collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo anyone?  (Read 7523 times)

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo anyone?
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »
Well I'm averaging about 250 words a day, really, like 500 words every other day, but since I'm just trying to finish last year's novel, I'm OK with that rate. What's really the important part is that I'm writing regularly. If I can develop the habit of writing, even just a little, every day, I'd be really happy with the outcome of this month, no matter what my word count turns out to be.

I Love hearing about everyone's progress and I'm glad to know so many other writers.

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:49 PM »
Well I'm averaging about 250 words a day, really, like 500 words every other day, but since I'm just trying to finish last year's novel, I'm OK with that rate. What's really the important part is that I'm writing regularly. If I can develop the habit of writing, even just a little, every day, I'd be really happy with the outcome of this month, no matter what my word count turns out to be.

I Love hearing about everyone's progress and I'm glad to know so many other writers.

True that, the regular writing is what's important. I lost all love for my fiction writing, since I have to contribute articles to three different websites on a weekly basis (!). It's helping me get back into the habit.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2012, 09:08:17 AM »
I didn't write one creative thing yesterday  :blush:

I sat down with my computer to do word sprints (I can't sprint on notebook paper - my fingers won't move fast enough to hand-write words), and ended up playing solitaire until I fell asleep...

My goal is to make up for yesterday today and sprint between loads of laundry and finishing custom pony heads :)  Keep going, everyone!!!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2012, 04:31:32 AM »
I wrote over 3,000 words yesterday and had myself completely caught up. Now I am exhausted and I don't have the energy to keep going. Motivate me please!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2012, 09:42:23 AM »
Today's my first "big scary test" of November this year - I'm going to visit my parents for four days!  This is likely going to involve heavy amounts of shopping done by me and my mom.  Add to that, I'm bringing seven (I think) ponies that need to be rehaired, as well.  I don't know if I'll have any spare time while I'm there, but if I do, I'm going to be busy!  I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to work in a few sprints while I'm there.  I'm sitting on just over 14k words today, and I'm hoping to be somewhere between 22 and 25k by the time I get back home.  Keeping my fingers crossed for that one!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »
Good luck Katika! I am still feeling wiped out after yesterday. I've squeezed out about 600 words today, not sure if I'll manage any more...

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2012, 01:39:59 PM »
Aie, I fell behind :( I was so tired from work yesterday, and now it looks as though I need to catch up!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
Finally started typing. I have a pretty empty 3 day weekend so hopefully I can catch up and make up what i'm going to miss next week during my productions.

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2012, 08:31:39 AM »
Gaaaah, falling behind! I was so tired yesterday after work I got nothing written, and today I've only managed a few hundred words. Won't get any more done either because I've got friends coming over this evening. Why did I think this was a good idea?!

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2012, 01:02:07 PM »
I'm way behind, no thanks to college.  Maybe this wasn't the best year to sign up.  I'm definitely not going to win this year, but I'll probably continue the story after the event and post it somewhere. :)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2012, 12:41:27 PM »
I'm nearly at the halfway mark! So far, the novel is falling into place perfectly too, which is a pleasant surprise :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2012, 01:36:22 PM »
I hope everyone is doing okay! :cheer: remember, just keep going forwards and don't press the backspace!

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
I'm nearly at the halfway mark! So far, the novel is falling into place perfectly too, which is a pleasant surprise :)

:razz:

Never mind my raging jealousy, Sora, that's fantastic! I'm really happy for you. That's a great feeling.

I haven't written anything for several days, but I have gotten 400 words today, and will probably do a few more 15 sprints before bed. At least one. Even though I know some of what I've written is pure rubbish, the idea is there, and I can fix the bad words later. I just have to keep reminding myself of that and not fling my computer across the room because it's so terrible. (Also, I'm going to do a search when I'm done for just how many times I've used the word "just" and "so." I'm taking bets it's more than 1000 each. lol)

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2012, 04:21:25 AM »
LeighAnn - I think I will have a similar problem! My characters have not stopped sighing since I started writing about them! I bet about 1,000 of my final 50,000 will be a variation on the word sighed.

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »
Enola,  :lol: I've had that problem before. Not this story, but I've had some where I don't know how the pages didn't blow away from all the sighing. And head shaking.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal