collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 3807 times)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 06:21:49 PM »
well that's part of the reason the economy is doing badly people are resorting to stealing which in turn makes prices go up to cover the costs

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »
Tht is the most ridiculous policy I have ever heard in my life.  Not even allowed to WRITE DOWN INFO?  Info you could GIVE to Loss Prevention?  WTF people?  Do you WANT to lose money?

People who think it's okay to steal make me sick.  Who the hell do they think they are?  >:C  What makes a person think that they are so entitled, that they can just take whenever they feel?  People who steal to feed their families, I understand.  Not necessarily condone, but understand.  But just to steal because you see something you want and don't feel like paying for it?  How low and sleazy.

Can you tell that I can't stand when people don't have any morals?  And when they do this in front of or for their kids...well no wonder they grow up thinking it's okay!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 06:31:04 PM »
I've noticed at my local Target that the Star Wars figurines have been "Switched".  My son likes star war toys so I was browing them the other day and seen quite a few taped up but when you look closely...it the wrong figure. I'm assuming someone is buying the new ones, taking it home and opening them and replacing with old toys, then returning for their money!  That's just so wrong :(

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »
I understand wanting to know what you're getting before you buy it - so why not go to eBay, or places where you CAN buy them opened?

You can use the code printed on the outside of the packet to find out whats inside each of them. This site has instructions and numbers:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G4_Blind_Bag_Ponies

Wow, there's still people online who don't know about that list? Radical!

My point was more along the lines of 'many people not in the fandom don't know about the bag-numbering system, but there are still options for them even if they don't.' I mean - okay, it's not your fault if you don't know the blind bag numbers. But you still have options before you go straight to "rip open the bag"!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

biologistkid

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 06:39:45 PM »
I understand wanting to know what you're getting before you buy it - so why not go to eBay, or places where you CAN buy them opened?

You can use the code printed on the outside of the packet to find out whats inside each of them. This site has instructions and numbers:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G4_Blind_Bag_Ponies

My point was more along the lines of 'many people not in the fandom don't know about the bag-numbering system, but there are still options for them even if they don't.' I mean - okay, it's not your fault if you don't know the blind bag numbers. But you still have options before you go straight to "rip open the bag"!

Exactly. Before I learned about the codes, I learned the shape of each body mold within the bag. And, there's a small hole in the upper-right corner of the bag : if you can get the pony up to that corner, and as long as you know her body mold, you can nearly guarantee that you get the correct pony.

The only time that system failed me was when I got sloppy and didn't look at the colour long enough (and ended up with an extra Pinkie Pie instead of Fizzypop).

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 06:45:32 PM »
I've noticed at my local Target that the Star Wars figurines have been "Switched".  My son likes star war toys so I was browing them the other day and seen quite a few taped up but when you look closely...it the wrong figure. I'm assuming someone is buying the new ones, taking it home and opening them and replacing with old toys, then returning for their money!  That's just so wrong :(

Ugh!! I saw a picture someone did that with - they bought a G3.5 Sweetie Belle set (the cooking set, I think?) and they returned her with a G4 pony in the package. >:I SO. SHADY.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

xoVanille

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 06:51:42 PM »
That is ridiculous...I hate when I go to buy blind bags and they're all torn open. Really sucks the fun out of buying them. :/

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:34 PM »
I saw this problem with some Marvel blind bags a few years ago. Empty bags. I was appalled and let the guy working in the toy department know that someone stole them. I haven't come across any stolen MLP blind bags yet, but there were two opened ones last time I went, but the ponies weren't taken. Twilight Sparkle and Sweetie Swirl were just sitting at the bottom of the box :P

And speaking of shady... I decorate cakes and needed a partcular decorating tip. Wal-Mart had a package of four tips plus some other stuff in it and it was the last package. But wouldn't you know, someone opened it up and stole the tip I needed right out of the package! Arg!  :mad:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:00:45 PM by Shenanigans »
My Wish List

starlightcomet

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »

Sorry didn't mean it to sound patronising.  :redface:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:51:19 PM by starlightcomet »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 07:19:32 PM »
My TRU has all blindbagged things up at the cash because of this.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
Most of the walmarts in my area won't even stock the mlp blind bags, and this is no doubt the reason -_-
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »
I haven't seen it with the MLPs yet, but I noticed that all the Strawberry Shortcake blinds were opened.  I actually picked them up to see what the toys looked like because they left the toys there.  Must have been looking for one in particular.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »
Most of the walmarts in my area won't even stock the mlp blind bags, and this is no doubt the reason -_-

See that just Sucks! Some People have to ruin it for everyone :(

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »
Ah, one time I went to this really sleezy walmart, and there was a bag torn open. They left the card too.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 07:40:41 PM »
If it was done neatly then it was done by an older kid or possibly even an adult. I know some parents can be ok with it (I've seen some really awful things), but the majority would not. A good example would be my sister. About a year ago her bf went with her to WalMart and the two of them lifted some things. They told me about it later, and I scolded them harshly. We were not raised that way and to my knowledge my sister had never done something like that. My dad is a lawyer, and he would have been livid and probably turned her in himself if he knew. I think if it's teens or young people they do it just for the fun of it almost like smoking or drinking ect. It's something they shouldn't do, so they automatically want to do it.

I've never understood why an adult would steal. I myself have felt bad for adults that have taken something like food because they are bad off. I couldn't feel sympathy for anyone that stole toys. You just never know I suppose, but I wouldn't say it all has to do with how they were raised.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal