collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35452 times)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »
Do you think the new deluxe fashion Abbey and Frankie sets are a "now or never" thing, or do you think I'll still be able to get them at a reasonable price in a few months?

They might be available in a few months, but I'm not taking my chances with anything MH anymore.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »
They might be available in a few months, but I'm not taking my chances with anything MH anymore.
Hmm. It's just that I really want them, but I also promised my wife that I wouldn't buy anything more until September, which is when she goes back to work. Hmm.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »
Hmm. It's just that I really want them, but I also promised my wife that I wouldn't buy anything more until September, which is when she goes back to work. Hmm.
It's sooo hard to judge with these. Like I bought my Spectra and Wave two Frankie for more than retail since I assumed their line was done and now she's back in stores which makes me kind of miffed honestly :(

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »
So bummed that I missed out on grabbing that Abbey this morning... curses on having to work lol

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
Frankie is really not a favourite character of mine, still I now want 4 versions of her D:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »
It's sooo hard to judge with these. Like I bought my Spectra and Wave two Frankie for more than retail since I assumed their line was done and now she's back in stores which makes me kind of miffed honestly :(
I hate how the distribution of these things reinforces people's desire for instant gratification. Sigh ...

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »
Woo! Talked to Mattel Canada about my glue-y dolls, and I get a voucher for the ones that are no longer in store :D

Nice! That's great to hear. I emailed them about being really disappointed in the lack of stands for the werecat twins, hoping they'd offer to send me a couple but all they said was, meh, we'll take your comments under consideration, bye now! Next time I have a problem I'm going to call them XD

I hate how the distribution of these things reinforces people's desire for instant gratification. Sigh ...

Ugh this. I just buy things the moment I see them now, and it's so expensive. Although I left the newest 4 fashions at TRU because they were $14.99 instead of $9.99 like at Walmart and now they're gone and I haven't seen them anywhere since.  :cry:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »
So I'm thinking about sending Mattel an email about Daughter of Arachne. I just can't help myself! I hope to draft something later this weekend, perhaps Sunday...

Post Merge: June 29, 2012, 04:03:34 PM

Also, has anyone bought the Puma CAM yet? If so, what thighs/torso/biceops do you use with him?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:03:34 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »
someone on ebay has the new skull shores pack with colored frankie listed...

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »
Ugh this. I just buy things the moment I see them now, and it's so expensive. Although I left the newest 4 fashions at TRU because they were $14.99 instead of $9.99 like at Walmart and now they're gone and I haven't seen them anywhere since.  :cry:
I know, right?! I didn't want Abbey before, so I never picked up her fashion packs. But now that I want that new deluxe fashion Abbey, I thought I'd go get that first fashion pack with the snowboard at least, but all her fashion packs have disappeared off the shelves. There's pretty much just Spectra's and Toralei's now, with the odd Frankie and Cleo packs.

I saw Operetta's and Clawdeen's packs at a store once, but they've been bought as well and I haven't seen them since.

So I'm thinking about sending Mattel an email about Daughter of Arachne. I just can't help myself! I hope to draft something later this weekend, perhaps Sunday...
Good luck with that! You'll probably just get a response about how they don't take ideas from "children like you".  :sleepy:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2012, 04:08:48 PM »

Post Merge: June 29, 2012, 04:09:43 PM

Good luck with that! You'll probably just get a response about how they don't take ideas from "children like you".  :sleepy:

Ha! I don't think any major corporation like Mattel would ever respond in such a manner! I'm not planning to give ideas anyway - I'm planning to ask questions!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2012, 04:33:28 PM »

Also, has anyone bought the Puma CAM yet? If so, what thighs/torso/biceops do you use with him?

Mine is on it's way and I plan to paint some limbs for him....but i haven't decided which I will use.  Might be vampire bits, since that is what I'll have doubles of xD 

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2012, 04:35:44 PM »

Mine is on it's way and I plan to paint some limbs for him....but i haven't decided which I will use.  Might be vampire bits, since that is what I'll have doubles of xD 

I'm wondering if anyone will forge custom parts for him....or perhaps use a spare Holt's parts? I'd buy that! On that note, is there anyone here who is good at tearing apart real dolls? I'd totally pay someone to combine Holt and Puma...

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2012, 04:41:07 PM »
Ha! I don't think any major corporation like Mattel would ever respond in such a manner! I'm not planning to give ideas anyway - I'm planning to ask questions!
LOL.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »
...Is it sad that I'm looking under the seats of my mom's car for spare doll money?

$1.20 has been added to the Frankie Fund! :D
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal