collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89430 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
DDR!!!!!! Love it..i have it for the wii!!! I also love just dance for the wii!!! Towards the end of pounds for ponies i added wrist an ankle weights so even on easy i was getting a work out:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile

Your Username: bandit pony
Your GOALS:

Healthier eating-- to be less reliant on quick snacks and processed foods.
Become flexible-- I find it embarrassing I can't touch my toes
Stop being a sloth-- be more active when I get home
If I lost an inch or two too, I'd be happy ^^ I'm skinny enough, so weight isn't a big concern for me.

Your PLAN:
I need to chart it out how it'd work, but I'd like to gradually work my way off of snack foods, and be less reliant on wheat.
I will immediately start with lunch, and start packing salads to work. I often skip lunch, and eat cheese its on the way home. Not that I like them, but it's convenient.
I will next tackle dinners, and instead of eating foods out of a box, utilize fresh produce (especially since it's summer!). I hope to start off by cooking one day a week, two days a week, etc. I want to plan for meals ahead of time, and be prepared. 
^__^; By the end, I want to be eating more healthy, and not be eating so much wheat/processed foods because it is convenient.

As for exercise, I want to start off doing yoga for 20-40 minutes a day.
I am embarrassed to say I am out of shape. I want to try to figure out an exercise that would be good for me. I really want to ride my bike, but to be honest, I have panic attacks when I leave the house. ;;* So I'm not sure how that would work out.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 07:01:59 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
@banditpony ~ Welcome to the group! Not being able to touch my toes it why I started doing Yoga. I also have to be careful with my joints since I have pins in one of my knees from a snowboarding accident when I was younger.

Also, I've got some really terrible social anxiety, so I definitely empathize with not leaving the house much. I do most of my workouts via DVD. If you've got Netflix, there are a couple of Yoga work outs there too.

Also, I've updated the first post with a list of all the participants. If you're blue, everything is good. I've gotten everything and I've set up your box. If I'm missing anything, I posted that in red next to the person's name. While those that have not sent me a PM will be included, I just haven't made their folders/boxes yet.

If it just says "Tentatively" that means you've posted but haven't filled out the Goals/Plans part or sent me a PM.

So everyone, just double check to make sure I didn't miss anyone =) I think I've got everyone, but I want to be sure.

As an aside, my husband needs to stop getting afternoons off work. I get way less accomplished when he is home distracting me XD

Edit: If we want to do DDR/Just Dance challenges amongst those that are interested I'm totally game! I have to say that right now I am playing on easy since I have all the coordination and grace of a drunken moose. I hadn't realized how out of shape I'd gotten.

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I'm super excited for this xD

I went to another yoga class today and it was sooooo fun. Now I'm pondering a little bit of a walk. I think I'm going to struggle the most with the eating side of this 'cause I still don't eat as clean as I want to and then on the other hand I still obsess over it, but I'm getting better.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
only drank 2 sodas yester day instead my usely 5 and went on a walk also got up at 12 instead of 2 today :D

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
only drank 2 sodas yester day instead my usely 5 and went on a walk also got up at 12 instead of 2 today :D

Woo! That's pretty awesome actually. I slept in till 10. I was supposed to get up at 7, but I didn't sleep much the night before due to some really loud storms where I live.

Lemontwist@ I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yoga! I know what you mean about the foods, the nutrition part is where I struggle the most too.

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
I'll send you a pm soon. ^_^ it's the long weekend for me so I'll have plenty of time to think up a wish list.

Also, I'm planning on exercising this weekend! ^.^
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Welcome! Those are good reasons! I love horseback riding, it's the one thing that I really miss about moving to a city. There just aren't very many places that offer riding and I'm past the point where a sedate trail ride is too much fun.

Do you primarily ride for fun or do you participate in different equestrian events?

Thanks for having me, Surfstar.  I used to do a lot of showjumping and eventing with my old horse but now I mainly ride for fun.  I am hoping to do a fewlow-key  jumping and dressage days with my new girl this season.
Posted by egyptiondragon:

only drank 2 sodas yester day instead my usely 5 and went on a walk also got
up at 12 instead of 2 today visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's a good change.  I found it so hard to kick the fizzy drink habit but eventually I did and now I only crave water when I'm thirsty (lol, this is about my only permanent good eating habit!).

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:44:37 PM

Today I have had breakfast, lunch and a small snack for afternoon tea so far.  I am hoping not to have anything at all after dinner but if I cave, I have two pieces of chocolate set aside so I don't eat the whole block.  I also took my horse for a ride along the beach and spent the day shifting electric tape.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:44:37 PM by kiwimlp »

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
I sent you a pm with my wish list I hope it's okay. :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Ok sign me up! I will work on my post etc.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Well this is just great:P I am leaving on a trip this thursday...in travel it normally water. If we pick up fast food it is normally just the sandwich so travel to point A to point B is not my worry....its the other days that I am mostly eating out. it is a convention event so I do not know if we will have food made for us...or if we have to find our own food...I am good at making better choices but we all know most restaurant food is sneaky calorie blow out:P So I might have to loose my cal points at the start of this even:(

I wanted to see if this would be cheating my plan...kind of need some impute. If I made sure to eat half or less of a restaurant meal or take on a salad even if all cut backs take me over my cal goal to get my cal point...could I still take the point? or would that be kind of cheating the purpose and possible make me compromise later down the road.

I want to be fair for one thing...and two just need some ideas that could help out way to start a healthy habits journey:P
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Crowning_Glory, how you monitor your nutrition point is up to you I think! What I would do is while you're on your trip, don't monitor going by calories, but by the choices you make. If the majority of food choices you make in a day are healthy, then you earn your point. Remember this one is about learning healthy habits, not counting calories :) Even if weight loss is one of your goals, the most important thing is that you enjoy your trip and feel good about your choices! So that's my input. Long story short, your plan is yours to manipulate in whatever way fits your life at the time. One set plan is not always going to work because.... life happens! That's part of learning healthy habits, as far as I'm concerned.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I play DDR, or at least I used to. Now I play Dance Central on the xbox kinect. I hold little 1 1/2 pound weights and it really works my arms! I have a DDR mat & a couple of games for the PS2 if anyone is interested. I'll sell them cheap or trade for ponies!

Last night's spicy stir fry veggies were awesome! I think the next time I buy rice I'll get brown rice, though.

I'm a little worried about the MLP Fair, and eating out. I plan on bringing some healthy snacks, but the hotel does not have a fridge or microwave so I'll be eating meals out a lot. Maybe if anyone else here is going to the Fair we could meet up for lunch and find healthy places to eat. OH! We could make t shirts! If anyone is artsy and wants to design a HH for Ponies t shirt I'll totally buy one and wear it proudly! Then we could all find each other at the Fair, lol.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Something like this wouldnt help me, personally (my condition is medically related) but I do wish those going for it the best of luck <3

Actually, I need to try to set my own goals anyway.  More like trying to build a tolerance to do stuff without having episodes or getting sick.  Cant control what I eat though..had to cut 95% of everything out :/

So ill probably be doing something on the side ^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
I've decided I'm going to sign up then.. as long as food doesn't have to be a major part of it. I do need to develop other healthier habits in my life. I will try to at least eat more fruits and veggies, but I don't need to lose weight.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal