collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has my pony had her hair cut...? :/  (Read 977 times)

Offline galaxia.rose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has my pony had her hair cut...? :/
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 07:11:25 AM »
Thank you so much for the tips :) :)

Will give it a try :) :)

Thank you :) :)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 08:20:46 AM »
I don't even use any paper towels or bands when curing tails around legs, it just seems wasteful and the conditioner or water helps it to stay in place anyway. Why bother doing more than you need to?
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »
I don't even use any paper towels or bands when curing tails around legs, it just seems wasteful and the conditioner or water helps it to stay in place anyway. Why bother doing more than you need to?

Once you rinse out the conditioner, the hair won't always stay in place.  Also, it depends on how you style it.  I like to do straw curls so paper towels are a must.  And really, it's not that wasteful.  O.o  One paper towel will do quite a few ponies. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:19 AM »

Once you rinse out the conditioner, the hair won't always stay in place.  Also, it depends on how you style it.  I like to do straw curls so paper towels are a must.  And really, it's not that wasteful.  O.o  One paper towel will do quite a few ponies. 
Well, it normally stays around the leg when wet just enough to give it a nice curl, I just don't see any added benefits from using a paper towel when it works just fine if I use none too, even applied to other generations.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »
I find that the curls tend to be tighter when secured and therefore they last longer.  ^_^  I've been doing ponies hair for over 15 years now, and found that this works the best for me.  But to each his/her own.  :happy:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »
Actually it really does look cut across to me. All my natural tailed G1s have a few stray strands longer then the rest and the tail tapers more at the end. Looks at Snuzzle's tapered to a point tail next to it and then how squared off this tail is at the end. It would be just like a quarter of an inch. I bet the seller doesn't even know if its been trimmed or not because its so close to being the normal length. It would really be picky to not want it because of such a small trim.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:10:14 AM by HavACrumpet452 »

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 10:10:47 AM »
Actually it really does look cut across to me. All my natural tailed G1s have a few stray strands longer then the rest and the tail tapers more at the end. It would be just like a quarter of an inch. I bet the seller doesn't even know if its been trimmed or not because its so close to being the normal length. It would really be picky to not want it because of such a small trim.
I agree, it's rather nitpicky to be upset if the tail is trimmed by mere millimeters, it doesn't impact the look at all, and you'd only notice if you compared the tail to other ponies, which is silly because even non-cut tails were different lengths out of the factory.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 01:41:44 PM »

Well, it normally stays around the leg when wet just enough to give it a nice curl, I just don't see any added benefits from using a paper towel when it works just fine if I use none too, even applied to other generations.

Actually its quite common for some hair colours not to be completely colour fast so if the hair is wet and you are going to press it directly against a ponies body you are better to have something between the hair and the body to prevent staining. Thats the reason I use it when drying hair.

Personally I dont actually think its cut - it does perhaps look straightened but equally some ponies which have straight hair are known to have quite a choppy and sharp finish to the trim and half a centimetre or so in length difference isnt enough I would say to say its cut as hair length varies across the line, across sets and even across the same ponies sometimes. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal