collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 34530 times)

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2012, 11:20:39 AM »
Whoa another thread already? Geez do they go fast, haha. xD
Saply, your Operetta looks gorgeous!

I snagged an Abbey but left Frankie. They didn't seem to fly off the online shelves for once which is nice :) or I just got in real fast.

Congrats on getting Abbey!

In other news my latest doll came with no stand... just a base! The corner of the box where the stand normally sits has the little cardboard slits completely closed. Someone forgot to put the stand in >.<

Oh man that's stupid! I would feel so bummed. D:

Knowing how helpful Mattel Australia I'm not holding my breath :(

If I were you, I'd still give it a try!

--

I know I already posted this in the last thread, but I still can't seem to make up my mind! The person that is selling me my wave1 Lagoona has offered me two different options. I can't seem to choose which Lagoona I should go for (this time I'm posting photo's!), please help?

Lagoona 1:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lagoona 2:

Personally, I'd go for the first. You can always remove the smudged paint if you're careful. Maybe it's just the angle, but the second one looks like it has a really bad case of wonk-eye. The left eye looks about two or three millimetres higher than the right. Please feel free to to correct me if I'm wrong, as I say it may just be the angle of the picture.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2012, 11:25:23 AM »
You know what's worst than being broke? Being broke then when you finally get some money, you make an impulse buy on something else. XD

I found these at the Dollar Tree today and thought they were pretty neat.

MH Fakie Puzzles!

Wow, I love that style. The redhead and purple one are so pretty!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2012, 11:34:30 AM »
Those puzzles are cute~! O:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »
Personally, I'd go for the first. You can always remove the smudged paint if you're careful. Maybe it's just the angle, but the second one looks like it has a really bad case of wonk-eye. The left eye looks about two or three millimetres higher than the right. Please feel free to to correct me if I'm wrong, as I say it may just be the angle of the picture.

Hmm, yeah you're right I could remove it! However, I'm terribly clumsy so I'm scared I'd ruin her. I guess the angle does work creating that wonky-eye-effect, but the seller did state her eye was slightly higher. However, I already ordered her now. So let's hope for the best!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 11:56:51 AM »
Ok, Skeleton Torso for the MH dolls:

First off, the resin feels a bit different than the stuff used for the dolls normally does, but it seems to hold up nicely.  Since it is a hand made piece, the arm holes aren't perfectly sized for the pegs, but that is easily fixed...means I need to fix mine now xD  It bends in different ways than the MH torsos since it comes in 3 pieces:  the pelvis, spine, and ribs.  The ribs and spine aren't staying connected very well...I'm not super happy about it, seeing as it is making it hard for me to get her body in one piece.  Might have to try some tape or poly clay to fix it a bit...

Next, when put together, it is able to move in slightly different ways, more angles, can bend forward a bit, as well as back.  THey can move side to side some as well.  It's really nifty! 

The head moves just fine on it, and the legs move well too...You can actually pose their legs so she can sit on her bum and thighs, with her legs bent...kinda the ladylike way to sit on the ground?  She con cross her leg over her knee, and it doesn't look bad! 

The dresses look good on them, and I like how it sits...and it doesn't look like she is missing any...um...parts.  xD  It also doesn't look bad as far as bones go!  I really am impressed with this set.  Not so happy about the rib/spine thing, but I'll live.  =]

And now, pictures!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:59:43 AM by TexasGal »

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
Thanks LuvlyMelody and Tiffoes!  Yeah, they sort of sneak up on you...I didn't really have a concept for how many there were since they were all scattered.  And then when I was counting up what I still had to open, I was like "holy crappolli, there are like 30 more dolls?!?!!"  LOL! 

Of course this all stems from the "I'll just buy one to see if I like them" followed by "Ok just the ones I like" which turns into a real problem when you realize you "like" them all!  And also, "I'm totally not a doll collector."  Yeah...I think I need to rethink some of those statements.  :lol:

Gorgeous collection mlpcrazy  :biggrin: It's not your fault there's so many, they just multiply like rabbits XD

The skeleton torso looks awesome, TexasGal!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »

Hmm, yeah you're right I could remove it! However, I'm terribly clumsy so I'm scared I'd ruin her. I guess the angle does work creating that wonky-eye-effect, but the seller did state her eye was slightly higher. However, I already ordered her now. So let's hope for the best!

Her left eye seems to have been painted smaller than her right eye (seriously, how does this happen so consistently in this playline what with the paint machine screening the face-up?) and thus not properly filling out the bottom portion of her "eye socket." Hopefully it isn't that noticeable in person and a lot of Lagoonas do tend to suffer from this minor defect so...

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2012, 01:35:57 PM »
Just returned from shopping today.  Lots of "new to my area" stuff.  I saw the Coffin Bean and School Playset for the first time today.  It was sorta depressing to leave the Coffin Bean behind, but I'm waiting for the exclusive one.  I will NOT be buying the School set.  Nice to see in store though.  My Wal-mart had 10 Cupid re-releases.  We NEVER got 1600 Cupid, and now 10 sub-par re-releases.  I need that diary, but I could not force myself to buy another one.  I looked over all 10 trying to talk myself into one, but they all looked terrible and I'd rather save that $20 for something new....

I noticed some interesting things today, I thought I'd share.  Along with the Cupid re-releases, there were a couple 2.0 Frankies and 1.0 Lalas.  What interesting is that one Lala had the face screening with the far appart eyes, and the other had the newer screening with the closer together eyes.  Weird that they still can't decide what to do with her eyes:)

I saw a bunch of Roadsters at Target, some older and some newer.  The newer ones include a paper doll of 1600 Clawd sitting in the passenger seat next to Lala. 

If anyone wants to sell their Cupid diary keep me (though I think Mandy asked first) in mind:)  Thanks.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »
Woo! Talked to Mattel Canada about my glue-y dolls, and I get a voucher for the ones that are no longer in store :D

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2012, 01:54:34 PM »
Her left eye seems to have been painted smaller than her right eye (seriously, how does this happen so consistently in this playline what with the paint machine screening the face-up?) and thus not properly filling out the bottom portion of her "eye socket." Hopefully it isn't that noticeable in person and a lot of Lagoonas do tend to suffer from this minor defect so...

Yeah, but I guess it's also because her head is tilted a bit to the side. The one with the smeared lips look like she's having the same problem.. So I suppose you're right about a lot having that flaw! I hope the Lagoona I ordered looks okay in person too! But even if the indent of her eye shows because the eye has been placed too high/is too small, I'll love her to pieces. My Rochelle has a lot of flaws too, but I'm not going to let go of her either! Thanks for giving your opinion. :3

Woo! Talked to Mattel Canada about my glue-y dolls, and I get a voucher for the ones that are no longer in store :D

Whoa nice! Congratulations on getting that voucher.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2012, 01:56:27 PM »
I personally like the first Lagoona's face more. While she does have a smudge, I usually remove smudges like that with the edges of my Hello Kitty emery board. :ninja: Doesn't smudge like acetone and leaves a nice sharp line. c:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2012, 02:06:42 PM »
... And also, "I'm totally not a doll collector."  Yeah...I think I need to rethink some of those statements.  :lol:

I'm not a doll collector, not at all. I just have a few MH dolls... :blush:

My Rochelle arrived today!!! Her hair is kind of funky though :( Looks like there are lumps in her hair, not sure if it's glue reside from her rock hard fringe or glue seepage :( Brushed as much out as I can, it doesn't look horribly noticeable but I'm scared to wash her hair out.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
I personally like the first Lagoona's face more. While she does have a smudge, I usually remove smudges like that with the edges of my Hello Kitty emery board. :ninja: Doesn't smudge like acetone and leaves a nice sharp line. c:

I really like the first Lagoona too! Haha, I was actually thinking of getting them both first, but my wallet can't handle that amount.. xD

Whoa doesn't filing it away ruin the plastic? I'm really starting to doubt my choice now.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »
... And also, "I'm totally not a doll collector."  Yeah...I think I need to rethink some of those statements.  :lol:

I'm not a doll collector, not at all. I just have a few MH dolls... :blush:

My Rochelle arrived today!!! Her hair is kind of funky though :( Looks like there are lumps in her hair, not sure if it's glue reside from her rock hard fringe or glue seepage :( Brushed as much out as I can, it doesn't look horribly noticeable but I'm scared to wash her hair out.

I washed my Rochelle out since she was super greasy, and so far so seepage! I just used luke warm water instead of boiled :)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »
Do you think the new deluxe fashion Abbey and Frankie sets are a "now or never" thing, or do you think I'll still be able to get them at a reasonable price in a few months?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal