collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Noooo I don't want to start collecting something else! ;~;  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Noooo I don't want to start collecting something else! ;~;
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 12:14:46 PM »
Ah, I love Hamtaro. I don't collect, but I do have some bits and bobs from went they when on sale at 50p/$1 for a 6" plushie. Oh, and a US VHS (seeing as England never released it on VHS/DVD as far as I know...).

Hmmm, Well, You want only US titles, or US and Japanese? :P

GBA Games:
- Tottoko Hamutaro 3 - Love Love Daibouken Dechu (AKA Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak)
- Tottoko Hamutaro/Hamtaro - Ham-Ham Games
I have both of these games, and oh man did I love Ham-Ham Heartbreak. Honestly, it's one of my favorite games on the GBA! A shame that, like most games, the more recent Hamtaro games are incredibly simple and not as fun (IMHO).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »
damn me... I came here to help, and then I saw the subject... :hmm:
awww, I LOVE HAMTARO! (and so I am so not a lotta' help :huh: )
however, thankfully I don't collect it. somehow they don't seem that tempting collectionwise. I have all the GameBoy games (well, all the Europeans, and I love them all, they were much fun to figure out), the McD plushies, and some surprise egg figures and plushies I occasionally found at thrift stores, but I don't buy all of them, I'm capable of leaving a plushie behind if I already have a similar one, or if I don't like it that much (now that's what I can't do with some other things I say I collect, I must own all I find XD -.-; ). well, I must admit they aren't that easy to tome across here, so they couldn't drain my wallet, but then again, I never tried to check them on eBay and bid on them.

RAMChYLD: I have that big Bijou plushie too! love it  :lovey:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 12:37:14 PM »
Sora: Yeah I only have Hamtaro and Bijou plushes. I want mooore D:

Loona: It's perfectly okay! Everyone else seems be for me giving into my temptation! lol :P Ooo do you have Rainbow Rescue? I want to play that one so badly! :3 If you find any of the other characters besides Hamtaro and Bijou I would gladly buy them from you! :heart: I could never leave anything Hamtaro behind, especially at a thrift store! Haha :silly: I just love the playsets. They're so adorable! And I'm not normally a big playset person x3
I want a big Bijou plushiiie ;~;
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:40:59 PM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »
*goes and pulls out Hamtaro coloring book and wonders where her Hamtaro DVD is* Now look what you've done!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 04:02:38 PM »
I get tempted with stuff, too.  The best thing it to just take a break, take a step back, and forget about it for a while.  The sudden "OMG I WANNA COLLECT NOW" urge often lessens a great deal.  It's like a food craving.  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 07:11:54 PM »
I reeeaally want play Rainbow Rescue since I don't have it since it wasn't released in the US. Although if I could play Ham-Hams Unite, Ham-Ham Heartbreak , and Ham-Ham Games I would be so happy you have no idea! lol I could play them all day :P
And I totally bought Hi! Hamtaro when I saw it in Gamestop a while back, not realizing it was a game for 3 year olds. Haha xD I was so disappointed!
Well, I can only say: google :P The correct name of the game plus the word "rom" in it can land you a copy of the game. Though, I'd note that Nintendo claims that roms are illegal and is a form of piracy. Nevermind that the game hasn't been published for years now...

Amazon seems to have some old copies of the games in stock tho. But as usual, they're not cheap :/

Maybe the best thing to do is to gather a group of Hamtaro fans and have them pester Nintendo to release these onto the 3DS Virtual Console store. If you do plan such a move, let me know. I'm willing to join in and write to Nintendo as well.

And I totally bought Hi! Hamtaro when I saw it in Gamestop a while back, not realizing it was a game for 3 year olds. Haha xD I was so disappointed!
Well, it did impress me in that it did one thing other games I had didn't do- it could power off the DS by itself when you quit the game. I had no idea the DS allows games to tell it to shut off.

RAMChYLD: I have that big Bijou plushie too! love it  :lovey:
If I recall correctly, that big plushie was an Epoch toy plushie- one of the real Japanese market ones. Malaysia received all the Japanese market stuff where Hamtaro is concerned. None of the plushies here came from Hasbro iirc. All of them were Epoch toys ones.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:16:51 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »
I forgot this even existed!  They're cute little things, aren't they?  :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »
Kaoskat: I would totally join you! xD Itnwas totally unintentional I swear! :P

Hyenacub: Thanks for the suggestion! :3 I'll have to try that. I'll just sit and stare at my ponies for a while and think about the fair xD

RAMchYLD: Why does it have to be expensive ;( I just miss the depth the previous Hamtaro games had rather than just a bunch of mini games x3 They were, and still are, so much fun to play! :)

Eviecorn: Oh my gosh yes! I can't ever get enough ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:11:17 AM by MonstarNomNom »

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 07:56:32 PM »
Eviecorn: Oh my gosh yes! I can't ever get enough ;D
Heh, they're really, really cute.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 10:40:20 AM »
Loona: It's perfectly okay! Everyone else seems be for me giving into my temptation! lol :P Ooo do you have Rainbow Rescue? I want to play that one so badly! :3 If you find any of the other characters besides Hamtaro and Bijou I would gladly buy them from you! :heart: I could never leave anything Hamtaro behind, especially at a thrift store! Haha :silly: I just love the playsets. They're so adorable! And I'm not normally a big playset person x3
I want a big Bijou plushiiie ;~;
yeah, I do, and I love it! however, I never played it until the very end :blush: it has that funny ending, where you have to do things after the ending credits too, and I just didn't manage to to that :S oh well, someday...
I had an awful lot of luck with the Hamtaro games for GBA. I bought them all used, way after they were sold in shops (didn't have a GameBoy back then), and I bought them from the same person. a boy (aged not much more than around 14) was selling stuff at a local auction site, and he also sold Ham-Ham Heartbreak. by that time I already went through Ham-Hams Unite, so I wanted to get the Advance games too, and this one wasn't even expensive, had its box n' stuff too, but I didn't want to BIN it (nor wait until the end, here an auction can be up to 3 weeks long...). I asked the seller if I can get the game for the starting price, and he answered he doesn't know just now, because that game's his little sister's, and he has to ask. the little sister said yes, and I got the game for ~6-7 dollars ^^ upon meeting the boy (he offered local pickup too) I asked if his sister has some other games for sale, for instance other Hamtaro games, and he told me he'll ask. in a week I got an e-mail, telling me she does have the other 2 games too, and, as she wants to buy something else and is putting money away for that she'll gladly sell those too, for the same price. that's how I caught 'em all  :whoa:
it's too bad it isn't released in the US, I don't know why, it doesn't make sense to me at all... I just did a quick search and saw it's not on eBay either (or well, it is, but for that price no wonder it's still there), so for now I can only say what RAMChYLD has already said: let's try it out as a ram. if you want me to, I may keep an eye on it for you (as I live in Europe the possibility of me seeing it might be a bit higher, and I occasionally search for Hamtaro on our local auction site anyways, so it wouldn't be much of a bother), and I'll contact you if I spot the game somewhere.
and yeah, if you want me to, I can do the same with plushies too ^^ but I'd like to mention that postal costs might be pricey to the US (and with a big plushie it's worse than a single GameBoy game). but if you're interested let's contact me and we'll see what exactly the costs are and so for what prices I might peep things.
(awww, here I am again, dragging you into temptation :hmm: )

RAMChYLD: whoa, I didn't know she's this special. I found her about 6 years ago at a local shop that sells second hand clothes imported from the UK, and they occasionally have toys and plushies too.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:43:35 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 11:11:48 AM »
Oh wow, that is an awesome story! ;D I really wish it had been released in the US :[ I would have bought it in a heartbeat! It's so expensive everywhere. lol x'[ And aren't you the sweetest ever for offering to do that! :D I would love it if you could! :heart: I'm going to see if my brothers or one of their friends can get the ROM and all that jazz on my computer so I can play it ;D I don't trust myself to try and dabble with it. Haha If you find anything definitely let me know! :D You're da bomb! :heart: ^^

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Aww!

Well, just because you like something doesnt mean you have to collect everything from it :)  If its just 1 or 2 little figures it should be ok.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 04:21:16 PM »
I was never really a fan of hamtaro but I have like a million pokemon figures  :blink:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »
I was never really a fan of hamtaro but I have like a million pokemon figures  :blink:
It's okay, everyone has their own tastes. I'm okay with Pokemon (I own Pokemon Red for the original GB which I played on my GameBoy Color, which I eventually gave to my cousin when it became clear that I had no one in Malaysia to trade with at that time- Pokemon only caught on here by the time the Advanced generation came out), but I can't get into the rest of the franchise.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 09:53:19 AM »
melodys_angel: Yes, that is very true :) However Hamtaro is just so addicting. lol

And I am totally playing Rainbow Rescue now! Woo! ;D My brother's friend helped me download an emulator and such :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal