collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The bane of your pony existence?  (Read 8128 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: The bane of your pony existence?
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »
The bane of my pony existence is when my G4s have factory errors right out of the box. The one and only time I ordered from Hasbrotoyshop, my Fluttershy arrived with one eye about a centimeter lower than the other one. I felt kinda bad for her, though, and I didn't have the heart to send her back XD. I just wish QC was better on these ponies. I know they're not really meant to be super nice collector's items, but I'm still shelling out money for them, and I expect a decent product for my dollar, not something messed up. I just hope my :muffin: Pony isn't flawed when she arrives. Taking a chance with HTS again, and I hope this experience is better!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 05:42:52 PM »
I missed :muffin: Pony completely... :P Oh well.

Oh right, I know the Filly line now. I really don't care for them, I keep seeing them on TaoBao and mixed in with other playsets.

Factory errors right-out-of-the-box do annoy me and make me wish I hadn't bothered unpacking the pony. I have some wall-eyed blind bags around here somewhere.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »
I learned something today! I had no idea filly princesses were so popular in Germany. I wouldn't buy any of them, but I might use the playsets for my blind bags since they seem to be the right size.

It's cause the company that makes them (Simba) is a german one. They're famous for knock-offs since... forever. xD
Back when they had their fake 'Sylvanian Families' called 'Bärenwald' ..and well, nowadays their MLP (filly) and MH (forgot the name) rip-offs.

So you could say, germany is like the NEST, the EGG, the WOMB, the MOTHERSHIP of this filly-invasion. And it really truly is one around here.... XD;
Lmao I've been to Germany twice now, but I suppose at the time I wasn't looking for toys so I didn't notice. You totally needs to post pics of the MH fakies!!

Back on topic! Arghghh overpriced ponies at fleas. There is one lady here who is NOTORIOUS. She and her husband have several large bins, they're all FILTHY, covered in blue marker, with matted hair and stains and I mean, just the baitiest of bait. And she's using summer's book to price them. Ummm CONDITION!? That never seems to occur to her! "The book says $8" Yes! For a beautiful minty one!! Not the ghastly thing you have in your hands.  :argh:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
My personal bane is probably those giant Cabbage Patch fakies with the bad, thin hair and the chunky, hippo-like legs. I'm a fakie fan and I do like some of the Cabbage Patch fakies, but something about those giant ones kind of irritates me. I don't really even know why.

I have one of those, and I use it to teach braiding! Strawberry (as mine is named) is huge, with an easy division between her mane just like MLP, so when my sister-in-law whined at me until I did her horses for horse shows (as well as my own, boy did I get cranky) I decided enough was enough. "Girl, take this massive hippo-esque pony and learn to braid!" She's a fab educator - SIL still can't braid to save herself on real horses, but Strawberry looks great and at least she gets the concept now....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2012, 05:59:37 PM »
Not the ghastly thing you have in your hands.  :argh:

I will remember and say this in my mind every time now.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2012, 06:16:27 PM »
The Leap Frog Electronic thing with the motion sensor that makes it go off whenever I walk into the pony aisle at Target! Every time, it makes me jump out of my skin. I've taken to trying to creep as close to the other side as possible, but in the midst my pony-purchasing deliberation I will inevitable pace or back up into the sensor's range and it will go off with that annoying "bblling!" with sounds of children laughing, mocking me! :lookround:

OMG that thing scares me! BBLLING!!!!! (children laughing). Why do they have to put that right accross from the ponies!?!?!
I HATE THAT!! And the pinkies x_X My one Walmart has a whole end cap of them and they all get set off at once and im like ahhh run.

I hate both of these things!  Why must so many toys talk so loudly?
arg i know what you mean!!!!!!! every time pinkie goes off i say shut up pinkie!!!!!!!!!!! she annoys me so much and lets everyone knoe im looking at ponies when i first started collecting i despised pinkie on the show and the first time she went off i yelled shut up pinkie!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »
Not the ghastly thing you have in your hands.  :argh:

I will remember and say this in my mind every time now.

I'll probably actually say it.. or if I tell hubby, he'd definitely say it!! God I hate those market stalls like that. Not to mention when they've got the pony with the wrong playset, and refuse to separate.. I've got that whole thing I bought brand new at home you horrid person, now give me what I want! =P

I'm going to get all of Summer's books with my tax refund... I've always wanted them, but spent my money on actual ponies.. as hubby is getting a little testy on ponies of late, I'll buy pony books instead. He's gonna flip when my next two shipments arrive, LOL!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2012, 06:26:09 PM »
There is always someone selling a G3 rainbow? castle playset but with the wrong ponies and I just want the pony.......>.>

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
My personal bane is probably those giant Cabbage Patch fakies with the bad, thin hair and the chunky, hippo-like legs. I'm a fakie fan and I do like some of the Cabbage Patch fakies, but something about those giant ones kind of irritates me. I don't really even know why.

I have one of those, and I use it to teach braiding! Strawberry (as mine is named) is huge, with an easy division between her mane just like MLP, so when my sister-in-law whined at me until I did her horses for horse shows (as well as my own, boy did I get cranky) I decided enough was enough. "Girl, take this massive hippo-esque pony and learn to braid!" She's a fab educator - SIL still can't braid to save herself on real horses, but Strawberry looks great and at least she gets the concept now....

Aaaaah that is such a cute story!

I actually do have two of them. One was purple with a yellow and green flower, but I thought it was kind of ugly so I customized it. The other one is pink with more flower symbols and has glass eyes, realistic eyelashes, and horrid hair. I never really cared for it much until I got an Ice Cream Doll and decided to sit her in the saddle.

I still pass them up in thrift stores though. ><

Also, I have to agree about the motion baby Pinkie Pie thing. Yesterday I met an Arena member who lives in my home town in the pony aisle (if you're reading this... hi! :wave:) and I commented that the only thing those are good for is telling you where the pony aisle even is. "Hmm, I wish I could find where they are keeping the ponies at this store..." "I can waaaalk!" "Oh. There they are."

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2012, 06:33:25 PM »
I commented that the only thing those are good for is telling you where the pony aisle even is. "Hmm, I wish I could find where they are keeping the ponies at this store..." "I can waaaalk!" "Oh. There they are."

I LOL'ed! :drunk:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39:29 PM »

This! My mom came home with one for me, and it is just . . . I mean . . . no words . . . ack! It's tiny little pig eyes are just sad and it looks like she's wearing sweat pants. I think I could deal with her much better if it weren't for those legs! She looks like she needs an emergency trip to the vet.

And the leap frog thing terrifies me. When I was in target today with my daughter, it terrified her too. There was something else on the aisle too that made scary noise, but at that point I'd seen they didn't have what I was looking for and just ran, so I don't know what it was.

I can say that noisy toys are grandparents' revenge. At least that's the only logical reason I can come up for them to exist. :biggrin:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »
my bane.. is fakies. LOTS AND LOTS of fakies!  and its so funny cuase  my mom will go with me seomteism to the fleamarkets it snormslly just me and my dad and  were digigng threw these bins and she pulls one out i look over. "fakie... fakie..fakie.. fakie" and when it isnt a fakie.. its a mcsomething or other.." sigh

i  get all escite di see a hoof or a brightly colored hair..and its a fake.  and i'm  like. grr *bang head on wall*

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
One time this lady had a show stable that looked like she'd dug it out of the ground it was so dirty, with Tap Dancer inside. All I wanted was the pony, but she wanted $7 for her if I wouldn't buy the stable too and she was so dirty that I just had to say no  >_<

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »
Bad bane:
 Ebay: "Rare! HTF!" ....

Me (growling at screen and picture of, say, G3 Rainbow Dash... "Not!!"

Worse bane:

Ebay or craiglist "LOOK! Great Deal on a huge lot of My Little Ponies!"
Mer (squinting at screen full of fakies and maybe one MLP McD pony) "Where?"

And worst bane of all... the overpricing on some ponies, particularly the "favored by Bronies" (no offense, Bro's... I love every Brony I've met!) ponies,  that are honestly not rare, are not even a year old, some of them, but are a little harder to find. (Fashion Style AJ anyone? Thank God we have her. Two, in fact! HA! Do we need to put them  in a safe deposit box yet? Should we take out insurance on them? geez.)(and then there's the old gray bubble butt mare thing... let's not go *there* lol) I just feel as though some people are taking advantage and making a living from the resale of ponies that should still be sold for retail price plus a little to cover costs (sales tax, shipping, travel? etc) and a bit for the effort taken in making it available. I guess I just have a "community" mindset and it irks me that non-pony people have decided to cash in on the FiM mania. It seems like greed to me, as opposed to finding a vintage Mimic in a Thrift store (dream on), cleaning her up and then selling her for a fair collector's price to another collector who wants her.

Some pony please kick the soapbox out from under me LOL!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
moonstars there will unferntly always be scalers adn people who resale for  high prices becuase there are people out there  who will buy at that price.  if people diidnt pay the high prices maybe they would drop. but i agree.. it ameks it worse for the rest of us when the sclapers and the people who are just in it for the money  get them all. adn then think  that  just becuae they hae someting  its ridiculusly valuble and put a high price on it.

i can see that for soem of the rarer  ponys that are g1  adn the nirvana ones.. but not the g4s there nor  "rare"  there just not sold inc ertian areas.   

and yes i think if  you stick  the rare tag on a g4 pinke or a rd thats..  a little irrataing. they put the rare tag otu there so more people will buy.

also persnaly.. i hate the ones who say 
make offer,  becuase you can  make what you think is a  good eresnable offer... becuase its  aused item and here they are wanting full retial new price for it..   so most of hte time  you end up insulting them.. becuase  there like  your giving me  a lowball price!  how you valu something soemone else may vaule it diffneretly.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:24:40 PM by Lorelei Redfern »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal