collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo anyone?  (Read 7409 times)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo anyone?
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »
EEK!  I SO fell behind over my out of town time!  I think this is the first time in the six years I've done this that I've been this far behind!  I know I'll be able to catch up, but it's kind of stressful now!

I'm still "distracted" over some custom ponies, have the farrier coming out tomorrow, and am needing to go run some errands tomorrow.  I'm going to try to keep everything on schedule right now and aim for my 1667 per day and then try to catch up/get ahead on Thursday with some hard-core sprints.

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2012, 06:26:46 PM »
So I stopped writing for a couple of days due to my last exam, but luckily I was 3 days ahead anyway, so I just have to write 1667 words today to be one day ahead :P

So far I have an author in my story, and the story she is writing is almost getting more attention than my actual story itself. I prefer writing her story anyway, but it's hard to fit it in. And I think I just confused myself with the story within the story :D

Anyway, keep writing everyone, we can all win this! :)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2012, 07:38:25 PM »
LOL I haven't written at all. Fail.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Water_Fire

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
I'm still well behind, thanks to work and health issues. UGH. YOU WILL NOT BEAT ME!

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »
Hang in there, Water_Fire!  It sounds like we're in a very similar boat!  I just caught up one full day's worth of being behind with a 30 minute word sprint.  I usually do best with 10 or 15 minute ones, but I wanted to make sure I got a solid chunk done all at once before bed.  AND the weekend's coming!  Hopefully you can get some catch up/get ahead work then!!

Water_Fire

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2012, 09:34:42 AM »
Hang in there, Water_Fire!  It sounds like we're in a very similar boat!  I just caught up one full day's worth of being behind with a 30 minute word sprint.  I usually do best with 10 or 15 minute ones, but I wanted to make sure I got a solid chunk done all at once before bed.  AND the weekend's coming!  Hopefully you can get some catch up/get ahead work then!!

I will do it! YOU WILL NOT BEAT ME, NANOWRIMO!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2012, 10:01:58 AM »
Don't worry LeighAnn! You'll get there eventually!

I've been quite lucky as I've had some free time this month. Go for it everyone! Don't give up now :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2012, 12:32:56 AM »
Ugh, I am ill! I haven't been ill in about 2 years, but I just started a new job so I guess I have a cold from the new people :( now I am tired and grumpy and have no energy to write.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Water_Fire

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:49 AM »
Ugh, I am ill! I haven't been ill in about 2 years, but I just started a new job so I guess I have a cold from the new people :( now I am tired and grumpy and have no energy to write.

BOO stupid new people! I hope you get better soon. I'm feeling your pain in a different way, my depression has been all 'HEY, I thought I'd come visit, hope you didn't want to get anything done!!' Utter git.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2012, 04:59:50 AM »

BOO stupid new people! I hope you get better soon. I'm feeling your pain in a different way, my depression has been all 'HEY, I thought I'd come visit, hope you didn't want to get anything done!!' Utter git.

Aw thanks. I'm almost half way so I'm just trying to make myself write something every day, no matter how crappy it is.

Sorry your depression has come to visit. Most inconvenient. I can only recommend what I'm doing, which is a bit every day and then hopefully you'll be able to do more in one go when you're feeling better. Good luck!

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »
Two sprints in for the day and I've written 2320 so far!  I'm still behind schedule, but if I can get a few more of these bursts in for the day, I'll be on my way back to my comfort zone :)  I'm aiming to get a full 10k written today, with hopefully close to that much tomorrow, so I can coast to Thanksgiving and hopefully be done before the holidays really start getting crazy.  I also need to get a hold on my story so I can work without guilt on the custom challenge I'm doing this month.  Poor planning on my part there, huh? ;)  Keep writing, Wrimos!!!!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2012, 04:52:14 PM »
I didn't get much done today, mostly because I hit a minor block where my mind just kept going blank. Doesn't help I'm at one of those 'This has been done so many times already' parts of the novel. I know nothing's 100% original these days, but I didn't want it to be too cliche/cheesy!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »
Let it be cheese and go back and fix it later :)  I caught myself writing stuff that downright bored me before, but kept pushing through it (in a few cases, it was so boring that I literally just skipped a section, lol) and took care of it after the first draft was completed. 

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2012, 03:10:41 AM »
I powered through and now I'm enjoying my novel again :cheer: just over half way now.

Keep going everyone!

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »
Today has treated me SUPER well!  I went from an estimated finish date of December 3rd to November 27, started today about 3k behind and am currently a little over 2k ahead.  I've totally just hit a part in the plot that I'm apparently really excited about - I didn't have an outline this year, and that hung me up for a couple of days, but my characters all started telling each other secrets and now things are heating up.  The worst part, though, is that it's looking like this is *not* going to be the last book of my current "trilogy."  Oh, yes.  It's looking more an more like next year's NaNo is going to be part four of Mathias's saga...  *sigh*  At least I like him?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal