to them about wanting to get a pony tattoo and they also gave me reasons why I shouldn't get one. I don't have any tattoos.  I might still get one some day.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:58:08 PM by Majesty »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »
My mum is the best! And I have her super well trained now...she knows the pony lingo and the names of lots of ponies, she can identify a fakie from a real MLP.

Last weekend however she went above and beyond - she spent nearly 4 hours helping to sort out all my "to be sorted" combs and brushes. We sorted them into types of brush and comb - flowers and star brushes, fish and duck combs that kind of thing. However, what impressed me the most...she could id non-MLP combs or G3 combs all by herself without me even telling her! :hug: my mum tightly - she is the best!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 04:39:39 PM »
My mom is fantastic about ponies. She goes around to many different thrift stores during her weekly shopping trip and always looks for ponies, although she doesn't find many. She also picks them up when she finds them on sale or if there's something specific I'm looking for. She carries around the list of blind bag codes so she can get me the ones I need. She's a pony enabler.

A few weeks ago she found the styling size color changing Star Catcher at a thrift store and not only did she look it up to identify her, she also looked up customizing for her. I thought that was really above and beyond, and it made me laugh. She also told me the other day, "I found the big plushies at Wal-Mart, don't buy yourself any." So I think I might have a clue as to one of my Christmas presents.  :lol:

I don't think my dad knows ponies exist. And I'm ok with that.

Angelshy

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »
My parents were a little confused at first. They do tease me, but it's affectionate teasing.  They're pretty tolerant of the whole thing.  Dad even tried to buy me a bunch of ponies from ebay for my birthday. He ended up with a lot made up of mostly fakies but it's the thought that counts XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal