collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89216 times)

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
I've been a little busy this week, so sorry I haven't been checking in!
Things have been going pretty good this week. I've been keeping up with the challenge and realizing I tend to snack and eat more when I am bored and by myself (I kind of knew that already, but didn't want to admit it). It's been hard for me to get out for walks because of how darn hot it has been, but I have been going shopping a lot the past week so that always gets me a good walk. I think I spent nearly 2 hours yesterday in Walmart.  :blink:
But I am pretty proud of myself because I am getting close to my weight goals sooner than I thought I would.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
I have been keeping up with the challenge its something I try to do before I eat anything. Not sure on calories today... my roommate made breakfast/ lunch I have no idea what he threw into that breakfast shake. 0.o
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Asking myself why I eat -- in the am , it's because I know I should eat otherwise I'll feel yucky at work. At work, it's because my tummy gets super hungry (worried it might trigger migraine). And for dinners... well, sometimes I skip dinners cuz I feel like there is nothing to eat that I like-- (which causes me to eat a tiny tiny small snack, like two crackers in the middle of the night). Or I eat dinner because I get to go out and eat something yummy. Or because I'm actually hungry, if there is something good.

Every now and then I get cravings for something super sweet. (like candy). I won't go out and get it, but if it's around, I tend to satisfy that craving (normally a piece or two does it).

When I pay attention to what I eat, I really feel like I should eat more. It seems like I eat so my tummy won't hurt? I like food and all, but I dunno...

As for exercise, it's only because I should-- and not that I want to. I wish this mentality would stop, I wish I could enjoy it. But running in circles with the pup has been fun (I owe you guys a picture).

While I'm at it, anyone know a good exercise for toning thighs?

I don't think I'm happy with my thighs. I get jealous at all the girls who have stick legs, and I'll never have stick legs--- but maybe if they were toned, I'd feel better about them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

While I'm at it, anyone know a good exercise for toning thighs?

I don't think I'm happy with my thighs. I get jealous at all the girls who have stick legs, and I'll never have stick legs--- but maybe if they were toned, I'd feel better about them.

Squats! :D They're really not the most glamourous of excercises, but they do work! Feet over a shoulder-width apart and squat down untill your thighs are as parallel to the floor as you can. You don't have to hold it for long, and you can gradually increase the amount of reps. Lean forwards if you need to, but keep your back straight!

Does anyone know of excercises for bums? I know squats are helpful too, but I don't want to *over* work my thighs, as I'm happy with them as they are for now!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
got up really early yesterday today not so muchbut at least no sodas :)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
^I'm so sorry to hear that! I've been there and I feel for you. I hope you feel better really soon and find an awesome new job right away.

I have had a terrible few days. I have been comfort eating and just shoving anything into my mouth I can get there. I'm chalking it up to hormones, but I've just felt miserable for the past three days. I'm a little better today, but still coming out of it. I think I'll do better with eating today, most of the junk is gone now. It's time to dig into all the fruit I got when I went grocery shopping. I just wish I could shake this useless, worthless feeling. At least I know it'll go away soon.   :sad:
I have to drop out of this because I lost my job, and I'm in a bit of a depression. I eat or don't eat, and I'm not in my mind to keep track. All I know is I keep going out there and trying to be active so that's good.

:hug: to both of you. Everyone goes through slumps. I have Crohn's Disease, which causes my intestines to inflame whenever I eat, so I spend all day with an abdomen way bigger than it should be. This has been very detrimental to my motivation for weight loss, as it seems like no matter how much I lose, my body will never look the way it's supposed to. It's hard to convince myself that all this effort is worth it sometimes, but it is and we all know that in back of our minds. That fact can get buried beneath everything else. We get busy, stressed and/or sick and then we feel like we shouldn't be dedicating so much of our strength to our bodies. It isn't just about that, though. It's about being healthier. Living longer. Feeling better. I notice a significant increase in optimism when I treat my body better. The better you are to your body, the more it affects your mind positively.

Don't write yourself off. Take the bad days as they come and face every new day with a positive attitude. We all go through hard times, that's why we're here to support each other and lend a hand to the weary when they need it.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Ugh  1 point last few days.  Exercise, bad eating. :sigh;  I will get back on track.  >P

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Did awesome with exercise today!!!  But so far, not so good with eating.  The hubby made breakfast burritos for breakfast (yum, but high cal) and is going to grill burgers for dinner (they're pretty lean, but still not as good as a salad)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
I went for a big walk along the beachfront today.  Have also been eating well 2 points

The scales finally showed another .5kg weight loss (boy that took ages to make up for one bad day!).  I have now lost 7.5kgs :frolic:

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
got up early today me and my bf are going to a swap meet yay

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
I was excited to see 170s today! well... 179 so I'll probably fluctuate awhile between 178-181 before it stays off.  :frolic:
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I've been so bad :( Exercising every day but not eating right at all.

"For this week, I'd like everyone to take a minute before they eat or exercise and ask why they are doing it? Is it because you're hungry, avoiding something? Feeding a craving?"

Not really a happy challenge, haha. I want to eat another slice of that sugary, high cal cinnamon bread. It's because I still can't feel the lines between emotional needs, physical hunger, and/or just wanting it. It's not an easy thing to define when you've struggled with disordered eating for a long time.

I want to exercise as soon as I can today. This one's happier. I want to exercise today like I do every day because I've never been physically fit before and I'm finally getting there. I may not be losing weight, but I can walk miles and miles every day now, whereas I couldn't walk a single mile at the beginning of this year without not being able to do anything for the rest of the week. I want to keep it up because though my progress is slow, it's something I'm a little proud of.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
as i thought about why i did things things this week i realize i eat to have something in my hands :(

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
as i thought about why i did things things this week i realize i eat to have something in my hands :(

I do this as well. I find it almost impossible to watch TV or a movie without eating something, because I have to keep my hands busy. This is why I now prefer my computer as much as possible. On the computer, my hands and my mind are busy, so I won't get up to eat until I'm actually hungry.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I'm back from my week away and feeling utterly rubbish!

Whilst away it was great - giving myself two points for each day plus the challenge one because I worked so hard, ate pretty well and generally did awesome. However came home yesterday and the infection around my tooth has gone *boom* again and I feel dreadful.

Can't get any antibiotics today and have stopped taking painkillers because they aren't helping. Really don't feel like eating so I'm snacking but urgh. I did resist a chocolate craving in the supermarket earlier. I've been in bed most of the weekend since I got home, ready to go back there again soon. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal