collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 3806 times)

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
Seriously?
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »
I know this has been brought up before, but seriously what kind of parents are allowing/teaching their kids to steal?  >_<
---

We were back at our local Walmart and I was hoping to check the BB box and see if I could find Royal Riff. So as I walk down the isle my little girl spots the box and yells "Horsey!!".

Naturally, the box was empty. No big deal, but as I'm standing there I see a corner of a bag under the big display box, I pick up the box and there under it is 5 empty bags all very neatly opened + 5 cards.

Obviously it was opened by an older kid/teenager (or worse an adult).  I just don't understand how any parent would think this is okay.

My oldest son once lifted a Hot Wheel from a thrift store. I didn't find out till we got home - but I took him all the way back and paid the $0.25. Not that the store would have missed it, but I wanted to make sure my son understood the point of not taking things. Even when I buy stuff at the store or dollar store, I always tell them they can't open  it till it's been paid for. Always.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
Yeah, "neatly opened" = someone with the coordination to not tear it to shreds. It wasn't a child, it was someone older who knows better. It's not likely they were taught to steal, they have simply come to a decision that if they can't fork over the money and they want it, they will find some other way to get it. A bit bizarre they left some cards behind. Maybe that's how they justify it, by leaving what they don't want for the kids to find and pick up. Who knows?

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

starlightcomet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »
Yeah there is a supermarket I have been to a couple of times and it is plagued with this kind of thing. All other places I've been to have been fine though and not seen the same thing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:49:51 PM by starlightcomet »

Rion

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »
People do it all the time, especially with things like this and trading cards. I guess they don't think it's a big deal because they're "not expensive." Lots of kids and teenagers seem to have no morals nowadays- it's pretty sad.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »
Ugh, shady. >:I People can be so awful. I understand wanting to know what you're getting before you buy it - so why not go to eBay, or places where you CAN buy them opened?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 02:51:02 PM »
What irks me even more is when some kid or parent opens up a box there in the aisle just to look at an item and then puts it back on the shelf. Was at Walmart today and saw TONS of this. There should be fines for opening a product without the intention of paying for it.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Watercolors

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
Ugh, yep this happened at my Toys R Us. Two bags were opened, one missing a pony, one with a pony inside. And there was a random pony in the box.
Why do they always leave the card, though? I'm curious

starlightcomet

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »
EDIT: My mistake. Misunderstood regarding IDing blind bags.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:50:57 PM by starlightcomet »

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »
I agree, if they are very neatly opened its gotta be an adult. Disgusting behaviour  :mad:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »
The sadder part is that the kids were probably with them when they did it.. Which means that it's a learned behavior that they'll eventually grow into..  :huh:

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 03:55:59 PM »
I have seen a couple of stores put blind bags of other lines in side the big square security boxes - ridiculous but obviously it was an issue for them.

Its terrible that someone would steal anything let alone a $2 childrens toy. Its also worrying as wide spread behaviour like this is what puts retailers off stocking some items - the profit margin on a product like this balanced against the theft can often result in a retailer deciding its not worth it. For some retailers, it can also upsets stock control so while the store system says they have 10 in stock and does not request more items, it could be that those 10 have been stolen and therefore the system will never show out of stock and replacement stock will not be forth coming.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 04:21:43 PM »
Some people have no shame.  :sneaky:

Gogobinsin

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 04:30:13 PM »
I think it's sick - not just the ponies but any item that's stolen. I could never steal anything, I'd just look at the thing and feel bad every time I looked at it. On topic of the blind bags it's not like they even cost much and I'm sure they weren't just opening them to see which ones they were. If that were the case then there might be some open bags with ponies still in, saying that though they'd probably just take them if they were open...

Terra.Dactyl

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 04:37:31 PM »
The blind bag box at my Walmart has been empty for quite a while except for an opened bag. I actually saw the loose pony lying in the box once a few trips ago but I assume someone else saw that it was opened and just grabbed the pony :huh:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 04:42:25 PM »
This annoys me greatly i work at a grocery store and people do not realize that when you steal we loose money.  I wonder if their attitude is well it wont hut anyone .... yah right!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal