collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who else loves Game of Thrones?  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who else loves Game of Thrones?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 12:26:18 AM »
I'm trying to read the book before I watch the show, because I like to see them in my head first XD I used to wonder what the hype was all about, but when a friend told me it was a little like Skyrim, I had to read it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 01:46:03 AM »
ooh, yes! Hubby and I really enjoyed the first season, and subsequently bought the first four books. However... whilst I enjoyed the first three books very much, I have to say that right now I am utterly bored stiff by the fourth (Feast for Crows)... Someone PLEASE tell me it picks up!!!  >_<

I'm half way through, and rather disappointed by the absence of a couple of characters, and wishing he'd stick the main stories from the initial three... Whilst I admire the complicated world and vast amount of characters Martin has created, it almost feels like he's spreading it too far and thin for me now, and not a lot in general is happening... I chewed through the first three books in about a month (despite his page after page descriptions of sigils and what people are wearing and a lot of almost non relevant background histories), but it's been at least three weeks since I started the fourth and I'm finding such a lack of motivation with it!! Anyone else feel the same way, or is it just me?  :huh:

Despite my rant above though, I am desperately looking forward to watching the 2nd season when I get a chance! Absolutely delighting in the luscious visual details brought to screen in the first season and have high hopes for the second!

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 02:03:43 AM »
Me, me, me!  :lol:
 Tyrion and Arya are my favs. I love his wit and her strenght.

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 02:05:47 AM »
LOVE IT~!
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 04:43:56 AM »
Game of thrones i great... but theres only one episode of this season left tomorrow :(

but at least there will be true blood to watch after it ends hehe

Couldn't have said it better.  I hope this season of TB is better than the last though.  I found a lot of it to be boring. 

My favourite GoT character is Tyroin.  He is more of a man than any of the others on the show imo and he is very bright.  I also lust after Khal Drogo because he is played by my current man-crush Jason Momoa.

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 05:43:32 AM »
I just started watching it.  I'm only a couple of episodes in, but I am hooked!  I really like Daenerys, Tyrion and John Snow.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 07:37:26 AM »
Love the show and the books!

Jon Snow, Tyrion, and the Hound are fascinating.

Post Merge: June 03, 2012, 07:39:29 AM

ooh, yes! Hubby and I really enjoyed the first season, and subsequently bought the first four books. However... whilst I enjoyed the first three books very much, I have to say that right now I am utterly bored stiff by the fourth (Feast for Crows)... Someone PLEASE tell me it picks up!!!  >_<

I'm half way through, and rather disappointed by the absence of a couple of characters, and wishing he'd stick the main stories from the initial three... Whilst I admire the complicated world and vast amount of characters Martin has created, it almost feels like he's spreading it too far and thin for me now, and not a lot in general is happening... I chewed through the first three books in about a month (despite his page after page descriptions of sigils and what people are wearing and a lot of almost non relevant background histories), but it's been at least three weeks since I started the fourth and I'm finding such a lack of motivation with it!! Anyone else feel the same way, or is it just me?  :huh:

Despite my rant above though, I am desperately looking forward to watching the 2nd season when I get a chance! Absolutely delighting in the luscious visual details brought to screen in the first season and have high hopes for the second!

For the end of the 3rd and 4th books I started reading them differently. I would jump around and read by character and I've enjoyed that much more. I do miss some stuff but then I find out when I read the other character perspectives.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:39:29 AM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 09:11:51 AM »
I've read the books years ago and I've been excited about the show ever since I first heard plans of them making it :D

It's a great show although I think the sex and gore are a bit too much at times. Also, the show makes some things very explicit which in the books are more left to your imagination, which isn't always how I imagined it. Still, as far as book-to-tv adaptions go, it's a wonderful series and really faithful to the source material!

Also I love the actor who plays Tyrion. He does such a fantastic job!

I do agree that the later books are too drawn out. He should have condensed the story more and he should have stuck to some main plot lines because sometimes it feels like the story is all over the place. Still I do think the final 2 books will be better again as they are going to wrap things up.

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »

It does pick up!....A little....Near the end. =^^;= A Feast for Crows is the only book in the series where I actually found myself so bored at one point that it was a struggle to keep reading. (It was the chapter that consisted pretty much solely of a royal council meeting that did me in. Did we really need an *entire* chapter of people sitting around discussing the economy and listing names, Mr. Martin? No. No, we did not.) I was once asked to summarize the book for a friend who hadn't read it yet, and I did it in one sentence: "Everybody walks, and nothing happens."

I'm about three-quarters of the way through A Dance with Dragons, and it has much more going on than in book four! Not nearly the epic levels of action and suspense that were in the first three books, but still much more entertaining. They're breaking up the third book into two seasons for TV, but I think they could easily condense the fourth and fifth books into a single season, and it would only improve the story.

My biggest complaint with the series? Martin is King of Lists, I swear. I once tried to count how many times he confused "list" with "exposition" in one chapter, and lost count after only a few pages. If the character is never going to show up in person, or will only be around for a few sentences, we really don't need to know their name (which they almost inevitably share with six other people, and that's fine in the real world, but in fiction it's just confusing), their family's entire history, and their sigils and banner colours. Look, I can make lists too! XD

Still, though, the series is one of my favourites. :) I really can't wait to see more of the TV series. The boxset needs to have a good sale, and soon! We were hoping to find a great Memorial Day deal, but no luck there. Ah well, maybe later.
Don't look for me!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 03:32:46 PM »

My biggest complaint with the series? Martin is King of Lists, I swear. I once tried to count how many times he confused "list" with "exposition" in one chapter, and lost count after only a few pages. If the character is never going to show up in person, or will only be around for a few sentences, we really don't need to know their name (which they almost inevitably share with six other people, and that's fine in the real world, but in fiction it's just confusing), their family's entire history, and their sigils and banner colours. Look, I can make lists too! XD

Hear Hear!!! Talk about snore factor.... If it's going to be relevant later on, then absolutely include it... but so often these events in his books just take up pages! Like you, Mystagic, I too am(was) really enjoying the series (glad to hear things get moving again towards the end of the book!!  :lol: ) but I sometimes wonder whether his best seller status allowed for loose editing, and he's been given a bit too much free rein (happened a little in the Harry Potter series too). Still, have to admire the complexity he has achieved, even if I do sometimes think such longwinded detail would be better served as a footnote that is optional to read! He has created some terrific, engrossing characters, that cannot be doubted, but the progressive scope of things is proving a little detracting at times for me (again, just a personal opinion).

Sorry, I know the above sounds awfully critical  :blush:  I've personally dubbed the books 'Medieval Coronation St', the nature of thus whilst very paced, is also terribly addictive with enough cliffhangers to keep turning the pages  :biggrin:  (I don't watch Coro, but it seems a good comparison  :lookround: )

I'm going to shut up now before I upset somebody!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »
I'm reading it and hoping I can get HBO to watch it. I'm reading it super slow though, and only a bit past halfway through the first book. I'm loving it. Heh, and I totally see what you mean about 'lists'. Especially during the tournament. Though it is slightly cool to learn about people.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Scarab

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »
I love Game of Thrones! Tyrion and Arya is my favourite characters and I'm always nervous when they get themselves into a possibly dangerous situation.  :lol:
Wish season 3 could start now, now, now!  :frolic:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 08:56:47 AM »
I watched the season 2 finale last night since I was too lazy to watch it Sunday and man! It was epic! Especially like the last 3 or so min which I won't talk about but oh mah gawds lol

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 09:02:27 AM »
Epic season finally  :biggrin:

Can't wait for season three

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »
Love it! Can't wait for season 3 and I have almost finished Snow and Steel, have been so obsessed that i have almost finished a set of customs for ponycon! Wanna see a sneak peak? Yeah off course you do and i really want to show these off!........

They all have the motos on the NDS side too

Just finished House Baratheon but haven't had chance to take pics yet and I plan on doing Houses Tully, Tryell and Martell too! What do you think?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal