collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37695 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #420 on: September 29, 2012, 03:05:35 PM »
DT Lagoona sure is popular! It warms my heart so, as she's my favorite ghoul period. :heart:

Wait till you see the new outfit my DT Lagoona is in. So adorable! She reminds me a bit of Alice in Wonderland. But it's a dress for my fashion swap partner and I can't show pics until she's received her package! (Dec!) As soon as the outfit arrived, I just had to buy another for myself! Er, I mean for Lagoona...

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #421 on: September 29, 2012, 03:30:18 PM »
DT Lagoona sure is popular! It warms my heart so, as she's my favorite ghoul period. :heart:
:thumb:

This has bothered me since like the beginning of time. Unfortunately, her fins have little notches on the pegs to prevent putting them in the "wrong" way. You might be able to shave them down though!
Yes, you can't just switch them round directly, but what about flipping them over and then switching legs? Or will they be backwards? I shall go and have a look now.

EDIT: Ah, the notches don't like up. Yes, one could shave off the notches. Probably isn't worth the effort though. Lagoona can just be weird and have backwards leg fins. LOL.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:32:56 PM by pukunui »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #422 on: September 29, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »
But if you do this, then they wouldn't be going the same way as her arm fins. Not a big deal to some, but that little bit of continuity is enough to keep me from trying it

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 29, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »
But if you do this, then they wouldn't be going the same way as her arm fins. Not a big deal to some, but that little bit of continuity is enough to keep me from trying it
Her arm fins are placed the right direction for swimming. Her leg fins are backwards. Look at a picture of Gil. His fins are all facing the right way.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 29, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
I've been the same way, Puku.. "She's the prettiest..." "ÖH MY GOD, NO! SHE'S THE PRETTIEST!!"
I do think I've picked my favourite, though... >____>
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 29, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
More Signature Lagoona for meeee! Her face-up is just perfection. I wasn't expecting to fall so in love, so hard when I originally bought her, but eeee. I've actually been mildly disappointed by every release since, as I keep buying them expecting the magic of Signature, and getting...not that. (Well, to be fair I've gotten used to it by now and lowered my expectations accordingly, but it made it particularly hard to bond with my simply inferior MS Lala, the second Lagoona I bought.) ...but I totally have sky high hopes for the 2.0 version they FINALLY got in-stock on Amazon and I immediately purchased. XD

My DDG Lagoona arrived, and while there's nothing technically wrong with her, her expression isn't working for me. It looks like she's looking up, at a point somewhere above my head, instead of straight on. It's almost a creepy effect, as horror-movie-obsessed me keeps imagining she's watching a ghost up there... So yeah, this girl is getting exchanged for one of her clones if I find one with a more neutral expression.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 29, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
My DDG Lagoona arrived, and while there's nothing technically wrong with her, her expression isn't working for me. It looks like she's looking up, at a point somewhere above my head, instead of straight on. It's almost a creepy effect, as horror-movie-obsessed me keeps imagining she's watching a ghost up there... So yeah, this girl is getting exchanged for one of her clones if I find one with a more neutral expression.
My Clawds are both looking up quite a lot, and I find it rather annoying because their heads don't bend forward, so I can't ever get them to look straight forward without making them lean forward at the waist. Some of the others also look up, but to a lesser extent.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #427 on: September 29, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »

Wait till you see the new outfit my DT Lagoona is in. So adorable! She reminds me a bit of Alice in Wonderland. But it's a dress for my fashion swap partner and I can't show pics until she's received her package! (Dec!) As soon as the outfit arrived, I just had to buy another for myself! Er, I mean for Lagoona...

Oh my gosh, Alice in Wonderland?! Where did you find this dress?? I must have one!! Can you PM me the name to the place you got it from if you can't say it here because of the swap?
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #428 on: September 29, 2012, 08:23:36 PM »
I had a very positive shopping experience with eBay user zoecmf716 (the seller who has all those awesome tights and stockings). I ordered 5 things, and when they arrived there was also a little striped dress included as a gift ^_^ I just thought that was the sweetest thing and I wanted to share!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 29, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »

Oh my gosh, Alice in Wonderland?! Where did you find this dress?? I must have one!! Can you PM me the name to the place you got it from if you can't say it here because of the swap?

Well, my interpretation of AiW! PMing you now

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 29, 2012, 08:57:14 PM »
I had a very positive shopping experience with eBay user zoecmf716 (the seller who has all those awesome tights and stockings). I ordered 5 things, and when they arrived there was also a little striped dress included as a gift ^_^ I just thought that was the sweetest thing and I wanted to share!
Eee, thanks for posting this! I've been eyeing a ton of their stuff but I was a little worried on how the actual product would look. ; u; Maybe I'll pick up some stuff next week.. :ninja:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #431 on: September 29, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »
Eee, thanks for posting this! I've been eyeing a ton of their stuff but I was a little worried on how the actual product would look. ; u; Maybe I'll pick up some stuff next week.. :ninja:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm130/elpikachu/mh/101_1180.jpg
I'll give you my thoughts, if you'd care to hear 'em. Already posted that photo elsewhere, so I'll just link it for now. My bee girl is wearing a pair of the gold tights from their store. :)

Quality-wise, the clothing is very nice. The waist and cuff edges are finished, and I don't see any loose threads. I thought the pants would just pull on, but they actually close with a metal snap in the back. The rise is very low, so if you have a lot of Bratz tops you might want to go with something a little more conservative on the bottom half (unless you want that 90's pop star look). Still, even sitting down, the pants don't ride too far down their backs.

The gold pants are made of a very nice, shiny fabric that seems okay at resisting wrinkling, and it doesn't split or pucker even if you stretch it a bit. My bee girl sat down for the better part of a day, yet the top of the pants has only minimal folds left in it. The fabric has a 4-way stretch, so it conforms to the leg shape a little bit and the pants stay in place even when you bend the joints.

Overall, I'm very pleased with them! I put a pair of the jeggings on Operetta and they look fabulous. They're the perfect length to either wear with heels or tuck into boots.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #432 on: September 29, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »
Are the Howleen/Clawdeen sets still being found in Targets or have they stopped being shipped out all together?

I picked mine up at our Target about 2 weeks ago.  I don't know if they have them now, there were only 2 on the shelf when I grabbed mine.  I never saw this set for clearance at our Target.  They never clearance MH stuff there.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 29, 2012, 11:25:37 PM »
Yes! I have ordered stockings from her twice now and both times she's included a little gift - the first time it was a red skirt and leg warmers, the second time an extra pair of stockings. She is awesome! Not just for that but also for the high quality of her products.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 29, 2012, 11:36:18 PM »
Yes! I have ordered stockings from her twice now and both times she's included a little gift - the first time it was a red skirt and leg warmers, the second time an extra pair of stockings. She is awesome! Not just for that but also for the high quality of her products.

Oh that's so good to hear! I've had my eye on her stuff for a while now. Definitely gonna cave in and get my ghouls a bunch of tights when I have money XD I like the jeggings/skinny jeans especially.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal