collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare Molly dolls with color hair?  (Read 3544 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Rare Molly dolls with color hair?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »
The Molly-style dolls are soooo cute, but NBBE Baby Sundance is really what has me clawing futilely at the screen.  Whyyyy, Hasbro, whyyyyy didn't you release her?

Yeah, that poster with the drawing on them on it was interesting . . . Among other weirdness, Kingsley the lion was named "Ruffles"!

Also the white-haired Molly-looking doll was called Ginger, whereas she had a different name in that catalogue with the photos, I believe.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:40:34 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Brightsong

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
I'm surprised nobody attempted to make customs of them.

It's funny you mention that, because as I was looking at the posted promotion pictures I literally said out loud, to my boyfriend, "I feel a custom coming on."

SapphireCookie

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »
I don't know how to customize ponies and dolls quite very well, but I would love to learn and make my own rainbow Molly set! I have one extra Molly who's hair is djfhgdkjfhgksdjhf, she may just be the first candidate someday.

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »
I wonder if Kelly dolls would do?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

SapphireCookie

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 04:54:41 PM »
I wonder if Kelly dolls would do?

They might, and would be alot cheaper to get. I don't know how much Molly dolls sell for these days.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »
Didn't they get re-used as Moondreamers toys?
The faces look different than the MoonDreamers I have, but it could be...I don't have the younger characters, so maybe...

SapphireCookie

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »
Didn't they get re-used as Moondreamers toys?
The faces look different than the MoonDreamers I have, but it could be...I don't have the younger characters, so maybe...

I did some looking around at Moondreamers earlier and looked at the younger characters, they have a strong resemblance to Molly. The bodies are from a different mold and aren't the name, but look nearly alike. Its like they took Megan and Molly, make a copy of the body style, and stuck slightly different heads on them.

I kinda wanna get a raggy looking Moondreamer and make it into a Megan. I think they are far much more cuter. The Megan doll strikes me as a "sassy" face for some reason. Molly's adorable though, I about died when I finally got one.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
Well, there's more than one Megan...I think the second one looks more like Moondreamers, so you may not need to make a custom one if you like that look!

SapphireCookie

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »
Well, there's more than one Megan...I think the second one looks more like Moondreamers, so you may not need to make a custom one if you like that look!

I just looked up the alternate Megan when you mentioned it, if I didn't know any better, I'd say it was a Moondreamer. I'm going to have to get one sometime soon, she just may be cuter in person! (I know the SS and BBE ponies were cuter in person, I hated them in pictures, then when I saw them in person the first time I melted.)

Offline BabyIceCrystal

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Active collector since 1983
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »
I really wish my Moondreamers page hadn't been taken down so I could show you guys, but I do know a lot about them. The "adult" Moondreamers are similar but have a different head mould. The "child" Moondreamers (of which two were made, Blinky and Bitsy) are actually very close. But the eyes on them are further apart and differently shaped then Molly's. I thought that was really strange when I first got Molly to compare to my Moondreamers. Hasbro could have saved money on the mould but didn't re-use it for some reason.

On a semi-related note, the boy doll of that line (Bucky Buckaroo) had a mould all his own. He's bigger then Molly but smaller then Megan, I've always thought he could pass for Danny if you made custom clothes for him!

Want List

Offline ember86

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 06:24:52 PM »
I really wish my Moondreamers page hadn't been taken down so I could show you guys, but I do know a lot about them. The "adult" Moondreamers are similar but have a different head mould. The "child" Moondreamers (of which two were made, Blinky and Bitsy) are actually very close. But the eyes on them are further apart and differently shaped then Molly's. I thought that was really strange when I first got Molly to compare to my Moondreamers. Hasbro could have saved money on the mould but didn't re-use it for some reason.

On a semi-related note, the boy doll of that line (Bucky Buckaroo) had a mould all his own. He's bigger then Molly but smaller then Megan, I've always thought he could pass for Danny if you made custom clothes for him!

Now I want to make a custom Danny doll!
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 06:47:33 PM »
Did Hasbro ever reuse the Molly doll molds for anything else at all?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:50:24 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »
I still dream that one day, these will be discovered.  I want a NBBE baby Sundance so badly!

Offline ember86

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 08:17:17 PM »
I'm sure somewhere some lucky ex Hasbro employe has them.
My etsy shop

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »
I am not such a big fan of the dolls, but I really wish that baby sundance was made.  She is awesome!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal