collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Horror Story: Asylum - anyone watching??  (Read 5380 times)

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: American Horror Story: Asylum - anyone watching??
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 12:42:08 AM »
Also Jessica Lange is the bomb.  How have I gone this long not knowing who she is?!

TRUTH. She's awesome.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 06:40:10 AM »
Oh I watched it with the wife, and now I want to go back and watch the first season.  :yikes:

I thought it was really good, and my wife was oddly silent through the entire thing. Her first reaction was to tell me not to lock her up just so I could teach children. I suppose that part was bit odd for us.

I have a question since I was not around for last season, and I hate to look up stuff to spoil my future watching. I assumed that the stories were mostly a bit of like ghosty or spooky stuff. Did the last season have any involvement from aliens as well? :what:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Water_Fire

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012, 10:32:32 AM »
Not as far as I'm aware, madhatterda!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »
No, it didn't Maddie.  It had a whole different story line.  I don't think you will be disappointed.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline SunSnail

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »
I think this new season will shape up to be great. I watched the first season and I liked it overall, but it was kind of all-over-the-place, for me, so I wasn't all that engaged. This one definitely looks more like something I'll enjoy. For anyone who hasn't checked out the show: if you like twisted psychological thrillers or horror movies, this is worth checking out.
Happily Trading Ponies since 2003!!!

Alicat

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 05:44:07 PM »
i did! I did!! My husband and I have formed this whole theory that the doctor is genetically altering patients into were wolfs! although, our guess about the last season was way off, so yeah!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »

And, rosencrantz, the best summaries are on afterelton.com for serious.  Read his last season ones, they are HILARIOUS.  Half the fun of this show for me is reading the recap the next day on that site!

Thanks for the tip! What's so weird about interracial relationships though?

because it's set in 1961

Yep, that's why!

I think the younger nun is somehow related to the older one, maybe her daughter?  Maybe that's why the older one is such a fanatic, she sinned once and now must atone, or something?  She got pretty upset when the younger one called herself stupid!

Also yeah, the mad doctor.  We've seen a mad doctor before, in the first season, and I'm betting this one ends up much the same.  Who better to experiment on that those who have nothing and no one?  Just like those poor girls last year.  I wonder how long he can keep his secrets from Jessica Lange!  I bet he ends up as food for his creatures. 

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 07:24:20 AM »
I thought it was really good, and my wife was oddly silent through the entire thing. Her first reaction was to tell me not to lock her up just so I could teach children. I suppose that part was bit odd for us.

I hated that whole bit!  I kept screaming in my head "do the right thing! You can always move!  It is not worth throwing away a person to an insane asylum!  You KNOW that is a horrible place for a person to be!".

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »

I hated that whole bit!  I kept screaming in my head "do the right thing! You can always move!  It is not worth throwing away a person to an insane asylum!  You KNOW that is a horrible place for a person to be!".

Well, on the plus (?) side, she's probably dead now so they're about even?  I don't know, I just had a hard time feeling sympathy for Wendy after she threw away her lover like that. 

And OMG, possessed nun!  We have a demon-possessed nun here, people!  I loved her scenes during movie night. 

So lets, see.  Nuns, demons, demon-nuns,exorcism, lesbians, aliens, amputee, mad doctor, Nazis, insane people, Dominique on repeat, mutant creatures, Bloodyface, Anne freaking Frank, electro-shock therapy, and a monsignour who is in on at least part of it.  This season kicks butt!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2012, 02:32:15 PM »
I do wish the alien thing wasn't part of it.  Seems like too many things going on!   I love the possessed nun though.  But she was so innocent it is sad that she is the one possessed!   I guess evil likes to take advantage of the pure. 

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2012, 04:03:09 PM »
Watched the first episode last night!
I really hope there are no aliens and the boy is just imagining all that.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2012, 10:40:13 PM »

Oh she wasn't thinking about her neighbours, but her career. No matter where she moved, it'd be marked on her record.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »
Did anyone else not find the season finale last year really lame?  Not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but it felt rushed and kind of lost me. 

I fear for this season, my friends and I are all weary of the direction it is going in.  I hope that it ends up being as good as last season was.

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 08:47:25 AM »
I don't like that there are aliens either, aliens are the least scariest things in the horror genre >.< But I loved the first season and I'm gonna stick through this season to see how it plays out

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »
We are totally loving this season, deffinetly action packed and MESSED up lol. Interesting to see where it is going....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal