collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89142 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I guess my post didn't go through yesterday.... I went to the gym!! My cousin has me on as an added person on her club membership, but I only ever go swimming there. But yesterday I finally decided to check out the workout room. It was awesome! I jog/walk/speedwalked on a treadmill for an hour and used some of the weight machines.

I think I'm going to make the gym a regular thing :)
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Now that sounds like fun:)

Ate an extra snack today..snicker candy....now i feel bleh:p
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
*hugs...why all the worries? It will be ok.

My ex boyfriend is in a coma in the hospital after getting hit by a truck.  :cloud:  He's an alcoholic and he did not treat me the best come year 2 together. Yet he was my first bf and treated me like a princess that first year together before he started drinking all the time. Still care about his well being some of my friends do not understand why I even care... Which confuses me like how can you totally hate someone after being with them so long? I don't wish death or pain on anyone.

Idk.. it has me worried, they say he will live which is good but I'm just going to worry until I can visit him and stop worrying. Though they have him in a medically induced coma he was awake but was too fidgety for his injuries so thats why he is in a coma.

Otherwise... eh im doing ok. I need to get my workout schedule back which should be starting soon with my roommates having group workout time :)
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
*hugs...why all the worries? It will be ok.

My ex boyfriend is in a coma in the hospital after getting hit by a truck.  :cloud:  He's an alcoholic and he did not treat me the best come year 2 together. Yet he was my first bf and treated me like a princess that first year together before he started drinking all the time. Still care about his well being some of my friends do not understand why I even care... Which confuses me like how can you totally hate someone after being with them so long? I don't wish death or pain on anyone.

Idk.. it has me worried, they say he will live which is good but I'm just going to worry until I can visit him and stop worrying. Though they have him in a medically induced coma he was awake but was too fidgety for his injuries so thats why he is in a coma.

Otherwise... eh im doing ok. I need to get my workout schedule back which should be starting soon with my roommates having group workout time :)

Oh no, that sounds so scary  :(  :hug:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
I agree with you jazz....no mmatter the hurt you still care...i still get concerned when i hear about an ex and i am marrieid:p when people touch your heart they are with you forever. You are being a wonderful caring person....and who knows maybe this will change thing for the better. Sending prays to you.

This play is hard. I have cried after practice everynight sio far....but having someone tell me that the music director wo took my only solo is a bitw of a diva...so its still a bummer but i dont feel it was my audition that got it taken away:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Update

Hello everypony!

Just a check in for this week, I want you all to know that I am still here. I am working on getting settled but for right now I am staying in a hotel during the week and driving home on the weekends. I'm searching for a reasonable apartment for the next 9 months of my internship, but for right now it's a lot of transitional movement. Normally this wouldn't bother me, as I deliberately picked a hotel that had internet access, but unfortunately, their internet is awful. I can barely connect most of the time and while I can tether my phone to my laptop (now), I try not to use that option very much since the data plans are ridiculous and I could go through the 5GB allowed pretty easily if I didn't pay attention. I have been working on some things though and will be doing some updates this evening.

I also went to my psychologist and doctor and they put me on a new depression/anxiety medication too. This has helped me immensely. I feel like I'm starting to get back to my old self. I know that for many of you this month has been one of struggles and setbacks, just be aware that sometimes those are completely normal. We all go through things that cause 'food' and 'exercise' to fall to the back burner. I know that for me getting good grades came before my physical/nutritional well being. It's hard for me to prioritize getting 'healthy' when there always seems to be something more important that comes up. Here's the thing though, I do keep right on trying. Over the past 10 weeks, while I certainly haven't lost weight given my own personal setbacks, I have managed to gain a new sense of balance and confidence in trying. Sometimes, it's not about the goals; though I am certainly going to keep working towards my own personal goals, it is about the friends and journey along the way. Each of the setbacks I've experienced has taught me something about myself and my mindset.

For example, the other day I realized that I always feel guilty when I turn down food. My husband had actually cooked dinner for once, but at the time I wasn't hungry at all. Instead of telling him that I wasn't hungry and would eat some later when I was, I ended up getting food anyway and feeling stuffed and miserable later. Another good example was, we went out to eat and he didn't finish even 1/4 of this giant burger he ordered - I felt terrible and even though it wasn't great I probably would have boxed up the burger to go and tossed it at home. Instead, I felt embarrassed that he'd ordered this food and then basically had the restaurant throw it away. I can't even tell you why I cared about what the waiter thought, but again, it was another eye opening moment because I wondered how often I clean my plate at a restaurant simply because I'm worried about what these strangers will think of me!

On another note, I know many of us will be getting ready for the school season. I know that I personally am back at work (:( , I work at a elementary school) and that soon enough college and regular school resumes for the next year. This can be a busy time for everyone so I definitely understand that there are some going to be some issues that crop up. I think that the most important thing for everyone is that they keep trying, I know that can be difficult when we are discouraged or really busy - please always remember that there is an entire thread full of people here that want to help and that my PM box is always open!

Weekly Challenge - Week 10

In light of things that have been happening, what is one thing that you've learned about yourself over the last 2 months that surprised you?

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 10 pg 90!! Home Stretch!
« Reply #1341 on: August 21, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »
Wow, time flies! I can't believe it's been 2 months! I have learned that there is hope for me :) And that all those negative thoughts I have while I am depressed are total lies. It's amazing how real they seem though!

It's also been interesting seeing everyone else's life problems and triumphs here. If you have learned nothing else, I hope we've at least learned that we are not alone. I seriously only earned 6 points between my last check in, but I've been doing pretty well these past few days, at least the exercising anyway.

Surfstar, you are such an inspiration. You are helping us despite having so much conflict in your life.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 21, 2012, 06:42:08 PM »
I'm totally out of it right now, but I'll certainly attempt to answer the prompt!

In light of things that have been happening, what is one thing that you've learned about yourself over the last 2 months that surprised you?

That I have good restraint when I need it. I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to kick the chocolate habit, but I haven't eaten any for a week and a half at least. :)

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1343 on: August 21, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »
I have learned that i can rely on the arena with my frustrations....i didnt cry as i left rehersal...it still sucks but i am working on making the best of it:)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »
"In light of things that have been happening, what is one thing that you've learned about yourself over the last 2 months that surprised you?"

I've learned that I can do a lot more than I thought I could, just by getting past the mental and emotional block of thinking I can't. I can walk several miles, I can run without hurting myself, I can do so much that I always had an excuse not to do. I'm also trying to remember that for things outside of fitness and health, too. All I have to do is have the willpower to get over the "I can't because" and get into the "I can at least try" zone :)
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 21, 2012, 08:36:01 PM »
I have learned that I virtually have 0 willpower! I also learned that it is really nice to have a group of people to chat and worry to that are trying to accomplish the same goas as yourself! Thanks!!

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1346 on: August 21, 2012, 09:29:15 PM »
I learned that I can walk over 4 miles pretty easily.

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 21, 2012, 11:40:46 PM »
I have learnt that I don't have to diet ALL of the time.  So long as I'm watching what I eat for most of the week, one bad day does not have to mean I have failed.  Sure, it will set my weight loss back but whats a few more days?

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 22, 2012, 01:53:05 AM »
I've learnt not to expect the impossible from myself :) I have huge issues pacing myself and tend to do too much so I spend the next few days in bed or on the sofa. And I've learned I can give up the dreaded cola!!! A 2l bottle a day habit for the past 15 years, well I kicked it in the wrinklies :D :cheer:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 22, 2012, 06:01:33 AM »
I've learned not to diet and eat in moderation a lot better than I was! Dieting is just so stressful and boring, I like flavor and I'm on a budget I cannot go out and buy certain low cal stuff or whatever some diet calls for.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal