collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89260 times)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Hee hee... last night I asked my hubby if he wanted the super dark chocolate or the yummy macadamia milk chocolate with his evening cuppa. He gave this look, to which I replied... healthy habits doesn't have to start until June 16th!!  :lookround:  He then gave me a sheepish grin and we both went for the macadamia - so impressive that he is taking this so seriously!! Looks like he is going to watch what he eats with me.... awwww!!

But I have been very good so far.... in fact, I spent all day yesterday slugging and mulching through our titanic sized heap of vegetation yesterday (feeling it now though... if that ain't a work out, I don't know what is!).

Surfstar - have to say, you've been awesome keeping track of everything and everyone so far!

That is so awesome that your hubby is so on board with you! Gardening is an amazing workout, I helped my grandmother for years and years with hers (she grew roses). I think that a lot of the time people forget how taxing everyday chores can be.

And thank you, a big part of my job is organization and handling deadlines well. Between school and work, I've become the organization queen. I tend to drive my pack-rat hubby crazy at times.

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 09:20:09 PM

Does anyone have some good "light" recipes they would like to share?  I was thinking of sharing some of my favorites that I like to make.

Oh please do! I live in Texas and it's SO hot here. I can always use more 'light' recipes for my book. I hate having to cook during the summers here.

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 09:21:56 PM

I'm doing great today on portions... need to work out yet. blah so hot out today.. waiting for the sun to be close to setting to go for a walk!

I have that same problem Jazz. I always seem to be working out at 8:00-8:30 here just so it cools off. I'm definitely a Fall/Spring kind of person.

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 09:27:52 PM

Went walking downtown today! Haven't eaten a lot and only had half of my soda. We skipped the elevators and used the stairs while we were out walking. Had a lot of fun and got some mild exercise in.

That's awesome! =) I've gotten to where I start looking for the stairs now, I find them to be quicker than using the escalator or elevator.

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 09:28:18 PM

Im going to sign up for this...I really need to eat better.

I've added you as tentatively =)

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 09:29:59 PM

I'm a big grazer type of eater, so I've been trying to work on eating 3 solid meals and a light snack or too. So far so good. My parents insisted on taking me to the Chinese buffet today, but I limited myself to one plate of food and some egg drop soup.

That is awesome! That's usually what I try to do at buffets too. I do love Egg Drop Soup.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/egg-drop-soup-better-than-restaurant-quality/detail.aspx

I often use that recipe at home too, it really does taste good.

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 09:40:27 PM

Well yesterday I got off to a great start! I took my boyfriend hiking for his birthday and it was a serious work out! I was dying. Lol xD We went up and down at least 1000 stairs. Hahaha

And I'm sorry I haven't message you yet, Surfstar! I want to, but I just have no idea what I want as of yet! Haha I'm going to the pony convention in Orlando and I have nooooooo idea what I'll find and purchase from my wish list. Would it be okay if I sent you my wish list afterwards so then I'll know exactly what I want? Haha :) Thank you so much again for doing this! You are a rock star! :heart:

And did someone say tshirt? :) I would love to help design a HHoP mascot maybe? :3 Although I don't know how much help I would be actually designing a shirt. Lol

Ooh Hiking sounds like fun! Though here where I'm at it feels really flat compared to where I grew up.

No worries on the PM, if I haven't heard anything by the end of June I'll probably send out prompts just so I have enough time to look around for goodies. I'm updating/color coding the list up front to help keep myself organized more than anything else. Somedays, I feel like Twilight Sparkle in that I have to-do lists for my to-do lists!

I am totally open to any/all input for a Healthy Habits mascot. I'd love to see this take off where we could keep up a continuous support group. Maybe we should do one of the random ponies that Cardinal Melody used to do. Where we pick features/symbols and stuff.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:40:27 PM by SurfStar »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
I loved Pounds for Ponies, I'd like to join.  But I will have surgery (again... on the other hip... ugh) right in the middle so exercise is mostly out.  Would using my leg lifting machine for the required 9+ hours a day count?  Because for the first couple weeks, that is going to be my limit.  I'm 7 weeks out of surgery #1 and I'm finally walking without my crutches.  I even took the dogs for about a half-mile walk the other day!  And I'm barely limping.  So I should be back to this activity level by... September.  :faint:

I don't see why not Zenna. =) You and your Doctor know your limits far better than I do. Just adjust your Goals/Plan as needed =) I had knee surgery in high school, frankly the torture my PT put me through definitely counted as exercise!

Awesome, I think I'll participate again then  :)  For the first 6 weeks, PT was mostly just stretching.  But now that some of my restrictions have been lifted, it's getting gnarly.  I'll just fill out the form in a bit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
I'm gonna admit, die to the long weekend I haven't been eating healthy, but my fiancé and I took the dogs for a walk yesterday and today and they're about to go for another walk soon. :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
@ZennaBug: Awesome! I'll go add you to the list =)

I'm gonna admit, die to the long weekend I haven't been eating healthy, but my fiancé and I took the dogs for a walk yesterday and today and they're about to go for another walk soon. :)

Tomorrow's always another day =) Aren't pets great for motivation? I have an Australian Shepherd and he gives me the saddest looks when I can't take him for his walk. Often he comes over and puts his head in my lap and stares at me soulfully. He's got me very well trained!

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 09:56:08 PM

Its all about the healthy habits that you want for yourself:) so ifweight gain is what you need how would yo go about it? Thats really what it comes down to. As long as your goal is gaing some healthy habits all is good:)

This. Always, always this. =) Thank you for summing my feelings up perfectly!

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 09:57:28 PM

Did some dancing around while I was cleaning today, in an attempt to burn some calories.  =]  Had fun too. 

Starting yoga tomorrow night while DH is working and might go bowling with Ellie (my bff), and going to do karate Tuesday night.  =]  Will do yoga again after that.  I'm feeling rather pumped about this!  I am hoping it will ease some of my joint and back pain too.  =]

I always do my Yoga when my hubby is working too. Unless we are doing it together, otherwise I always feel self-conscious. Occasionally, I have to shoo him into the office.

I'm glad you're feeling pumped! Just remember to listen to your body and don't push yourself too hard.

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 10:01:30 PM

Another one to join the guilty party XD

I'm currently living on Cookie Crisp cereal, blackcurrant squash and baby food. Not good. At all. Ah well, I'll start pushing myself more after a nice chat with my lovely dietician. :]

I have an awesome dietician too. And eh, no need to feel guilty at all. Just remember that tomorrow is always another day. =) And usually, the fruit baby foods aren't too terrible.

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 10:04:51 PM

When are we officially starting? I may have succembed to my McCoys addiction :cry:

*hugs*   :hug: Aww, no need to feel guilty.

@Crowning_Glory: =) You're awesome! Thanks for answering questions and providing encouragement! *hugs* :hug:

Now, the scales had better come to the party!

Well I sent them an invite! =) I bet you're doing fabulously though.

Post Merge: June 10, 2012, 10:30:13 PM

@ Ponytails ~ Updated the front page! Great plan and goals! I like your emphasis on being healthy.

UK members, who would like a free snackbox of healthy food? :D

I get Graze boxes every fortnight, and I have a code so you can get a free box!

You simply go on the website (graze.com) and enter the code: R6T4B6H  and they'll deliver a box of free snacksies to your door. :)

I'd recommend it to anyone, because there are diet and nutrition specific boxes you can choose, healthier nibbles in great portions.. and the stuff is pretty great quality.

I wish they had these in the US!

I agree! I use some make-up companies like this, it would be awesome if they brought this over.

@DaffyDilly ~ Welcome to the group! Just don't go overboard on the exercise either, it's important to stay balanced. That's awesome that you're helping to restore a canal, it sounds like a nifty project.

I´m out after all. Got a summer job and with all the summer visits I don't think I´ll be able to commit. Hope there will be something in the autumn :)

Updated on the front page, should you change your mind just let me know =) Otherwise, super good luck with the job! I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

@nessa16 ~ Awesome! Welcome, I've updated the list on the front page to include you =) Your sleep schedule is better than mine. I usually go to bed around 2 and get up about 8 (at least during the summer).

Went horse riding yesterday :)  Was so much fun. Rode my old bud Bugs, did some jumping, played some games. All in all a good day with plenty of exercise!

That is awesome! I'm glad that you had fun, I bet Bugs did too.

had a tough day yesterday and the day before took a walk bothdays but drnk like 5 sodas each day ><

:hug: Hopefully today was/will be a better day. Yay for the walk! As for the soda's, well tomorrow is another day!

~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm glad to see everyone being so supportive. You guys are awesome.

Also, I've linked some of my favorite recipes below. Some of them I've 'modified' in my own recipe book to be healthier too (or remove some ingredients).

Vegan stuff:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-fajitas/detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-bean-taco-filling/detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-black-bean-soup/detail.aspx
http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-pizza-dough-10579 (I use this for my home-made pizza)

Light-Summery Foods
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tomato-cucumber-salad/detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-oatmeal-breakfast-smoothie/detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-hummus/detail.aspx (Love this with carrot 'chips')
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-fruit-and-yogurt-ice-pops/detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/annies-fruit-salsa-and-cinnamon-chips/detail.aspx (As a treat, once a month, maybe)
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=619519

@DaffyDilly ~ I will definitely be trying bean sprouts in my next stir fry too. I didn't even think of that.

And got the front page all updated! =) If I missed something, feel free to let me know!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:31:04 PM by SurfStar »

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
walked aroud target today for my walk and walmart only had 1 bottle of soda :Dand worked on customs the rest of the day today was good

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
Ok, here we go!

Your Username: stopxmotion
Your GOALS:
Have a healthy and productive schedule that I am routinely sticking with. This will be specific work, sleep, and free time (which I want to be able to enjoy and not feel guilty.)

Your PLAN:

-I'm going to be in bed by 1am and up at 9am. If I get to bed later I will still make myself get up at my wake up time. I sleep way too much.
-I already walk at least once a day, in the evening. If I have errands to run it's a lot more, since I don't drive. But I'm going to be including morning walks to my schedule as well.
-Work has to be a part of my plan because I set my own work times and I really want to have the same work schedule every day.. which I've never had. Still have to figure out ideal work time, but I want it to be a 6 hour minimum every day.
-I'm going to cook at least one meal a week so I feel like I'm eating some dinner that isn't always a microwaved pizza. I'm also going to buy fruit and veggies to eat as snacks at lunchtime. I may alter this part a little bit if my funds allow.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
what about if you want to *gain* weight?

Being the kind person that I am, I will send you 10kgs for free!!  Just give my your address and I'll get them on their way to you. hehe.  Good on you for joining up.  I'm sure you will be able to find some extra pounds if you carefully up your calorie intake :)

Surfstar, you are such a sweetie replying to evey post/person on the thread.  Thanks for your support :hug:

I had a fairly good eating day today. It was cold and wet but I took a jacket and brolly and went for a walk in the rain.  :)

Oh, and my scales say I have just rolled over to a total 4kg weight loss.  :frolic:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
I did far too much yesterday so am now a quivering wreck on the sofa. And when I say too much, I *drumroll*...

...went to a small bootsale and glossed a door :lmao:

FM sucks! I'm going to add pacing myself better to my list of goals too, it's one thing I'm absolutely terrible at doing as I just get so frustrated because in my head I can do everything I used to do and want to do, but physically I'm just not able to do it. Meh.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
I did far too much yesterday so am now a quivering wreck on the sofa. And when I say too much, I *drumroll*...

...went to a small bootsale and glossed a door :lmao:

FM sucks! I'm going to add pacing myself better to my list of goals too, it's one thing I'm absolutely terrible at doing as I just get so frustrated because in my head I can do everything I used to do and want to do, but physically I'm just not able to do it. Meh.

Hey! Those doors can be sneaky sometimes. I definitely understand the need for pacing, I mentioned earlier that I had some serious surgery on my knee when I was in high school. It was so frustrating to be so limited. =)

Have you tried writing down a schedule? One of my things I do before bed is write out a brief schedule for the next day. I've found it helped me with pacing and getting things done =)

@kiwi ~ I think it's important for everyone to know I'm reading everything and that I'm definitely here to offer any support I can to everyone. Also congrats on the loss! That is awesome!

@stopxmotion ~ Welcome! I'll update the front page here in a bit.

Post Merge: June 11, 2012, 07:22:57 AM

Also another nifty recipe for vegan/vegetarian's (or just people that are lactose intolerant too!)

3 ingredient peanut butter cup vegan ice cream!

So EASY you can probably find these ingredients in your pantry RIGHT NOW! :)

- 1 Banana (I often use plain greek yogurt, that I've allowed to drain overnight as I am allergic to bananas)

-3 tbsp Cocoa Powder (you could also substitute this for other flavorings, but you might want to check that it goes well with PB)

- 2 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter (if allergic to peanuts/nuts try soy butter or any others that have the approximate consistency)

Blend Banana in blender until smooth, slowly add in cocoa, then add in Peanut Butter, Freeze for one hour or until desired consistency.

VIOLA! Delicious ice cream!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:22:57 AM by SurfStar »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
I so have to try that ice cream recipe when I get a freezer! :cheer:

I'm awful at making timed schedules - I have a list of what needs to be done every day, but I can't do a schedule as I just don't know how bad I'm going to be from one day to the next. But it could be worse :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Pinkamena ~ That makes a lot of sense =) At least you're being positive about it. *hugs*

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
That ice cream recipe sounds awesome! I'll have to make some tonight for dessert!

I love to eat out, but the portions are always so huge I take at least half home with me. When I order, I ask the server to put 1/2 of my entree my plate & go ahead & box up the other half for me to take home. So anyone who likes to eat out can try that. On top of making good restaurant choices that can save you a few calories, plus you have another ready made meal to have the next day at home.

So if we made a mascot for HH4P, what would her (or his!) symbol/ cutie mark be? A jump rope? An apple or pear? What symbolizes healthiness? Maybe some play on the American Heart Association logo or some similar organization? I'm all for designing a mascot, but I can't draw at all. It's be cool to have an adoptable for our sigs!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Watch out guys…long post is going to be long :P
I want to do this because over the course of the past few years, and the past few months specifically, I have just felt awful about myself. My self-confidence is completely in the trash, none of my clothes fit, I hate the way my body looks and the extra weight has brought on a plethora of horrible health problems. I have IBS, my thighs chafe so bad when I walk that I can’t wear skirts any more, and I have developed heartburn/acid reflux so severe that my chest constricts and sends me into a panic attack which has already made me physically ill more than once. The cycle of guilt–guilt eating-more guilt has made my depression spiral completely out of control. I am making impulse food purchases all the time and just not caring. This has to stop, there has to be a breaking point or I will end up obese and broke and even more miserable than I am now with no real hope of things ever changing.

Your Username: Rhini

•  Height: 5’8”
•  Weight: 196
•  Measurements –
Chest: 43 (Boobs are completely out of control huge)
Waist: 38
Hips: 43

•  GOALS:
•  My number one goal is to get back to a healthy weight where I can feel comfortable and confident in my body. Ideally that’s around 150 lbs, but my realistic goal for this is 160.
•  No more binge eating. I suffer from fairly severe depression, and when I have en episode I binge eat like crazy.
•  No more vending machine purchases at work out of boredom.
•  No more impulse purchases. No stops at the gas station or grocery store or my favorite cupcake place. Unless it is a planned treat, it’s not allowed.
•  Exercise 3 times a week. I HATE exercise so I don’t think it’s realistic for me to do it every day, but if I can squeeze in a walk or something at home before my shower times I should be able to at least do it sometimes.
•  Get control back in general. I find that my depression leads me not only to binge eat, but has really run all other aspects of my life as well. I make impulse purchases, things around the house and my room pile up and never get done. The weight loss is really just a small part of getting my life back together and not being a victim to myself. I want to start drawing, reading, gaming, and seeing my friends more regularly. As of now, I don’t do any of these things at all. I pretty much come home, watch TV and surf the Internet and that’s my life.

•  PLAN:
•  Eat healthier- no more snacks, no dessert every night, no more fast food or impulse foods
•  Portion control- Right now I’m eating at least double what I need/should be eating every meal. I never feel full. I want to feel full again after eating a correct portion.
•  Drink more water. I already don’t drink soda or anything, so I really just need to make sure I’m drinking my tall 4-5 glasses a day
•  Eat more fresh veggies/fruits and cook more; less canned/boxed/frozen meals
•  Exercise, clean, do SOMETHING active most nights
•  Find a healthier outlet when feeling depressed. No more eating or going shopping to fill the voids in my life.
•  Go out and do things, don’t just sit inside so much. If inside, be working on a project whether that be drawing/cleaning ponies/customizing.

Honestly, I don't really want anything but to feel good about myself for once in my life and not fall back into this horrible cycle again and again. I'll think about it today and try and PM you a wishlist by the end of the day SurfStar.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
what about if you want to *gain* weight?

*waves*

The person SurfStar mentioned would be me. :] You're not on your own!
Fight like a girl..

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
That ice cream recipe sounds awesome! I'll have to make some tonight for dessert!

So if we made a mascot for HH4P, what would her (or his!) symbol/ cutie mark be? A jump rope? An apple or pear? What symbolizes healthiness? Maybe some play on the American Heart Association logo or some similar organization? I'm all for designing a mascot, but I can't draw at all. It's be cool to have an adoptable for our sigs!

I wanted to start adding recipes since you'd asked for some a while back =)

The symbol is what has me a little stumped too actually. I was thinking some combination of eating/exercise/mental feeling representation. =)

Quote from: Rhini
I want to do this because over the course of the past few years, and the past few months specifically, I have just felt awful about myself. My self-confidence is completely in the trash, none of my clothes fit, I hate the way my body looks and the extra weight has brought on a plethora of horrible health problems. I have IBS, my thighs chafe so bad when I walk that I can’t wear skirts any more, and I have developed heartburn/acid reflux so severe that my chest constricts and sends me into a panic attack which has already made me physically ill more than once. The cycle of guilt–guilt eating-more guilt has made my depression spiral completely out of control. I am making impulse food purchases all the time and just not caring. This has to stop, there has to be a breaking point or I will end up obese and broke and even more miserable than I am now with no real hope of things ever changing.

*hugs* Well, I will do my best to be supportive. I recently finished a good book by Dr. Michelle May, she does fantastic seminars about guilt/comfort eating and really talks about how easily food becomes associated with certain feelings. I liked it because it emphasized a no-guilt approach to eating and breaking the diet-lose-gain cycle of eating. *hugs* Again, I'll definitely do my very best to be supportive!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal