collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89267 times)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Posted by Surfstar:
Quote from: kiwimlp on Yesterday at 09:43:57 AM

Oh man. My husband just arrived home with a bag of pineapple lumps for me.   Sometimes I don't know if he's just thoughtless or if he's trying to sabotage my efforts. Anyway, I shoved the bag to the back of the cupboard.  *sigh*

Jeez! I'm beginning to think loved ones must have some sort of internal radar that goes off when someone starts losing weight.  Maybe ask him? I know my husband does the same darned thing (he's just thoughtless sometimes) since he can pretty well eat anything he wants and still lose weight.

Another thing you can do, is portion out the correct serving size of the bag (I'm thinking it's pieces of dried pineapple?) and keep them in the back of the cupboard but give yourself 1 serving each week. Sometimes treats are even more awesome that way =)

Pineapple lumps are pineapple flavored sweets coated in chocolate, lol.  No nutritional value in them at all sadly!  I will put them in his hunting pack when he goes away this weekend so I am not left alone in the house with a whole bag of them.  In my heart I know he doesn't mean anything nasty by buying them for me, he really is just thoughtless -and like your partner, has never had a weight problem in his life. Thanks for your reply :)

On a good note, the scales report another .5kg weight loss.  That makes a total of 5.5 now :)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Well yesterday was a bust...way to much crap, lots of homemade cooking and ice cream.  I do get an exercise point today though for walking on the treadmill for half an hour while reading my homework assignment!  Is anyone else interested in a separate thread for this event that is about healthy recipes and substitute foods for snacking etc.?  I just find it so hard to sift though everyone's posts for the recipes and other food ideas that have been posted.  I have a few to add myself!

Oh and for my new thing this week I am hoping to try a cycling class at my university's wellness center tomorrow afternoon.  I also want to try my new smoothie recipe as I now have all the ingredients for it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Nessa that sounds awesome! I would go ahead and create a thread for that. I've thought about asking the mods about getting a subforum since we have 42 people participating. Otherwise this is going to be one very big thread when we are done.

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
@surfstar I would love the pretzel recipe! I am sure my hubby will be in heaven when I make them...

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Today 1 point...got really sick with a head ach....but i tried to be active as i could...snuck another bad snack again...sigh working to fix this.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Well I got both my points today! 8.5 total :3 I ate well and did DDR on difficult for... I have no idea how long. Maybe an hour and a half+? It felt harder today for some reason though. No idea why :(

Surfstar: Awwwww that is so sweet of you! That really means so much to me :heart: What is your username on dA? :3 And how about just making a new board for it altogether on a free forum website like invisionfree or proboards? :3 And you can link it here and we can all join! ^^
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:19:10 PM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Day 3 (19th) - Did very well!  Oatmeal,  leftover Thai sautee, fruit for lunch. Dinner was a can of black beans, salsa, cheese and some cranberry tortilla chips. + 2 pts

Day 4 (20th)  - Awesome! Resisted the sweets when I went to the convenience store, had 1/2 a soda. Chocolate banana smoothie, English Muffin for breakfast, 30 chips, the leftover beans for lunch and kept tracking of every calorie with Lose It. I did a 20 minute kickboxing workout...hard and challenging. Was NOT fun. Got angry. Oh well.  +1 for the food, but I didn't stick with the workout, so no point for that!

My new thing for the week was the pilates AND the belly dancing. I've never done either! 

I like being able to feel part of a community, thanks for organizing this, SurfStar! 
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Nessa that sounds awesome! I would go ahead and create a thread for that. I've thought about asking the mods about getting a subforum since we have 42 people participating. Otherwise this is going to be one very big thread when we are done.

I think a sub forum would be awesome!  I will create the food thread unless you plan on doing the subforum, then I will wait for that.  I really like this, great idea!  I am excited to see everyone's healthy food ideas.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections

I think a sub forum would be awesome!  I will create the food thread unless you plan on doing the subforum, then I will wait for that.  I really like this, great idea!  I am excited to see everyone's healthy food ideas.

I'm looking into Monstar's suggestion, of utilizing another board too. I'm not sure I can get a subforum on the Arena.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
I am so tired.

Lover's quarrels are great for you, apparently. Hubbs and I had a disagreement, so I (stupidly) went for a walk in my flip-flops. I got quite a ways, too. About a mile. Then I walked all the way home, another mile. It was murder. My hands swelled up and ached on my way back. I got callouses from my flip-flops. Still, I got in a great workout and I got a chance to clear my head.

I unknowingly skipped lunch (wasn't hungry, didn't eat) so we stopped and got dinner at Panera Bread. OMG you guys. Their Broccoli Cheddar Soup is my new favorite thing (and pretty low in calories!). It was delicious and filling and now I'm tired.

Made great choices today (minus the flip-flops) and I'm happy to report a 2-point day!

ETA: Just checked the mileage between here and the park I walke to. 2.1 miles. I walked 4.2 miles today! WOW!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:08:46 PM by Yurusumaji »

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Yesterday was a 1 point day, I did well with my exercise but didn't eat very healthily. I thought I was making a good choice by ordering grilled chicken when I went out to eat, but it was served with two pieces of Texas toast and a baked potato covered in butter o.O The chicken wasn't so great, and I felt like I had to eat everything else to get what I paid for. Next time I will know to order a salad!

Today I get 1.5 points, ate well (had a really yummy chicken salad for dessert) and walked to campus from a cheaper parking spot much farther away than I normally park. Of course it started to downpour on my way back to my car after class XD Maybe I should look into this exercising indoors thing haha!

Oh also, I switched from sugar to Truvia in my coffee. I can't taste the difference, and it's 0 calories. And it doesn't upset my tummy like artificial sweeteners.

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I did great on my calories for Wednesday, was under what I was supposed to have so got to have an extra treat - yummy tootsie rolls!!! I only had 1 pop and it was caffeine free ( I love my caffeine)... My exercising was great also. I didn't do any cardio but did 45 minutes of yoga.. I love yoga - always have. It is challenging and doesn't make me bounce around like cardio exercising!!! So 2 points for Wednesday!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
I had crisps yesterday :cry: And I couldn't bring myself to eat a banana :cry:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

I'm looking into Monstar's suggestion, of utilizing another board too. I'm not sure I can get a subforum on the Arena.

Yeah, I doubt a subforum would be allowed, unless we were spread out over loads of threads like the 'America's Top Monster' competition over in the Dollhouse. A seperate forum might be nice, but I wonder if we'll really have enough seperate content for multiple threads? A recipe/food tips thread would be good, but other than that it seems mainly discussion and encouragement, which is all taking place here.

Yes, it'll be a beastly thread, but we could lock and make a new one when we hit 100 pages, like the main Monster High thread does? Plus there's always the group chat over on MyFitnessPal, though I appreciate not everyone uses it. Just some ideas :)
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
I had another good day today.  1 for exercise and 1 for eating :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal