collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who else loves Game of Thrones?  (Read 6924 times)

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
Re: Who else loves Game of Thrones?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »
Have loved the books for yeaaaars. Haven't seen the series yet. Was pretty pleased when I first heard about it being made into a TV series... but also worried they'd mess it up!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 06:42:05 PM »
Have loved the books for yeaaaars. Haven't seen the series yet. Was pretty pleased when I first heard about it being made into a TV series... but also worried they'd mess it up!

You have nothing to fear from the first two seasons. The producers are going an awesome job.

Loved the finale!  It was awesome to see Drogo make an appearance.  I know Dany say him in the books but I didn't think they would bother getting Jason back for one scene in the show  :inlove: :inlove:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 06:35:13 AM »
Loved the finale!  It was awesome to see Drogo make an appearance.  I know Dany say him in the books but I didn't think they would bother getting Jason back for one scene in the show  :inlove: :inlove:

Oh man, I cried through that whole scene. It didn't help matters much that
Spoiler
I was already gutted from Maester Luwin getting killed just a few moments prior. I knew it was going to happen having read the book but it was still heartbreaking all the same.

Love it! Can't wait for season 3 and I have almost finished Snow and Steel, have been so obsessed that i have almost finished a set of customs for ponycon! Wanna see a sneak peak? Yeah off course you do and i really want to show these off!........

They all have the motos on the NDS side too

Just finished House Baratheon but haven't had chance to take pics yet and I plan on doing Houses Tully, Tryell and Martell too! What do you think?

These are wonderful customs! You did such a fantastic job on their sigils and I love the colors. I think the Lannister pony is my favorite, the pose is perfect. I can't wait to see any future houses. :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:40:44 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 06:35:50 AM »
I like it :)  :blush:

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »
Oh. My. Gods. Assassin_kitty, I am speechless at your amazing customs. With the words and the breathing, I can't even.
Don't look for me!

Lavender_Lace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 10:43:30 PM »
It's my favorite series.  I started reading the books back in '98 and have bought the first one for at least 10 different people.  My 7 year old is named after Arya Stark, and my youngest, her middle name is Liana.  (Lyanna just looked odd with her first name so we changed the spelling)  How's that for nerdy?   :nuts: :lol:

The books are so much more complex, and while I think HBO is doing a wonderful job with the show, there are still things that I think that have been left out that would help with clarity for those who haven't read the books.  The first time I read the series, the house lines did confuse me a bit and I had to keep referencing the lists in the back.  But, having read the series 6 times now, it's really amazing how he has woven them all together.  As I've become more familiar with all of the characters, it's just added to the rich texture of the world. 

My favorite characters are Tryion, Jon Snow, and Arya.  I'm really interested in seeing where he takes Sansa and Sandor Clegane as well.  He's left a lot of room for character growth for them both in the next novel.  The only novel that I felt had too much pointless filler was Dance with Dragons.  I really don't need to read about how much arbor gold they drank and how many lamprey pies there were, or how many steaming bowls full of turnips swimming in butter there were.  He way over used the phrase "leal servant" as well.  But those are really just small complaints.  I kind of want to go back and read both A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons, but with their chapters blended in chronological order.  (they were originally one book, but it was getting too huge, so he split it)  Storm of Swords is probably my favorite of the books so far.

And Assassin Kitty, your customs are insanely awesome.  The sigils you painted are beyond perfect!!  And the house words on the other side!! ::dies::

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »
That is really cool about your kids' names, Lavender_Lace. :D

And Assassin Kitty, your customs are insanely awesome.  The sigils you painted are beyond perfect!!  And the house words on the other side!! ::dies::

Yes, the sigil symbols, holy carpfish! How on earth did you get them looking like that, Assassin_Kitty? They look like temporary tattoos, they're so sharp.
Don't look for me!

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 11:38:08 AM »
That is really cool about your kids' names, Lavender_Lace. :D

Yes, the sigil symbols, holy carpfish! How on earth did you get them looking like that, Assassin_Kitty? They look like temporary tattoos, they're so sharp.

Have to agree they are awesome names!
Ha they took forever to paint with the tiniest paint brush, it has like 5 hairs on it!

Almost finished Steel and snow now but I've kinda slowed down as i don't have the next one yet! must do some ebay shopping and pick it up.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »
Love it! Can't wait for season 3 and I have almost finished Snow and Steel, have been so obsessed that i have almost finished a set of customs for ponycon! Wanna see a sneak peak? Yeah off course you do and i really want to show these off!........

(...)

They all have the motos on the NDS side too

(...)

Just finished House Baratheon but haven't had chance to take pics yet and I plan on doing Houses Tully, Tryell and Martell too! What do you think?

Wow! Amazing  :shocked:

Offline assassin_kitty

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2012, 08:27:23 PM »
Ah just finished the first part of the 3rd book, loved it! Can't believe we have to wait until next year for season 3!

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 02:46:49 AM »
I really don't need to read about how much arbor gold they drank and how many lamprey pies there were, or how many steaming bowls full of turnips swimming in butter there were.

Hahaha, I assumed Martin was a foodie.  He is forever describing in great detail everything than anyone eat. 

They've actually made a cookbook based on the food of ASOIAF...kinda want it, not gonna lie.

Aednatia

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 03:39:50 AM »
Revealed in the book not tv.. I would have never looked this up other wise until I stumbled upon it in deviant. I want to go read the book and figure out how much I'm missing. All though I'm not sure it really matters to know what the saying means.

Spoiler
I saw the pic below and I was like isn't the the name of the last episode in GoT. So I looked it up to double check and sure enough it was.. and I never would have known what it meant, cause I never thought to wiki anything other then release dates. Now I kinda want it for a tattoo..

http://browse.deviantart.com/traditional/bodyart/?order=5&offset=624#/d54stpv

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 03:50:27 AM »
oh, i love the show but havenĀ“t read the books yet. the tattoo is interesting indeed! i thought it was a name, not a saying. XD
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline assassin_kitty

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 07:21:59 AM »
All men must die tattoo = awesome!

NumiTuziNeru

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »
I've just started the first book and I wanna marathon the series over the summer.

Tyrion is solid gold, I can't wait till Brienne shows up, and Arya is my spirit animal.

So far.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal