collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37289 times)

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #405 on: September 29, 2012, 08:08:16 AM »
I actually like the old pne better! I loved her huge pouty lips and her shaped eyebrows. Also, her freckles seem more apparent, which I also love. Guess I'm the only one. And lucky me because I have her!

I'm with you on this one!
I acccually replaced my original Lagoona for the wave 2 because of her bigger lips. I love them, it makes her face looks less "apple" in my opinion ^__^

Totally Agreed!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 29, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »
The big lips were really off-putting for me. So much so that I wiped off her lipstick and repainted it. I did like that she had one eyebrow higher than the other until I realized that her left eye was higher as well. I was disappointed to find that my actual doll didn't really look that much like the one in all the official promo shots. I think this rerelease version looks more like that one, which makes me happy.
Since you said you like the rerelease better, I'm almost tempted to ask you if you'd like to trade. I personally find yours gorgeous and like her focused look a smidgen more than the sweet, spaced out look of mine.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »
More focused? I've always thought mine was a bit wall-eyed. As for a trade, I think I've managed to source one already. Thanks anyway though.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 29, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »
Awww, alright. :(
I don't know, I think mine is that way hahaha. When I take pictures of her, it looks like she's not looking straight at anything or one of her eyes is wandering away..

Maybe it's just me..? ;n;

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #409 on: September 29, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »
Most of the dolls look like that, though. I think it's because they have more white on the inner corners of their eyes than the outer ones. My Venus looks a bit vapid, too... It's part of her charm :F

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 29, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »
I have a question for those with the rerelease wave 2 Lagoona. Is her hair just kinda frizzy in back, or is it just mine? I thought it was bad box hair, but now it looks like it was just cut that way. It's just the ends, not the whole head of hair. I shampood and conditioned her hair, but I'm thinking I'll probably have to boil the ends.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #411 on: September 29, 2012, 01:03:39 PM »
My new Wave 2 Lagoona has frizzy hair. Her bangs are super cute and under control, but her whole head of hair beyond the rope is just poof!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 29, 2012, 01:23:17 PM »
I adore my Signature Lagoona. She is the best of all of them in my opinion! I love that face. Wish they made it like that still. Oh, and those red sparkly lips - PERFECTION.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 29, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »
They do have that "spaced out" look, but I notice it on Lagoona a lot more. She's totally becoming my favourite lately, though. Even my partner who has zero interest in MH finds her to be the "best one".  :silly:
I'm not going to resist.. Next time I go to TRU, DT Lagoona will be mine! \o/

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #414 on: September 29, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
You won't regret it, Chi!

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 29, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »
Oh, I know! She's amazing. I swore I wouldn't collect more than 1 of each doll, but now I want EVERY SINGLE LAGOONA. :lookround:
She's so gorgeous and reminds me of how when I was little and lived in the caribbean, I wished I could be a sea person. I always said "I want to live in the ocean, breathe under water, but I don't want to lose my legs!".. XD The mind of 5-year-old Chi, hehee..

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 29, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
I think it's because Lagoona has more.. 'bump' to her eye shape, to mimic fish eyes is why she looks more spaced out, imo.

Also akjsdgasgdd DT Lagoona, I want her so badly for my fiance... and I really do regret not just manning up and using my voucher when I had it to cut the cost of the Hydration Station in half the last time I was out at TRU. I really do feel awful for being so selfish.. ;_;

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #417 on: September 29, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »
Dead Tired Lagoona is my favorite Lagoona and in a close race for my favorite doll. She was my grail, and I was almost in tears when I found her at TRU.I am seriously hoping to get a signature Lagoona soon! Then I'll only need DotD and Mad Scientist to have them all! :)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #418 on: September 29, 2012, 02:32:52 PM »
Dead Tired is my favorite Lagoona at the moment. It's kind of funny because I thought I'd like signature Lagoona, but when I got her, her rat's nest of a hairdo and her faceup just didn't do it for me. I'd already gotten and sold nude a Skull Shores Lagoona, at the at point, and my sig Lagoona ended up going the same way.

When I spotted wave 2 Lagoona in one of picklepud's photos, I had to have her as I thought she wasn't just the prettiest Lagoona but also the prettiest MH doll of them all. But then I finally got one and she just wasn't what I was expecting. Her eyes were a little wall-eyed and uneven, and her lipstick made her mouth look too big, and I felt like her freckles stood out a little too much.

Then I got a Mad Science Lagoona and it was love all over again. I thought she was the prettiest. I loved the shape of her eyes better and that adorable braid. I also like how her eyebrows aren't just one color - they've got little dark lines on them to make it look like they're actually made of hair.

Then I got my Dead Tired girl and she just blows the other two out of the water!

I recently got a DDG Lagoona, and while I liked her face-up, especially the green freckles, she had a wonky eye and those loops in her hair just seemed a bit like they'd end up being annoying or something, so I sold her nude too.

Now I am getting a rerelease wave 2 Lagoona and she could easily make it so I go back to liking that one best.

These are my current three Lagoonas, by the way:

my three Lagoonas by pukunui81, on Flickr

I have since redressed MS Lagoona in the Dawn of the Dance outfit and DT Lagoona in the Dot Dead Gorgeous outfit, but I haven't taken any photos of them yet.

On a side note, I was looking at the CAM sea monster's leg fins the other day and it occurred to me that Lagoona's fins face the wrong way. Both the sea monster's and Gil's leg fins are streamlined for moving forward through the water, whereas Lagoona's would be more conducive for moving backwards in the water. I'm thinking I might try turning my Lagoonas' fins around to see what it looks like.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:42:30 PM by pukunui »

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #419 on: September 29, 2012, 02:59:24 PM »
DT Lagoona sure is popular! It warms my heart so, as she's my favorite ghoul period. :heart:

On a side note, I was looking at the CAM sea monster's leg fins the other day and it occurred to me that Lagoona's fins face the wrong way. Both the sea monster's and Gil's leg fins are streamlined for moving forward through the water, whereas Lagoona's would be more conducive for moving backwards in the water. I'm thinking I might try turning my Lagoonas' fins around to see what it looks like.
This has bothered me since like the beginning of time. Unfortunately, her fins have little notches on the pegs to prevent putting them in the "wrong" way. You might be able to shave them down though!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal