collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo anyone?  (Read 7471 times)

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo anyone?
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 08:29:57 AM »
That's awesome Katika. I am behind again because I didn't have any time to write yesterday and I have mostly been having a cold. Hopefully I now have a couple of spare hours in which to catch up though.

Also, has anyone seen the dares on the front page of the Nano site? I am now totally naming the rest of my characters after streets around me(!) and I am very tempted to add a backstabbing zombie unicorn names Frank to my story, even though it is a romance with absolutely no sci fi in it at all. Haha.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »
Also, has anyone seen the dares on the front page of the Nano site? I am now totally naming the rest of my characters after streets around me(!)

LOL!  Mine would get super dull if I did that, because I live rural.  My characters would be named "J Highway" and "501."  :D

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »
Nice work, Katika! Sometimes this is just how they turn out though. I have the same situation with one of my other novels, though thankfully that was always going to be 'no ultimate conclusive ending' and just more of a random series - Like MLP in a way :)

And phew, work cut me off, but I'm back on track. I know roughly where to go next, I just hope the characters will help me through!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2012, 03:57:04 PM »
Also, has anyone seen the dares on the front page of the Nano site? I am now totally naming the rest of my characters after streets around me(!)

LOL!  Mine would get super dull if I did that, because I live rural.  My characters would be named "J Highway" and "501."  :D

Haha you should totally name a character 501. That would make my day.

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »
Okay.  Every year, I find myself writing a little bit that sticks out to me as quite entertaining.  Usually, it involves some terrible redundancy or situations that when taken out of context have TERRIBLE amounts of unintended inuendo, but I think I've finally one-upped myself on ridiculous NaNo-isms.  This year's blip of ridiculous wording:

"What kills them?" Mathias asked, wondering if that was even the right way to word that request.
"It's hard to say," Sazrah said, mostly because the author isn't entirely clear on what it is that kills most undead things.

Wow.  Just WOW!  In my defense, that came out during a word sprint, so I was on the clock and didn't really have the time to start researching that kind of thing or asking for other people's opinions/thoughts.  This is seriously the first time that *I* have been allowed in my own novels, though, so thank you, Sazrah (a character who was never even supposed to exist!) for including me.  You make a girl feel pretty loved  :blush:

Your turn!  Have any of you caught yourself writing anything embarassing/cringe-worthy this year?

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »
Katika - that made me lol! I like it, you're breaking down the 4th wall. Or...something.

I don't think I've done anything like that yet. I'm trying not to read back over anything more than my last paragraph when I need to remember where I am. I don't want to get caught in the trap of editing!

How is everyone doing?

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2012, 03:00:38 PM »
Failing, failing miserably. I haven't written anything in days. There's always something else that needs doing *right now!* and then I'm exhausted and can't think. I'll never catch up, but I can maybe still finish strong . . .

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »
Rofl, Katika! And here I was thinking it was my story's job to break the 4th wall :silly:

Phew, got some more work done today. I'm on the final leg of the story (it was only ever going to be in the 50ks anyway), and it's still coming along nicely, give or take a couple of areas that I need to brush up on later.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »
I'm on target now, word-wise, but a little concerned I'm about to run out of story. My big drama bit is happening now, and I can't judge if it's too soon or not. Oh well. I'll just have to write a lot of extra waffle at the end if it is!  >_<

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
How'z everyone going? I'm totally running out of plot! Ahhh!  >_<

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2012, 03:53:52 AM »
Getting there! I'm trying to think of a good way to have a final showdown though. It doesn't have to be overly epic, but it does need something to keep people interested of course!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2012, 05:52:12 AM »
You're doing awesomely, well ahead of the word targets! Congrats :) my big drama has happened now so I have to fix my characters for the next 10,000 words. To be fair, I have broken them quite well, so they'll probably need at least 10,000 words in which to recover.

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2012, 01:14:53 PM »
Thanksgiving plans kinda derailed my ability to know where I am, progress-wise.

I know I'm at least somewhere around 44k+ as of before I started my mad dash around for the holiday :)  Since I write most of my novels long-hand, I spent most of my "writing time" typing it up.  Previous to this, I had a computer eat about 1k worth of new stuff that I've been trying to recreate (which is why I hate writing "new" stuff on the computer - I can't cope very well with losing creativity!).  I should know where I'm officially at sometime this evening.  I know I'm close-ish, and hope to be done by Monday, at the latest :)

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »
Oooh that sounds great Katika. I see there are people winning already this weekend :) I'm trying for a 5K day today (got just over half of that so far) and as much as I can tomorrow as I want to be ahead so I don't have to do much next week.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
Gah, finally reached 50k!  :yippee: :frolic:

Thanks so much to Katika, Enolaalone and everyone else who gave me support in this. This was my first year trying NaNoWriMo, and I'm so pleased it was a success for me :D

I hope everyone else is doing great too. All I have to do now is a cover for the novel... Which is easier said than done when you're a very poor artist when it comes to human characters :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal