collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Noooo I don't want to start collecting something else! ;~;  (Read 2463 times)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Noooo I don't want to start collecting something else! ;~;
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:46:41 AM »
Well, for the most part MLPs have been my one and only collection, unless you want to count a few smaller, unintentional ones. lol I'm not sure if anyone here knows of it, but I grew up with a show called Hamtaro which originated in Japan and made it's way to the US. You can easily say I was obsessed and I still own the little playsets I had, as well as the games and a couple plushes. Well, I just found myself on eBay...looking at Hamtaro figures and dangerously close to buying and bidding. Why??? Whyyyyy?!  :cry: I love, love, love Hamtaro and just thinking of owning more figures and playsets makes me giddy. BUT, I have no room for them! I barely have room for a small portion of my pony collection. Not to mention the money, OH the money! :cry:

Please talk me off this cliff! D;
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Noooo I don't want to start collecting something else! ;~;
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:51:55 AM »
I told hubbs when I got the DS Elinor and Merida dolls that MLP is a gateway drug. These forums are a bad influence.  :lol:

While I collected Pokémon I only collected Pokémon and never even considered any other collections. Now I'm collecting MLP and Disney and I'm sure I'll find other things as well. Collecting is an addiction all on its own. Ha ha! You know, you could always get one or two little Hamtaro things at a time. I have a few Hello Kitty things myself, but I don't collect seriously. I just pick up little knicks and knacks when I happen upon something that isn't too expensive and that I think I could find space for. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
Good lord. Hamtaro. Don't get me started about Hamtaro. I was there before I got into Strawberry Shortcake.

Memories... Stanman Incident... Must not remember...

If it helps tho, Bijou is reincarnated into Diamond Tiara. Thinking about that may help you hate Hamtaro. Or hate FIM. Or hate both. Or hate none. YMMV.

Personally, thinking about it just makes me extremely bitter and depressed. Bijou was a crush, and the reason, again, traces it's roots to Madeline. Said Stanman Incident... well, long story short, upset me, then I moved on to Strawberry Shortcake

And photo to prove it:

Man, I was more naive back in '05. And no, I have no clear idea of where all my Hamtaro stuff went either.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:43:05 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »
HAMTARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovey:  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
Ahhhhhhhh!!! You guys talking me towards JUMPING not AWAY!! Hahaha  :silly: :silly:

Yurusumaji: It truly is! It's awful! lol  :silly: I will have to try that only getting a few things at a time :3 Luckily most of the stuff actually isn't too expensive on eBay :3 Not as much as I originally thought anyway. lol x'D

RAMChYLD: Oh. My. Gosh *3* I will GLADLY take those plushies off your hands if you don't want them/still have them! xDDD And I never really liked Bijou. She was my least favorite x3 Ahhh you even have Jingle! Waaaaaaant *3* That picture made it worse! lol x'D

kaoskat: I couldn't have said it better myself! lol :lovey: :lovey:

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »
Buy yourself a Hamster cage and only collect enough Hamtaro stuff to fill it? I have collected hundreds of things since I was tiny, some collections have gone to be replaced by a million others. There is no hope for me. No room in our house either! I tell myself I am rescuing and researching toys for future generations...

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »
RAMChYLD: Oh. My. Gosh *3* I will GLADLY take those plushies off your hands if you don't want them/still have them! xDDD And I never really liked Bijou. She was my least favorite x3 Ahhh you even have Jingle! Waaaaaaant *3* That picture made it worse! lol x'D
Sorry   :P

And well, I'm pretty sure I still have them. Just can't remember where I put them. Could be in Long Term Storage at my grandparents' place, could be at the very back of one of my cupboards. Not sure. And well, I'm a packrat. Don't have the heart to part with them  >_<

Forget my earlier sentence about picturing a Hamtaro-Bon-Bon hybrid. I managed to even gross myself out XD

Buy yourself a Hamster cage and only collect enough Hamtaro stuff to fill it? I have collected hundreds of things since I was tiny, some collections have gone to be replaced by a million others. There is no hope for me. No room in our house either! I tell myself I am rescuing and researching toys for future generations...
Good suggestion! I'd highly recommend it!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:56:23 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »
I tell myself I am rescuing and researching toys for future generations...

I love it!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:33 AM »

I love that idea! Although I might just have to settle for a plastic bin. lol x'D I am doing some major cleaning out of my stuff so that means maybe I'll have more storage. lol And I love the rescusing toys for future generations! Brilliant! I'll have to start telling people that  :P

RAMchYLD: Well if you ever find them and decide to sell them you know who to go to! :D I would LOVE to have them! :heart:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 11:02:09 AM »
Oh I remember Hamtaro! I used to watch the show but there was a game that I played as a emulator on the computer XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
Oh I remember Hamtaro! I used to watch the show but there was a game that I played as a emulator on the computer XD

:0 I want to play it on the computer! Do you remember which one it was? I want to play them but I can't because I not longer have a Gameboy Color and my DS that could play Advance games broke :<

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »

:0 I want to play it on the computer! Do you remember which one it was? I want to play them but I can't because I not longer have a Gameboy Color and my DS that could play Advance games broke :<
Sadly I don't remember. You needed the game system emulator and the rom of the game... I think it was a GBA game though... and if I look to see if spriter's resource has the sprites of it, I could tell you

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 11:33:56 AM »
Hmmm, Well, You want only US titles, or US and Japanese? :P

GBC Games:
- Tottoko Hamutaro - Tomodachi Daisakusen Dechu (Japanese only title)
- Tottoko Hamutaro 2 - Hamuchanzu Daishuugou Dechu (AKA Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite)

GBA Games:
- Tottoko Hamutaro 3 - Love Love Daibouken Dechu (AKA Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak)
- Tottoko Hamutaro 4 - Nijiiro Daikoushin Dechu (AKA Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue (UK/Europe Only, no US Release))
- Tottoko Hamutaro/Hamtaro - Ham-Ham Games

DS Games:
- Tottoko Hamutaro - Nazo Nazo Q (Japanese only title)
- Tottoko Hamtaro Ham Ham Challenge Atsumare Hai (AKA Hi! Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Challenge)

PC:
- Hamtaro: Wake Up, Snoozer!

I only own Hi! Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Challenge and Tottoko Hamutaro - Tomodachi Daisakusen Dechu tho. The latter of which I have no freaking idea of how to play :P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:40:31 AM by RAMChYLD »

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »
sd_dreamcrystal: Ah, I gotchya :) Maybe one of my brother's friends would know how to do it. I'm not exactly savvy when it comes to that kind of stuff. Haha :P

RAMchYLD: Well, considering I can't read Japanese it'd have to be the ones released in English! lol x'D I reeeaally want play Rainbow Rescue since I don't have it since it wasn't released in the US. Although if I could play Ham-Hams Unite, Ham-Ham Heartbreak , and Ham-Ham Games I would be so happy you have no idea! lol I could play them all day :P
And I totally bought Hi! Hamtaro when I saw it in Gamestop a while back, not realizing it was a game for 3 year olds. Haha xD I was so disappointed!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:44:15 AM by MonstarNomNom »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 11:42:09 AM »
Hmmm, Well, You want only US titles, or US and Japanese? :P

GBC Games:
- Tottoko Hamutaro - Tomodachi Daisakusen Dechu (Japanese only title)
- Tottoko Hamutaro 2 - Hamuchanzu Daishuugou Dechu (AKA Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite)

GBA Games:
- Tottoko Hamutaro 3 - Love Love Daibouken Dechu (AKA Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak)
- Tottoko Hamutaro 4 - Nijiiro Daikoushin Dechu (AKA Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue (UK/Europe Only, no US Release))
- Tottoko Hamutaro/Hamtaro - Ham-Ham Games

DS Games:
- Tottoko Hamutaro - Nazo Nazo Q (Japanese only title)
- Tottoko Hamtaro Ham Ham Challenge Atsumare Hai (AKA Hi! Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Challenge)

PC:
- Hamtaro: Wake Up, Snoozer!

I only own Hi! Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Challenge and Tottoko Hamutaro - Tomodachi Daisakusen Dechu tho. The latter of which I have no freaking idea of how to play :P
Ham-Ham Heartbreak was the one I played as a Rom I think XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal