collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89274 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I'm glad we don't start counting points until the weekend because today is dreadful for me!

Food, not too bad until tea where we have family over and had fish and chips. Not the unhealthiest take away, but it wasn't what I had in mind for tea.

My main issue is a wisdom tooth - woke up in agony at 4.30am and have felt really rough all day. I got a repeat prescription from the dentist, been out and bought stronger pain killers too as mine won't do anything for the pain. As a result I didn't feel up to making myself a healthier tea and I also bailed on my gym session for tonight. The good news is that the antibiotics will upset my stomach so I'll maybe lose a little weight that way if I'm lucky; might as well have something positive come of all this pain!

I will likely wake up in the early hours again so I'm thinking that I might work out then if I can't get back to sleep. For now, I'm going to curl up in a ball.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
The symbol is what has me a little stumped too actually. I was thinking some combination of eating/exercise/mental feeling representation. =)

What about a heart with wings? Something like this:  http://www.freevectors.net/details/Heart+And+Wings+Vector

The heart could symbolize our healthy eating/ exercise habits while the wings symbolize the uplifted mental feeling we get when we do good things for ourselves. Just a thought.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
I kinda like the idea of the jump rope...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Keep the ideas coming! I'll be trying to keep up with all of them. lol :> I love the heart and wings idea, renee_chan!
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I'm running into a problem I've had before - consistency! I'll do so well on my diet one day (maybe 50 calories under the threshold) that I'll pig out the next day. I need to stop thinking that doing well one day gives me an excuse to abandon my eating plan the next. Especially because I notice the difference in my body. When I stick to my eating plan, especially cutting out starch and fats, I feel so much better! More energy, less aches and pains and digestive upset, better sleep. I think I need to work harder on preparing meals in advance :)

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
I kinda like the idea of the jump rope...

Jump ropes are awesome to use. I have one and I can skip extremely fast, the only risk is if I stuff up I whip myself lol. It's probably the cheapest best cardio that I know of. =)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Yayyyyyy! My DDR pad came in the mail today! :D Now I can start exercising! And my family bought pizza and I didn't eat it!! I am super proud of myself. Lol I opted for tuna instead xD

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Yayyyyyy! My DDR pad came in the mail today! :D Now I can start exercising! And my family bought pizza and I didn't eat it!! I am super proud of myself. Lol I opted for tuna instead xD

Way to go! Keep that up and you'll blow us all out of the water!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
I dug out my DDR games last night. Sadly one is missing from the case, though. D: So I have to figure out where it is hiding.
But I played DDR for about an hour last night and it was lots of fun. I am no where near as good at it as I used to be, but I don't mind.

Then today I did about 20 minutes of Zumba and that wore me out right there. I was craving some doughnuts pretty bad, but my boyfriend kept me from giving in and helped me cook something healthy for dinner.

I'll have to go looking around, I think we have a jump rope somewhere in the house..

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 140
Measurements using tape measure:
Chest: 35"
Waist: 30"
Hips: 40"

GOALS

1) What is your goal weight?  I would love to get back down to 125-130.  But within this time frame and with my hip surgeries (first one was on April 20th and the second will be July 13th), I'm pretty limited for exercise and weightloss.  I'd be happy with 135.

2) What are your goal inches?  I'd like to lose a couple inches off my belly and hips.  But I will be happy if I can manage to not get any bigger while I am stuck on couch rest.

3) What habits do you want to break?  Snacking on junk food.

4) What habits do you want to develop?  I desperately need to work on portion control.  I should also be eating more fruits and veggies and cutting back on carbs and processed foods.

PLAN

Exercise: For now, I plan to continue to walk the dogs every day and to continue all my strength and cardio exercises from my physical therapist.  Once my second surgery is over, I will use my leg machine for at least the required 9 hours a day (if it's anything like the first surgery, I will end up using it almost 24/7).  I will keep up with all physical therapy and doctor-approved exercise to the best of my ability and pain threshold.  I plan on stretching every day to improve flexibility and to keep the scar tissue damage minimized.  Once I am up and walking again (around the end of August), I will restart the dog walks.

2) I am going to try to resist the temptation of junk foods when my husband is picking up dinner or we are going out.  I will try to cook more fresh food and less frozen meals.  And when I feel like I need a snack, I will reach for yogurt or fruit rather than chips.  I am going to try to keep my calories under 1800 a day.

Edit:
This could be interesting, since the hubby and I are leaving for a week-long vacation on Saturday.  I will be spending time in Vegas and at the beach in CA.  It is going to be HARD to eat healthy and not drink margaritas every night  XD
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:00:21 PM by ZennaBug »

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Yurusumaji: Thank youu! :) Your encouragement means a lot!

ZettaMomo: Awwww I hope you find your other game! I hate when that happens :( You sound like you're doing awesome! Keep up the good work!

LizbethDawn

• Trade Count: (0)

Your Username: LizbethDawn
Your GOALS: To slim down and tone up! I want to be in better shape when my hubby gets back! I would like to lose 10-15 pounds in the next three months.
Your PLAN: I'm going to eat smaller portions and resist my urge to "graze" and constantly snack. I'm also going to be more active. I'm going to walk not drive to the mail box everyday and try and do 2-3 laps around the block every other day. And try to make it to the gym one or more times a week.
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 275
Measurements
Chest: 53
Waist: 51
Hips: 55
GOALS
1.) What is your goal weight? In the next 3 months I want to get to 260. My goal weight is 180
2.) What are your goal inches? I only expect to lose a few inches with my smaller weight loss goal. I like my curves so if my waist/belly is the only thing that loses inches I'll be just fine with that lol
3.) What habits do you want to break? My constant grazing on snacks.
4.) What habits do you want to develop? Eating properly portioned meals at the proper times not just when I feel like it.
PLAN
I'll be using the my fitness pal app to help track my food and exercise. I'll be setting time frames for when I need to have my meals and I'll be planning my meals out for the week. I'm going to make myself eat slower so that I'll know when I'm truly full and not stuff myself so full that I feel gross.
I'm going to take more walks and play outside with my daughter and stop making excuses for not taking Chester to the dog park. I'm also going to stop making excuses for not going to the gym when my neighbor invites me.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Ok here is my habit that needs to go!!! I had to run to the doc...well i got done and on the drive was fast food place i wanted a snack...so. i bought ice cream cone....irts an ok choice but there was no need for it ....sigh. i normally use only cash...kind of hide a paper trail...i have gorten ride. Of all cash but how to stop that habit.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

AHA! I found it! Have just rummaged through old baby magazine pile and found my target article.... the one I read a couple of times and thought to myself "I should really pull that out and do that"...

"How To Get Rid Of Your Muffin Top!!!"  PERFECT! And I also found 'How to tone your butt!' Pages now officially pulled from mags and ready to be put into action... maybe even starting tonight seeing as Hubby shamed me this morning by seemingly effortlessly doing 20 push ups in front of me  XD

*waves back to kiwimlp!!* Congrats on your weight loss thus far - awesome! Oooh... and on the chocolate vibe, in the same article as 'Tone Your Butt' that I've found, it has some encouraging notes on our little vice:

"A study has suggested that a wee chocolate treat could be good for your heart"  (ooh yah!! Shall I go on?!) "But don't get too carried away"  (oh.)  "There are a few conditions to consider... to get the maximum benefit from your chocolate, it really needs to be dark" (suits me just fine!) "... and in very small quantities..." (Moo. But we still get to eat it, right!?!) "...blah blah study... they discovered that eating just one square of choc a day could cut the risk of heart attack and stroke by 39%. Eating 7.5g of choc daily also led to lower blood pressure, the study suggested." 

Well... better than nothing, right!?  ;)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
I'm running into a problem I've had before - consistency! I'll do so well on my diet one day (maybe 50 calories under the threshold) that I'll pig out the next day. I need to stop thinking that doing well one day gives me an excuse to abandon my eating plan the next. Especially because I notice the difference in my body. When I stick to my eating plan, especially cutting out starch and fats, I feel so much better! More energy, less aches and pains and digestive upset, better sleep. I think I need to work harder on preparing meals in advance :)

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, babystarz.  I don't count calories as such so I'm probably not much help, but are you sure you are having enough calories per day?  If you go too far under it will make you feel deprived and will encourage you to blow out.  I've been losing weight gradually but still having two pieces of chocolate a day.  That way I don't feel like I'm missing out too much.

On a side note, I stuck to my eating plan again today and went for a walk at lunchtime.

Post Merge: June 12, 2012, 01:13:01 AM

Lol, I was posting at the same time as you, Marlin.  I have tried to switch to dark chocolate but the only kind I really like is peppermint.  Otherwise I'm a dairy milk fan :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:13:01 AM by kiwimlp »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal