collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Noooo I don't want to start collecting something else! ;~;  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Noooo I don't want to start collecting something else! ;~;
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »
RAMChYLD: whoa, I didn't know she's this special. I found her about 6 years ago at a local shop that sells second hand clothes imported from the UK, and they occasionally have toys and plushies too.
That sounds pretty cool, I wish we had something that sold second hand clothing/items from another country here too!

Although that does remind me that I once picked up a Japanese Hamtaro plush from a car boot/garage sale. He was holding a doughnut in his hands. Oh, and the Japanese McDonald toys that I found of Hamtaro and Bijou in a UK amusement arcade - Most of them had their tush tags cut off though XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
I used to love Hamtaro when I was younger! I had just about all the hamsters and several playsets, and I also had the Gameboy game!

Jingle and Bijou were my favorites back then :)
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
melodys_angel: Yes, that is very true :) However Hamtaro is just so addicting. lol

And I am totally playing Rainbow Rescue now! Woo! ;D My brother's friend helped me download an emulator and such :)
Yay! :)

Now get him to grab the rest of the games for you :D

---

It's too bad no one's ever attempted to emulate a Sega Pico or Advanced Pico Beena. Word has it that there's at least 4 Hamtaro games for it. Then again, they're all in Japanese :P While the Sega Pico died an early death in the 90s over in the US, it went on strong in Japan and spun off a successor, and games for it are actually still being produced!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:19:30 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 04:23:05 AM »
melodys_angel: Yes, that is very true :) However Hamtaro is just so addicting. lol

And I am totally playing Rainbow Rescue now! Woo! ;D My brother's friend helped me download an emulator and such :)
Yay! :)

Now get him to grab the rest of the games for you :D

---

It's too bad no one's ever attempted to emulate a Sega Pico or Advanced Pico Beena. Word has it that there's at least 4 Hamtaro games for it. Then again, they're all in Japanese :P While the Sega Pico died an early death in the 90s over in the US, it went on strong in Japan and spun off a successor, and games for it are actually still being produced!
Actually, there is a Pico emulator with working games, it's just very difficult to find games for it as most people tend not to share the dump, and other roms are hidden in obscure forums. It's a shame, I thought the Pico was a great learning tool for kids (much better than what the UK kept bringing out in replacement...).

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »
Oh wow, that is an awesome story! ;D I really wish it had been released in the US :[ I would have bought it in a heartbeat! It's so expensive everywhere. lol x'[ And aren't you the sweetest ever for offering to do that! :D I would love it if you could! :heart: I'm going to see if my brothers or one of their friends can get the ROM and all that jazz on my computer so I can play it ;D I don't trust myself to try and dabble with it. Haha If you find anything definitely let me know! :D You're da bomb! :heart: ^^
oh, you're welcome, it's no problem :) I set up a search for "hamtaro" on the auction site so I'll get an e-mail if something gets listed with this word included in either the title or the description, but I'll also check it from time to time. let's hope the game turns up somewhere :)
yesterday I've been to a second hand toy shop and I've seen McD Hamtaro plushies we used to have in our McDonalds restaurants here (ones like these:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQu9fCtykeyvYSgCytHLCg7kZCv1fKlSWKp1hPj32otuG78zSeIyKWWSED
http://file1.npage.de/004749/49/bilder/simg0002.jpg
the set consisted of these four). these are ones I come across really frequently (yesterday there were 3 Bijous and a Boss in just that one shop :blink: ), they are pretty common here, so they aren't expensive at all (usually around 50 cents each, or even less if you're lucky). however, I don't know where else they were available, so I didn't buy them. if you are interested I can hunt a set down for you, but I'll keep on looking for other things as well.

I'm glad you could get the eumlator to work, and I hope you enjoy the game! it's much fun ^^

RAMChYLD: whoa, I didn't know she's this special. I found her about 6 years ago at a local shop that sells second hand clothes imported from the UK, and they occasionally have toys and plushies too.
That sounds pretty cool, I wish we had something that sold second hand clothing/items from another country here too!

Although that does remind me that I once picked up a Japanese Hamtaro plush from a car boot/garage sale. He was holding a doughnut in his hands. Oh, and the Japanese McDonald toys that I found of Hamtaro and Bijou in a UK amusement arcade - Most of them had their tush tags cut off though XD
oh, here second hand cloth stores seem to have become the new fasion, this year some shops like these even entered the malls! :shocked: even though I love these shops (mainly for why you are also interested: I can get many things in them I couldn't normally find in our country, or if I could, that would be a rare occasion. for instance, I collect Tamagotchis, but they failed here in the late 1990s, so the new Connection ones weren't even introduced to our markets, so I never had the opportunity to get them in the local shops. but they were available in the UK, so I sometimes find one in shops that sell things coming from there) I found this a bit strange.
there are 2 main types of these stores here: one that sells the stuff with concrete prices on them and one that sells per weight. I like the latter more, because this way you can get things for really cheap prices (well, clothes at least, they usually don't weigh much. and plushies that aren't too heavy), but you have to search for shops where you can get things worth the price, because many of these weight-shops sell clothes that are much worse quality. those that sell things for individual prices are usually better quality, but many times their prices are just too much. I usually visit these shops to look for non-cloth items (toys for instance), those are usually cheaper (and - luckily - are most of the times priced per how big the toy is, and not by what it's worth). I got my very first boy pony in such a store for around $1,5, and also my GBA SP (for the same price, because it's small! :accomplished: ). but since there are so many of them right now it's becoming more and more difficult to know which one's worth visiting.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:29:04 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal