collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who else loves Game of Thrones?  (Read 6923 times)

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Who else loves Game of Thrones?
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »
Lets chat about it :D

I wasn't too convinced about it for the first few episodes, I didn't get what people were raving about but now I'm super into it!

My fave character is John Snow (like many others I guess...) aghhhh he's just so cute! and I love the wolves too.

I would really like to read the books but I'm super busy at the moment so I guess they will have to wait a while.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Who else loves Game of Thrones?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:27:48 AM »
I have GOT to catch up on it now that I have HBO Go.  I read the first three books, though.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »
So far I like the first season better than two. Season two seems more like they are just building drama to prepare for season three. I was really disappointed in episode 9 and hope 10 makes up for it. I don't have HBO so I wait for my coworker to bring me a copy on mondays.

Offline Ice_gypsy

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:55:53 AM »
Game of thrones i great... but theres only one episode of this season left tomorrow :(

but at least there will be true blood to watch after it ends hehe

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Nope, I love 'A Song of Ice and Fire' ;) I confess, I've not seen ANY of the series, though I probably will. My fiance put me onto the books after he watched the show, and I was hooked. Finished all of the published books in...1 and a half months, I think? Was totally lost when I'd finished, didn't know what to do with myself! They're definitely worth a read!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline SpaRx

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
I looove the show (and the books, though I've only read the first 3).  :blush:
Can't wait for the last episode even though it kinda sucks that the season will be all over.

I'm so gonna have to buy book 4 & 5 whenever I go to Reykjavik togotomyfavouritestoreever  :)

I think everyone (almost everyone anyway) agrees with you on Jon Snow :P My fav character's Arya though, that kid's awesome.
:silly:

glowinshanka

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
me!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:08:59 PM »
I really enjoy the show. I'm fond of Rob (yes yes I know! Le sigh~), Arya, Jon Snow, and Daenaerys. At this point though, I'm sort of running a betting pool on what happens XD

I'm working my way through the books this month. I've watched all of Season 1 and I'll watch season 2 when it comes out on DVD.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »
Love the books, love the show. I don't know what the heck I'm going to look forward to on TV after this coming Sunday. I feel like I waited forever for season 2 to start and it just went by too quickly.

I think my favorite characters are Daenerys, Tyrion, Jaime, Brienne, and Arya. It's really tough to choose though, even some of the more despicable characters are compelling in their own right and the show has even changed my mind on a few  just because I enjoy the actor playing them so much. I'm really happy that they're currently casting most of the characters they left out from Clash of Kings for the third season.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:23:57 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 02:21:32 PM »
My favorite books EVER! I read the first one when I was 14 and was hooked on the world. That was 14 years ago, lol. The first season was really well done. I have not seen anything of the second tho. Sadly it wont come to Sweden until next year for some stupid reason. My boyfriend who's not into that kind of thing at all, looked interested when I wacthed the last episode of season 1, so I hope I can get him into watching it soon! :D

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »
Can I just say that last weeks episode was straight up craaaazy?! Holy poop! I just sat there mouth agape lol.

I loved this series so much that I marathoned all 5 books (roughly 5,000 pages XD) over the course of a few months and I loved every second of it. The show has done a pretty good job so far of only cutting things that are unnecessary but it worries me where they'll take it. I hope Martin writes these last few a little faster

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 04:10:59 PM »
haha, I am buying the DVD soon as I am done spending money on wedding stuff for all the weddings that take place this time of year!  I adore the books though, so initially I was kind of iffy on wanting to watch the show as sometimes shows are so horrible in comparison to books, but enough people who liked the books for years seem to like the show, so...

As far as the books, I like Tyrion, Sandor (swear he's going to do something to surprise us all in the end), Brienne, and Jamie and Sansa (because they both develop and change so much over the course of the book.  I hated Sansa in the beginning, but have grown to love her character).

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 05:20:16 PM »
I FINALLY got to see the first four episodes this past weekend! I really enjoyed it. It's just incredible how well they cast the HBO show with a limited budget. I couldn't imagine anyone else playing characters like Tyrion and Jon. I understand why they had to age up Daenerys (and most of the other child characters), but I'm still getting used to her being a woman instead of a little girl. XD I have heard complaints that HBO sometimes sacrifices the plot in favour of sex and violence, but I haven't seen enough to have an opinion on that. Sex and violence in general are distasteful to me, so I hope it's not as excessive as some people claim. :) Overall, my opinion on the show has been a very mature "OMG MUST HAVE MORE OMG!!" *LOL*

The Wall, you guys! That thing was incredible! I wondered how they were going to pull it off and make it as impressive as it's described in the book, but I think HBO outdid themselves on the Wall. Even my friends who knew nothing of the books were raving about it. I kept hearing people say that the Wall was like another character in the TV series, and I definitely agree. Every time it shows up, it's like I'm seeing my favourite human characters enter the scene, and I miss it when it's not around for a while. Maybe it's kinda silly that I'm fangirling over a wall of snow and ice, but I am. XD

Though I was kinda annoyed at having to wait a year after all my friends to see any of the TV show. XD I'm the only one who's read the books in our group, and I started reading them back in the late 1990s when there were only three out. So it seemed a little unfair that I'm the one who had to wait the longest to see the show when I've been a fan of the series the longest, haha.
Don't look for me!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 06:18:08 PM »
Not me. Not my thing. I'm glad you are enjoying it though.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 08:30:41 PM »
I love it!!! Only just finished watching the first series, Its not on Tv in Oz, my partner had to download it, were up to season 2 this weekend. Cant wait.
I love them all!!! But especially love the wolves!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal