collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The bane of your pony existence?  (Read 7999 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: The bane of your pony existence?
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 04:44:51 PM »
Sure, I'm glad to help when I can! :>
You need to send me really good pics tho, since I have NO IDEA about fillies at ALL. They look the same to me.. just that some have wings.. and some.. have crowns. XD

BTW do you guys know we have giant plush of them in germany as well? xD

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »
BTW do you guys know we have giant plush of them in germany as well? xD

WHAT?! That just blew my mind. I would like to see a picture someday! I should save monies and travel again so I can see such wonders among other fabulous things   

:tumble:

PS: I have a purple lady lori and purple spotted countess Magica if anyone wants a letter!

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 04:51:28 PM »
The Leap Frog Electronic thing with the motion sensor that makes it go off whenever I walk into the pony aisle at Target! Every time, it makes me jump out of my skin. I've taken to trying to creep as close to the other side as possible, but in the midst my pony-purchasing deliberation I will inevitable pace or back up into the sensor's range and it will go off with that annoying "bblling!" with sounds of children laughing, mocking me! :lookround:

OMG that thing scares me! BBLLING!!!!! (children laughing). Why do they have to put that right accross from the ponies!?!?!
I HATE THAT!! And the pinkies x_X My one Walmart has a whole end cap of them and they all get set off at once and im like ahhh run away!!

I learned something today! I had no idea filly princesses were so popular in Germany. I wouldn't buy any of them, but I might use the playsets for my blind bags since they seem to be the right size.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »
My worst nightmare. Those things....  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
I just squealed. Oh my god I need one of those! The pink/white one is soooo similar to Sundance! :D

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 05:01:33 PM »
I learned something today! I had no idea filly princesses were so popular in Germany. I wouldn't buy any of them, but I might use the playsets for my blind bags since they seem to be the right size.

It's cause the company that makes them (Simba) is a german one. They're famous for knock-offs since... forever. xD
Back when they had their fake 'Sylvanian Families' called 'Bärenwald' ..and well, nowadays their MLP (filly) and MH (forgot the name) rip-offs.

So you could say, germany is like the NEST, the EGG, the WOMB, the MOTHERSHIP of this filly-invasion. And it really truly is one around here.... XD;

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
My worst nightmare. Those things....  ;)

I'm not gonna lie, I really like this white plush! I really hope we see some in the US, I have a crazy love for plushes!!

Back to the topic of BANE

There is this one thrift store that I hope to find something wonderful in, since I found a small ponyville playset for my niece, has a growing MOUND of toys that are never sorted just thrown.

I always pull out a fake shining armor/blue denim? looking guy and lose it! He's the closest thing and yet every other week ONLY pony-ish item there! I also found FS G4 Fluttershy's dress there and even with smoke....no fire. :yikes:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »
My pony bane is people who sell used ponies for ridiculous prices..!

I'm going to the markets tomorrow, and no doubt, I'll run across dozens of g3s. I love g3's and will get all excited, and then will ask the price. They usually run at about $3-4, and I'm happy to pay that for one that is nice, or will clean up nicely, considering that with shipping, I usually have to pay about $5 each from here or the tp, or even evilbay for a nice, run-of-the-mill g3 from overseas. But some of the stinky, grubby, downright vandalised ponies for $4-$7... is criminal! Why not put 50c or $1 on them, and have me buy them by the dozen and go to a good home?! Especially when the right person could bring them up decently with a rehair or as a custom...

I had some ponies arrive yesterday from evilbay... urgh. Horrid little grubby, drawn on things, none of which you could see in the pic, and they were described as no major marks. grr. paid a good price for decent ponies, but these three are far from decent! so annoyed. Not as described... just as bad as inflated pricing!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 05:10:39 PM »
Meep! Those Filly plush!  :shocked:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 05:10:59 PM »
I like Filly! :frolic: Casually though. I only have three of them, but they are quite cute! I knew they were Euro based, but had no idea they were Simba.

My personal bane is probably those giant Cabbage Patch fakies with the bad, thin hair and the chunky, hippo-like legs. I'm a fakie fan and I do like some of the Cabbage Patch fakies, but something about those giant ones kind of irritates me. I don't really even know why.

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »

some of the stinky, grubby, downright vandalised ponies for $4-$7... is criminal!

One lady at the flea market here has ponies sometimes and I grabbed a bunch and she was asking $2 each for some pretty ratty G3s. That's not HORRIBLE but I decided on Scoot because she looked lovely. Just down the aisle I grabbed a g3 big Fashion Style Rainbow Dash for a dollar in pretty great condition minus some scratches.

Competition can be rough! But when I have options, I get picky!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 05:21:43 PM »

I'm going to the markets tomorrow, and no doubt, I'll run across dozens of g3s. I love g3's and will get all excited, and then will ask the price. They usually run at about $3-4, and I'm happy to pay that for one that is nice, or will clean up nicely, considering that with shipping, I usually have to pay about $5 each from here or the tp, or even evilbay for a nice, run-of-the-mill g3 from overseas. But some of the stinky, grubby, downright vandalised ponies for $4-$7... is criminal! Why not put 50c or $1 on them, and have me buy them by the dozen and go to a good home?! Especially when the right person could bring them up decently with a rehair or as a custom...

I had some ponies arrive yesterday from evilbay... urgh. Horrid little grubby, drawn on things, none of which you could see in the pic, and they were described as no major marks. grr. paid a good price for decent ponies, but these three are far from decent! so annoyed. Not as described... just as bad as inflated pricing!

I love my market guy 'cause I get great G3s at about $.75 a pony. However, I'd been eyeballing the Hero/Villain SDCC pony in one stall, but had to pass on it the first time around. It was marked at $50. Went back, she was still there. Hubbs offered $40 for her and it was agreed upon if we bought some other items. As hubbs is choosing stuff for himself the guy says, "I just sold it on eBay for $55. Sorry." Why did you mark it for $50 at the market and $55 on eBay? Whoever bought her got ripped off and they don't even know it. Hubbs walked away FURIOUS. Left a hold handful of stuff he had grabbed for himself behind. We'll never go into that guy's stall again.

I had the same eBay problem as well. Bought 3 ponies from a seller that were listed as "minty condition". Got them and they were filthy, had paint on them and one of them had the entire middle of her heart hoofmark rubbed off. Paid about $10/pony after shipping and they were G3s!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 05:31:20 PM »
The Leap Frog Electronic thing with the motion sensor that makes it go off whenever I walk into the pony aisle at Target! Every time, it makes me jump out of my skin. I've taken to trying to creep as close to the other side as possible, but in the midst my pony-purchasing deliberation I will inevitable pace or back up into the sensor's range and it will go off with that annoying "bblling!" with sounds of children laughing, mocking me! :lookround:

OMG that thing scares me! BBLLING!!!!! (children laughing). Why do they have to put that right accross from the ponies!?!?!
I HATE THAT!! And the pinkies x_X My one Walmart has a whole end cap of them and they all get set off at once and im like ahhh run.

I hate both of these things!  Why must so many toys talk so loudly?
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

Before that, it was Pinkie Pie Learns to Walk. Not only am I little disturbed by human-baby ponies, but I generally don't like loud toys that call attention in my general direction, I'm really shy and it embarrasses me when Pinkie Loudington is shouting "LOOK, I CAN WALK!". Whimper!  :blush:

Hehe, oh those Filly Princess toys... I can't help but feel MLP has conditioned me to see them all as boy ponies!

SO MUCH THIS.

It's even worse considering I'm a teenage male... as soon as I walk in all that stuff starts going off, and of course everyone nearby looks.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 05:32:50 PM »

Before that, it was Pinkie Pie Learns to Walk. Not only am I little disturbed by human-baby ponies, but I generally don't like loud toys that call attention in my general direction, I'm really shy and it embarrasses me when Pinkie Loudington is shouting "LOOK, I CAN WALK!". Whimper!  :blush:

Both of these! And now my WalMart has an endcap with dolls that make a kissing sound and then giggle. Why?! Stop announcing that there is a grown woman playing in the toy isle.  :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal