collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has my pony had her hair cut...? :/  (Read 986 times)

Offline galaxia.rose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Has my pony had her hair cut...? :/
« on: October 04, 2012, 02:54:09 AM »
Hi, wondering if anybody can help me please..

I'm trying to work out if my Star Dancer has had a hair trim..?

I purchased her off ebay, the picture of her looks great on there ( obviously, usually the case :/ ..) but it's been so long since I've had a bunch of ponies.. Usually (I have found) the tails (when silky) have like a natural curl at the end, but the Star Dancer I have is completely straight & flat..

They stated in big it's not been cut or trimmed, but another pony I got (which stated she had had a slight trim) was completely straight too... All my others are curled.. :/

I'm not sure if it's like a natural thing for these ponies with tinsel in their hair (?) I put the tail through between her legs & it does just touch her chin...

I have taken a picture, but I'm not sure how to add it on here...?
I am happy with her, she's still lovely, but I just wanted to know really...

Please, any advice would be great :)
Charmaine
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:10:19 PM by SourdoughStomper »

girlyponce

Re: Has my pony had her hair cut...? :/
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 03:22:56 AM »
Without photos it's hard to tell, but sometimes the tail/mane are straight because the seller took them to the "Pony Spa" and washed, combed & straightened the mane & tail to fix frizz and whatnot. :)

Offline galaxia.rose

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 03:31:03 AM »
How do I add a photo on here....?

Post Merge: October 04, 2012, 03:49:24 AM

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u644/galaxiarose/20121004_101812_zps53dc87ac.jpg

Think I've done it right....?  :/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:49:24 AM by galaxia.rose »

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 04:10:51 AM »
I know what you mean when you say straight tail vs. slightly curly at the end.  Some of the UK ponies have very straight hair.  Stardancer should have that slight curl, though.  Still, if her hair is soft and shiny and there are no evident trims (her tail seems pretty long for one that has been cut), I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If you want to recreate the curl, wash/condition her hair, then wrap the tail around her leg using a tri-folded tissue, then secure it with tape.  Turn her upside-down to dry (over a mug or on the dish-drying rack) to prevent tail rust.  Leave her for at least 12 hours and when you unwrap the tail, it should have a lovely curl to it again.  Sorry if I'm over-advising you and you know all this stuff already.  Hope this helps. 

Post Merge: October 04, 2012, 04:14:40 AM

How do I add a photo on here....?

Post Merge: October 04, 2012, 03:49:24 AM

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u644/galaxiarose/20121004_101812_zps53dc87ac.jpg

Think I've done it right....?  :/

Hmm... I typed up my response before I saw your picture.  Yeah, that looks like a trimmed tail all right.  Gosh, it's annoying when that happens.  Nothing like being told a pony is in fabulous condition just to find out it isn't.  >_< I mean, it could be worse, but it's still frustrating.  Are you going to get in touch with the seller?  What I might do is send a polite response saying the pony looks beautiful apart from an obvious tail trim.  You could ask to return her for a full refund, or, if you'd still like to keep the pony, ask for a partial refund since you thought you were buying a pony with no haircut.  Most sellers are more than willing to meet you in the middle as long as you are calm and don't curse at them.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:15:57 AM by lochnessmomster »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline galaxia.rose

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 04:51:11 AM »
Thank you for the responses :)

I might contact the seller, not sure yet, as I did bid more than I would of done if I had known.. I will keep her anyway, she's still lovely :) And I'm not a fussy collector :)

And no worries about over-advising, I always like to hear advice & tips even if I know some already..! :) :)
Thank you :) :)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »
I was gonna say no..I don't think it's been trimmed.  Some sellers use a flat iron to take out the frizz in the end on the tail, and that's what it looks like to me.  Honestly, pull out a rule and measure a non trimmed tail and then check hers.  ^_^

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 06:23:43 AM »
I was gonna say no..I don't think it's been trimmed.  Some sellers use a flat iron to take out the frizz in the end on the tail, and that's what it looks like to me.  Honestly, pull out a rule and measure a non trimmed tail and then check hers.  ^_^

I thought flat irons and tinsel didn't mix?  Although... I think I read somewhere that you can do it if there's something between the tail and the iron, like a towel.  Interesting that we have different perspectives.  I look at the tail and see definite signs of scissors, mainly because the end looks so jagged.  It's still long at least.  I won a lot recently where most of the ponies had forelock trims all the way to the base, and their tails only went halfway down.  So depressing.

~Pony Wish List~

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »
I agree that the tail just looks straightened. And the truth of the matter is, tinsel 'can' melt when an iron is used, and it 'can' frizz' but thats not always the case in my experience with it :)

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 06:47:06 AM »
If it's the metal tinsel, you can iron it without major problems if you're careful.  It's the plastic tinsel (found in G3's) that gets 'burned' and melty.  ^_^  Actually, the princess tinsel is a great candidate for flat irons - helps get rid of the crinkley-ness for those over-loved ponies!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:49:32 AM by cloud_weaver »

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 06:48:18 AM »
I dont think its been trimmed. I have many ponies looking just like that (i've flat ironed all of them, even with tinsel) and they look exactly like that. If you're careful and use alot of conditioner and water, tinsel usually wont frizz!

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 06:48:44 AM »
whoops!  wrong button...nm   :blush:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:50:17 AM by cloud_weaver »

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline galaxia.rose

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 06:49:04 AM »
I have now measured it & checked the length against a couple others I have with uncut tails & it is about 3/4 cm shorter.. When pulled tight, it's got a straight edge, but when placed down, it does have sort of chunks of straight edges.. So my guess is that maybe it's a small trim... :(

But it would still be possible to wash it & try & get the end to curl again, isn't it..?

And thanks again for all your advice :) :) :)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 06:49:29 AM »
If it's the metal tinsel, you can iron it no problem.  It's the plastic tinsel that gets 'burned' and melty.  ^_^  Actually, the princess tinsel is a great candidate for flat irons - helps get rid of the crinkley-ness for those over-loved ponies!

Good to know, thanks!  I have a few princesses with unruly tinsel to tame.   ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 06:54:29 AM »
it does not look trimmed to me either. If it is, it's very very slight and it was probably just to even out a few stray hairs.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 06:55:20 AM »
I have now measured it & checked the length against a couple others I have with uncut tails & it is about 3/4 cm shorter.. When pulled tight, it's got a straight edge, but when placed down, it does have sort of chunks of straight edges.. So my guess is that maybe it's a small trim... :(

But it would still be possible to wash it & try & get the end to curl again, isn't it..?

And thanks again for all your advice :) :) :)

Very easy to recurl and style her hair back to the original state.  And honestly, which such a slight trim, she's not gonna show it if you curl it.

Wash hair and mane w/shampoo and conditioner.  Let the conditioner set for a while before rinsing it out (I let them sit overnight sometimes).  Rinse out the conditioner and then get a couple strips of napkins/paper towels and a couple of rubber bands.

For the mane, wrap the mane around her neck, then the paper towel around the hair, and then secure w/a rubber band around her neck.

For the tail, take the tail and run in down her leg and wrap it around a back foot.  Secure w/a paper towel wrapped a couple of times around the wet hair, and then put the rubber band around it.

Let them dry.  ^_^  The longer you let them dry, the more the hair will set.  Also, use as hot of water as possible when rinsing out the conditioner as heat helps the hair set. 

Then take out the paper towels and bands...voila!  Recurled hair.  ^_^

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal