collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Horror Story: Asylum - anyone watching??  (Read 5382 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: American Horror Story: Asylum - anyone watching??
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2012, 04:43:13 AM »
OMG Mr. Super Sexy is back! Gave me chills, gosh he's a good actor!

Post Merge: December 14, 2012, 04:44:00 AM

Does anyone else think the priestlooks like Tom Hiddleston? They should bring him in, he can be someone who thinks he's a viking and be evil santa's rival!

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »
I've never seen it but I've heard a lot of good things about it. What channel does it come on?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »
Um hbo? xDD

Post Merge: December 14, 2012, 07:04:33 PM

I er, know someone who views it on the internet.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2012, 04:15:45 AM »
Spoiler
Gosh!   I love this show but it really bothers me that I think no one is going to have a happy end and that the bad guys won't get what they deserve.  Sister Jude, Lana, and Sister Mary Eunice all need happy endings.  I feel for all of them

I hate that Lana is with child by bloody face.  Although it makes for a good tie in to the modern time and what's occurred at the asylum.  There do not seem to be any trapped souls or ghosts in the modern scenes. So at the very least death seems a true peaceful escape from the horrors they experience. 

The alien plot line is still odd. I don't think it fits in with everything so very well.  I wonder if the strange looking Pepper is associated with them.  She was missing from several episodes then shows up again with Grace.  And why would the aliens want to study Kit so much.  He is now trapped in an asylum thanks to them so was that their plan?  Or did they just want a subject and had no motive for him to be locked away.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2012, 05:00:44 AM »
Spoiler
Gosh!   I love this show but it really bothers me that I think no one is going to have a happy end and that the bad guys won't get what they deserve.  Sister Jude, Lana, and Sister Mary Eunice all need happy endings.  I feel for all of them

I hate that Lana is with child by bloody face.  Although it makes for a good tie in to the modern time and what's occurred at the asylum.  There do not seem to be any trapped souls or ghosts in the modern scenes. So at the very least death seems a true peaceful escape from the horrors they experience. 

The alien plot line is still odd. I don't think it fits in with everything so very well.  I wonder if the strange looking Pepper is associated with them.  She was missing from several episodes then shows up again with Grace.  And why would the aliens want to study Kit so much.  He is now trapped in an asylum thanks to them so was that their plan?  Or did they just want a subject and had no motive for him to be locked away.

Spoiler
Pepper is relevant because her sister had children, whom she had drowned. And she was the first person to have greeted lana as she came in, and Sister Jude seemed to have had a soft spot for her.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2012, 05:05:19 AM »
Oh!  I forgot about that!

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2013, 05:19:16 AM »
anybody still watching and going ERMAHGERD?

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2013, 06:43:05 AM »
I've been!  But if there was one last night I haven't seen it yet.

Spoiler
I'm still reeling over the death of Sister Mary Eunice.  I wish they had given her a little more time to show her struggling to win back her body.  I love when the pure of heart triumphs over evil and although they said the devil could not take her soul because she was so pure, I wanted Sister Mary Eunice back.  But then again, it is because she came back that Monsignor was able to push her over the railing.  The devil would not have allowed it.  Sister Mary Eunice did and held on long enough for her to actually die instead of getting saved by demonic powers.  And then when Hans went into the furnace with her!!!  I did not expect that at all.  It was so shocking, touching, and just, wow.  I am glad that this story line was wrapped up in such a way that I feel Sister Mary Eunice gets her peace.  And the experiments were all shot so that ties up another end.

And now we know that Pepper did not kill her sisters children.  Which makes me like her even more.  But did the aliens give her more intelligence and speech?  Or has she been hiding it all along?

Poor poor Sister Jude.  I want her to have a happy ending so much, but I don't think it is to be.  She is by far my favorite person in this story.  And I can see why she wins awards for her acting. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:48:24 AM by Marigold »

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2013, 07:46:53 AM »
I can't wait to catch up on the last episodes, I haven't been watching since number 7, I think.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 12:52:23 PM »
Spoiler
The whole thing last week was crazy! I haven't watched yesterdays episode yet, so... all I can say is, I was sorta surprised at the abrupt death of Hans, but at the same time, it was his innocent-spot in his heart coming out with his love for Mary Eunice that he died with her... I don't have any idea what's happening with Lana and the baby but - we haven't seen a flash back to the present day again... making me wonder... I just know no one is going to have a happy ending, lol I just don't know how it'll all end...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2013, 10:57:56 AM »
Any thoughts?

Spoiler
-The asylum was so terrible by the end of it all.  It is sad Lana did not try to expose it earlier.  She would have found Sister Jude if she had.  But I am happy Kit went back and took her in.  Of everyone in the story he was the only truly good person (well and Sister Mary Eunice who died innocent even if possessed).   

-I was shocked Alma killed Grace.  Her breakdown was tragically beautiful. 

-I was so sad to see how they messed Sister Jude up so much.  But she found peace at the end.  She ended up having a short time of family and love that she might not have had if she rose in power with Monsignor. 

-Monsignor seemed to be a good person, but too easily corrupted.  I wasn't surprised he took his life because I imagine he knew and hated all the bad things he ended up doing, but he was too weak, cowardly, and power hungry to make the right decisions.  He would rather brush them under the rugs and lock up those who knew.  He was such a disappointment.  I like to think he was thinking of more than just the war crime cover up when he took his life.  Or do you think I am giving him too much credit and he only cared about his reputation at this point?  Before he slept with the devil he was a good man.

-I had a feeling Lana's story would end the way it did.  I am glad she had a happy ending and I am glad her son is no longer out there hurting people. 

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2013, 04:49:10 PM »
Spoiler
WELL, I'm happy it ended the way it did there was plenty of closure on all parties and it was funny that Alma chose an axe, of all things and I think Grace was not being very understanding towards Alma and I think she was getting a tad pushy.

Although- I would have loved to know what had happened to Pepper and to the murderous little girl, and how Briar cliff was actually shut down.  I would have loved to have seen a final confrontation between Monsignor and Jude.

Spoiler
Any thoughts?

Spoiler
-The asylum was so terrible by the end of it all.  It is sad Lana did not try to expose it earlier.  She would have found Sister Jude if she had.  But I am happy Kit went back and took her in.  Of everyone in the story he was the only truly good person (well and Sister Mary Eunice who died innocent even if possessed).   

-I was shocked Alma killed Grace.  Her breakdown was tragically beautiful. 

-I was so sad to see how they messed Sister Jude up so much.  But she found peace at the end.  She ended up having a short time of family and love that she might not have had if she rose in power with Monsignor. 

-Monsignor seemed to be a good person, but too easily corrupted.  I wasn't surprised he took his life because I imagine he knew and hated all the bad things he ended up doing, but he was too weak, cowardly, and power hungry to make the right decisions.  He would rather brush them under the rugs and lock up those who knew.  He was such a disappointment.  I like to think he was thinking of more than just the war crime cover up when he took his life.  Or do you think I am giving him too much credit and he only cared about his reputation at this point?  Before he slept with the devil he was a good man.

-I had a feeling Lana's story would end the way it did.  I am glad she had a happy ending and I am glad her son is no longer out there hurting people. 

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »
Spoiler
I had very mixed feelings on Lana. I think at the start I was pulling with her being my favorite character. I think it's not as common to have strong lesbian lead characters, and I simply liked her spunk. I thought at the end when she spoke of losing Wendy and what all she lost chasing her story in some ways she might reform a little. Lana didn't seem to change a bit to me and remained a static character. The only redeeming quality I saw by then end of her story was her admittance to her power hungry ways. She didn't try to sugar coat or defend herself anymore.

Kit and Jude were by far my favorite, and I think went through the majority of changes. Well maybe mostly Jude. It was nice to see her with the family she never had a chance to have.

I never cared much for Timothy. He seemed very self serving and selfish. He wanted to do the right thing till something or someone got in his way. The only time I really liked him was when he had the guts to take care of sister Mary. I thought surely he would do the right thing for Jude.

Overall Lang's performance was great.

Did anyone else find it kinda "blah" that Lana's son was even included? It just reminded me of the first season with evil offspring. Granted it was well done and dramatic at the end. I hope in season three they can skip the evil children for a bit.  Just my two cents
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:25 PM »
Spoiler
Bagheera, I agree.  We need an update on Pepper and the little girl. Even if it was just a glimpse into the girls future and a little something about Pepper. I assume she was taken by the aliens. Maybe?

Maddie, Lana did turn out pretty static. I still loved her happy ending, but I wish she had softened up more. She should have been more changed.

I don't like the idea of the bad seed too much either, but it did add to the creepy factor of the modern day parts of the story.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal