collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Pullips made me do it!  (Read 28747 times)

Offline fizzy_pop

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Shoo be doo, shoo shoo bee doo!
    • View Profile
Re: The Pullips made me do it!
« Reply #465 on: October 08, 2013, 03:11:25 PM »
I love this thread! So many pretty dollies! :D

I have been bitten by the Dal and Byul bug. I have one so far, Byul Siry, and 3 on the way! Dals Maretti and Tezca, and Byul Secomi. I cant wait for them to arrive! I am DYING of anticipation!!
When i have some more funds i will be ordering Dal Lyla, ohmigosh she is perfect!  :biggrin:
:lovey:

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 08, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Welcome to the Pullip world fizzy_pop! :biggrin: I adore my Dals and have recently warmed to Byuls, I can't wait to see all of your girls.

So guys.. I finally did some unboxing today. I've had my Lunatic family for months waiting to debox when I had bodies for them.. Then I may have gotten sidetracked with BJDs  :blush: ANYway.. Last week my Pre-ordered BRH arrived!! I was planning to keep her boxed until I had a new body for her as well, but I couldn't fight the temptation to release her - so I did! Then.. couldn't STOP!  :P

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So now I have a shelf of stock girls (and a guy  ^.^), Pere and WF Cat Woman (also waiting for new bods) have friends - yay!

I love, love, LOVE BRH! I was also really surprised with her wig.. it's SO SOFT  :shocked: I was expecting Akoya wig quality but it's honestly one of the softest, most manageable Pullip wigs I've had. I was sure BRH had a notoriously bad wig.. right?! I'm so glad I was wrong.. but more than a little confused. Could this mean her sudden restock was because more were made? And stock wigs are improving?? :wonder:
I'm also happy to see that she's not too similar to Lunatic Queen either :biggrin:

All of the new guys I released today are amazing and I love them all, but BRH was easily the stand-out. I'm so glad I caved with BRH even though my Pullip buying has slowed way down  :shifty:
:fox:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 09, 2013, 01:50:45 AM »
Congrats on all your new ones!  I'm admiring them all.  BRH does look especially pretty.  You are so killing me with your description of her wig!  She's gorgeous and has a soft wig??!! Do want! 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 09, 2013, 02:21:19 AM »
Congrats on all your new ones!  I'm admiring them all.  BRH does look especially pretty.  You are so killing me with your description of her wig!  She's gorgeous and has a soft wig??!! Do want!
LOL! Me too, I was like what?! They may very well have changed it, or maybe you just haven't messed with it enough yet lol. It APPEARS nice, then as soon as you try and style it it magically makes itself awful :P

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 09, 2013, 02:40:47 AM »
Thanks brightberry! You can't avoid BRH, believe me.. I managed to convince myself for months that I didn't need her.. Then suddenly I did lol

Bahaha! Yeh, that's it Rhini - sneaky Pullip wigs :hmm: Seriously though, I did mess with it! You know, to make sure I wasn't imagining it :P I even brushed it repetitively with a fine toothed comb.. Still soft! The nicest Pullip wig I've ever touched is probably My Select Ddalgi's and BRH's is comparable to that.. Seriously!

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 09, 2013, 04:29:13 AM »
Thanks brightberry! You can't avoid BRH, believe me.. I managed to convince myself for months that I didn't need her.. Then suddenly I did lol

Bahaha! Yeh, that's it Rhini - sneaky Pullip wigs :hmm: Seriously though, I did mess with it! You know, to make sure I wasn't imagining it :P I even brushed it repetitively with a fine toothed comb.. Still soft! The nicest Pullip wig I've ever touched is probably My Select Ddalgi's and BRH's is comparable to that.. Seriously!
So weird....take pictures!! Lol. The nicest wig I have in terms of managability is definitely Dahlia's, but the softest is Ruhe's. It feels like water sliding over your hands  ^.^

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #471 on: October 09, 2013, 07:07:56 AM »
Yay deboxing! That is very strange about BRH's wig, mine was definitely unmanageable, I could never get a brush through it because it was so dry, tangled and brittle! Happy to hear they improved it though :)
Come visit my blog!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 09, 2013, 08:11:23 AM »
I was having a hard time resisting BRH, but then I got into BJD's. Now she's out of my mind---well, until now :doh:

Offline fizzy_pop

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Shoo be doo, shoo shoo bee doo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 09, 2013, 08:19:48 AM »
Thanks M!ndy, its good to be here. :)

What is Lunatic Alice like?! She is another girl on my wishlist.
And im curious, what makes everyone love BRH so much? Ive seen she is the most popular Pullip on PS. Luckily im not collecting pullips...yet...  ^.^
:lovey:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 09, 2013, 11:27:16 AM »
BRH is just... just perfect! :lovey: I love the purple eyes, smoky eyeshadow, maroon hair, pale skin, red lips, and of course her glorious stock, all the white ruffles and the hooded cloak and the stompy boots... :heart: She's just inescapably irresistible, especially if you're like me and already adore all things Red Riding Hood :D

Speaking of the hair, though, that's so awesome to hear that yours has a lovely wig, M!ndy! Mine's like Cassy's, although it wasn't really tangled, just so very coarse, kind of... wiry? Since I keep her full stock and her hair braided, it's all good 'cause it looks all shiny and lovely... it just really doesn't feel lovely! :P I'm so glad they've improved it for the restock!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:29:00 AM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 09, 2013, 01:32:13 PM »
So TRU randomly has some pullips again.  :blink: Not great prices though, but if you have a coupon you could score a pretty good deal, and the shipping is free.

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 09, 2013, 05:54:51 PM »
I've just sold my Ruhe/Rche (nude - Her stock is one of my absolute favourites!), but yes! Her wig was amazingly soft.. *runs off to touch BRH's hair again..* Nope, BRH is not that soft.. From what I can recall Rche's wig was softer - maybe finer? BRH's is a little softer than Pere's though, and I don't have any problems with Pere's wig. I'll definitely have to get some more pictures for you guys! Though I have no idea how to catch the softness with photos lol

Kelpie! I will be a total enabler (sorry BJDs!) and say she'd be a Pullip purchase you will NEVER regret.. She looks lovely next to Pere too.. *nudge, nudge* :P

fizzy_pop Lunatic Alice is gorgeous in person! Her wig is a bit chaotic (I usually re-wig when I switch their bodies anyway, so it's not bothering me at all just being on display) but maybe it could be tamed a little more? My girl's hair is just straight out of the box and I ran my fingers through a little. Her stock is lovely too! For some reason, I just love her little white shoes and stripey socks in particular ^.^

BRH is just... just perfect! :lovey: I love the purple eyes, smoky eyeshadow, maroon hair, pale skin, red lips, and of course her glorious stock, all the white ruffles and the hooded cloak and the stompy boots... :heart: She's just inescapably irresistible...
This for sure! All of the reasons above are why I adore my BRH.. Especially the smokey eyes (matched with the soft purple eye shadow, so beautiful!). Her stock is definitely one of the most detailed! I also love her stompy (unlaced! :heart:) boots.

I have to admit that it took some time for me to really appreciate her beauty but when I did, (Cassemina, Rhini and Zombelina are largely responsible for that realisation  :P) It definitely became a lot more difficult to tell myself I didn't need her lol
Personally, I think she's subtly stunning and that makes me love her even more  ^.^

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 10, 2013, 05:31:29 AM »
Eee!  I want a pullip with a long soft wig.  Aurora's is silky but a little stiff. Definitely not soft and it tangles easily.  It reminds me of real hair.  It has weight and slides through my hands so I do like it.  But I would love one with soft hair.

I would love BRH!  I'm a little concerned she resembles my Aurora.  But I don't know if that's my imagination.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #478 on: October 10, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »
Picked up a mib frara on eBay for $100 shipped :) super pleased with muself

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 12, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »
I fiiinally got some pics of my made-over Marianne, Tabitha, uploaded to my flickr. I'm so in love with her :lovey: She has Alice du Jardin Pink's wig and Tiphona's stock, and she probably won't ever get to change either of them ever again, because I think she's just perfect now :biggrin:

Tabitha's New Look on Flickr

Tabitha's New Portrait on Flickr

And here she is with her two sisters, Anastacia (BRH) and Bryony (Peter Pan):

Three Darlings on Flickr
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal