collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Once Upon a Time Discussion thread *Spoilers*  (Read 92328 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Once Upon a Time Discussion thread *Spoilers*
« Reply #1080 on: May 11, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »
I watched it this morning, I DVR'd it last night.  Very epic. 
Spoiler
It was great of Emma to be heroic and take the darkness within her but now she may be a villain and everyone in Storybrook will be in danger.  Is she no longer the savior?  Maybe Henry will be since he's her son, he will be the one to save her from darkness.
I like Rumplestiltskin a lot, but I found this season he was very boring.  I liked the flashbacks of him with gold sparkley skin, etc and his high pitched giggles.

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #1081 on: May 11, 2015, 11:09:26 AM »
I liked it. I was sort of angry at the Writer for just flipping the endings though. It's sort of a lazy ploy for someone who wanted a "good story." I would have kept them villains but still given them happy endings. Anywho, I'm glad Henry found his place in the magical universe and that the Apprentice, whom I happily call Mickey, is back into play.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 11, 2015, 01:01:42 PM »
I liked it. I was sort of angry at the Writer for just flipping the endings though. It's sort of a lazy ploy for someone who wanted a "good story." I would have kept them villains but still given them happy endings. Anywho, I'm glad Henry found his place in the magical universe and that the Apprentice, whom I happily call Mickey, is back into play.

I call him Mickey too!  :P

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1083 on: May 11, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »
I loved it!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 11, 2015, 03:29:38 PM »
Noooooooo, I didn't get to watch it. But without watching it and if things are reversed then Lily should be the savior since she and Emma are two sides of the same coin...

I miss the pilot version of Rumple. You, know the bit more qirky-creepy-squeaky version. Hopefully I can watch all two hours by the end of this week. It's gonna be a LOOOOOONG summer. I still need to get my hands on season 3 on DVD.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 11, 2015, 04:30:33 PM »
It was so good!! I loved it. I'm interested to see what the darkness does to Emma. And what Rumple will be like without the darkness... Maybe there's hope for Rumple and Belle after all.

So happy to see Henry as the next author. He needed a "place" in the magic.

And yay for Regina and Robin :) Happy to see the story about them too.

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 11, 2015, 05:12:46 PM »
I just finished watching it.

WHAT. AN. ENDING. :cry:

WARNING: Spoilers ahead!

Oh my flipping goodness! I cried when Hook died! Of course, I wasn't too surprised when he came back, but still. And though it led up to the grand finale, I agree that the Author's incentive for a happy ending was rather weak. I kind of wish he'd had an even more complex backstory that was revealed earlier on.

I'm also with everyone on Henry's "place in the magic"! And I LOVED his final response to the Author's power...such a smart, humble kid. ^.^

Things I wasn't expecting:
-Lily being the guard on the island (her defeat seemed far too easy; I felt like the whole "Heroes & Villains" section was rushed. It was given so much hype in the sneak peeks but not nearly as much screen time as I was expecting.)
-Hook. Being killed. Yeah, going to start bawling again.
-THAT ENDING. Just...wow. In a way I'm annoyed that all of Rumple's darkness was removed, because that was what made him such an interesting character in the first place (and what made Belle so lovable). But it's a great excuse for the writers to draw out the series. ;)
-Emma's sacrifice. Although because of her character development, I should have seen it coming...but for a moment I honestly thought we were going to have Evil Regina back (which none of us wanted, I don't think). Come to think of it, none of us really wants Emma to go dark either, but I'm looking forward to how it affects the next season. By the finale, I thought the "making Emma go dark" motive was gone, but I guess not--and it just hit us all in a way I certainly didn't expect. The worst way to end a season? By putting the main character's name on the Dark One's dagger, and making that the last image you see for MONTHS. Seriously, guys. Come ON. *pouts in a corner and refuses to move till Season 5*

My little review/rant of this stunning finale. It definitely surprised me in many ways, which I really appreciated! I hate it when the trailers ruin everything.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 11, 2015, 06:25:53 PM »
*uncontrollable hysterical crying*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! EMMA!!!! How is her heart going to make it?! All that darkness was KILLING Rumple, and it's all on her at once?!?!? TOO MUCH, this episode was too much!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 11, 2015, 07:03:51 PM »
I really enjoyed the season finale...and yet...I'm not slowly dying on the inside waiting for the next episode.  I feel that they wrapped up Season 4 quite nicely.  It wasn't too cliff-hanger-y.  Looking forward to the next chapter!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 11, 2015, 11:02:22 PM »
Poor Hook is all I have to say about that ending. He finally gets to hear the three biggest words from the woman he loves and instead of enjoying the moment she gets ripped from him. That poor man, he has the worst luck ever.

And can I just say how much I freaking adore Robin and Regina together? Seriously, they have become the new Snow and Charming for me as their romantic moments bring the biggest and stupidest smiles to my face and...I just love them to pieces.

I am excited to see Dark On Emma, but at the same time I am not chomping at the bit. Mostly because I think she will be a pretty terrible Dark One, but I could be surprised.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 12, 2015, 12:39:06 AM »
I'm sad Emma is in such danger and that she and Hook are separated.... but at least she dropped the dagger! That's a good start. Hook could like, keep it strapped to himself at all times. Then, Emma can't do anything bad, because Hook will be keeping her from betraying herself. I was all teary when she refused to let Regina lose her happy ending even one more time. She didn't hesitate; she cares about Regina and wants her to finally be happy. Plus.... Emma showed that she finally completely trusts her parents to not fail her. She asked them to save her from the darkness one more time. And with Henry as the Author, though he refuses to change things, at the very least, he must record things.... which means he will know where Emma ends up!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 12, 2015, 08:54:50 AM »
wow, I am so behind. I love spoilers so I read everything, but cannot wait to watch!!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 12, 2015, 08:58:37 AM »
I loved it! I cried several times, especially when I thought Hook had died. I absolutely adore Robin and Regina together, as well as Emma and Hook :) I can't wait for season 5 to start.

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #1093 on: May 12, 2015, 10:19:56 AM »
I forgot to mention! Scaredy Hook was my favorite part. He was adorable.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 19, 2015, 08:09:16 AM »
really need to watch this. maybe tonight?
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal