collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 3793 times)

biologistkid

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Seriously?
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2012, 12:44:39 PM »
Oh yeah and my favorite part is that while major retail chains tie employees hands about not being able to confront shoplifters, if shrinkage is over a certain percent, it is assumed to be internal theft and a heated investigation begins into all employees. Not like we didn't routinely have to have our purses and bags searched before we left already.

Exactly. During training it was drilled over and over again that internal theft is "a large problem" and we should report any sign of internal theft, and yet we aren't allowed to intervene in a customer theft.

As an employee I have to keep my receipts for everything - even the 99 cent drink I buy on my lunch break in plain view of other employees. Otherwise, I'm automatically assumed to be a thief. Not so for the customers, however. It's a little discouraging.

Considering the running joke between other employees about how I'll spend my lunch break examining the pony aisle to see if we've placed any new girls out, I'm surprised I haven't been talked to about the number of damaged blind bags laying about.

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
Oh this strikes a nerve. :/ Someone does this at my local walmart alot and I've found just the bags and cards in isles on the other side of the pet section before. I used to work at a local book store that's a major chain bookseller. It was just disheartening to find empty wrappers for books and gift but a daily routine. You can't find these people but you can definitely find where they went. :/ The top most stolen things were blank journals, comics, and Bibles! Why would you steal these things? Same people that steal miniature toys and justify it as "well they are cheap so it doesn't mean anything." :(
Goodness, there are people stealing bibles? You're likely to get struck down for that offense!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2012, 03:51:44 PM »
I completely understand how worrying, disheartening and wrong theft in any manner can be - however lets keep this thread on the subject of blind bag ponies rather than a general discussion on retail theft. Lets keep it Corral relevant people :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2012, 06:04:44 PM »
Hrm. York didn't have this problem, at least not that I saw. The toys are right in front of the fast lane so security would hover there anyway.

I did wonder if I was getting funny looks when I stopped to check codes on...er.. wave 3? wave 4? whatever the wave with Big Mac in it is. I can't remember... I basically wanted to grab a whole set from the boxes that were out, so I used the codes. I later came back for some more to trade off. The only silly moment was when the self checkout didn't register the weight of the bags *at all* and I had to get an assistant over... to help a grown adolescent buy 24 my little ponies. XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal