collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Meet My Shelly!!! The Most BEAUTIFUL Ball Of Furrr Ever! *UD 23/7/2012*  (Read 9039 times)

Bugle

• Trade Count: (0)
***WEBSITE NOW UP!! www.SheldonTheFox.com ***

NEWER THEN NEWER UPDATE! (19/7/2012)!

Sheldon's Got TO BIG!! I miss my little hand sized fluff ball! (Still love him though). Have been super busy shipping horses these past few weeks, but I do have some videos from those weeks to upload, so check back with his youtube soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3z5wb_vVIk

EVEN NEWER UPDATE! (22/6/2012)!

Sheldon Learns To Sit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOyH-434EBU&feature=youtu.be

Also Have A Few More Videos To Upload That Were From Last Week, Just Haven't Had Time Yet!

NEWEST UPDATE (7/6/2012)!

Do you think you can run with the foxes??? (Photos Taken Of Shelly At Work Today In His New Harness - Which Is STILL! Too Big On Him (XXS Toy Sized Harness)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sheldon has a new video on his Youtube - www.youtube.com/SheldonTheFox

2ND NEWEST!

Here is a link to Sheldon's Video and his soon to be launched Website with information on foxes etc!

http://www.sheldonthefox.com/

I think his picture speaks for himself...

The camera kept blurring the photos, but tomorrow, with daylight, I will take some better photos!

(Yes he is a Fox! Just to clarify :) )

New Photos!

25TH OF MAY 2012 PHOTOS

Shelly was a little over heated after coming back from his "baby sitters today" so I gave him some ice to chew on while he laid on my desk and I got on with work.

Here are some photos (P.S. HE LOVED THE ICE!!).

(The towel is down because the desk is a little slippery, and foxes don't like slippery).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:14:51 PM by Bugle »

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Meet My Shelly!!! The Most BEAUTIFUL Ball Of Furrr Ever!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 07:05:56 PM »
Is that a fox or a pomeranian?!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 07:08:31 PM »
You have a pet fox?!?!?  :lovey:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Bugle

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »
Yes, Sheldon is a fox. After my rescue fox passed away from old age (his mother was killed by a hunt), there was a major void... Meet said Void fixer :)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
Oh wow!  How do you find a fox to rescue?  And do you have to have a permit?  He's adorable!  What's his story???

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
OMG I'm so conflicted ahahaha xD

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 07:48:39 PM »
How adorable!

Bugle

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 07:54:38 PM »
Well my original fox, was rescued in England, (Sylvester); he was rescued from a hunt after his mother was killed by the hounds. As he; and his brothers/sisters were so tiny, they had two choices, either leave them as fodder feed for the other wildlife, or take them in.

The organization that ended up taking them in, was looking for fosters, and we got approved. Due to Sylvester's attachment to humans, he was never released back into the wild, and spent the rest of his years with us. (Only one of the brothers/sisters was ever successfully released).

I do have a permit, and several copies, as I do plan on exposing Sheldon to the outside world. However like Sylvester, there will be a strict no petting rule by strangers. This is not out of meanness, or the fact he is "vicious"; etc, because if he bites someone, he would have to be destroyed.

"Official" fox rabies vaccinations aren't available to the general public (even if you do have a permit), however (luckily) regular cat/dog rabies injections work just fine medically. However this medical assurance isn't enough in the laws eyes as it is not made specifically for foxes. So not worth the risk.

Sheldon is obviously a baby, and is small enough to hold in one hand. However as he grows up we will be working with him, training him, and loving him!

I have a little video of him investigating the camera, will try and upload it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:04:57 PM by Bugle »

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »
Wow, how cute! You must feel very lucky to have such a darling little furrball. Foxkits are so precious ^0^

Can I ask you some questions? You've got me really curious now about foxes. Are they as soft as they look? Can you train them as easily as a cat or a dog, or is it quite difficult? What do you feed them?

Sorry if I'm bombarding you, hehe. Feel free to disregard my rambles, just couldn't resist the chance to ask about pet foxes. I mean, how many times does that chance show up? XD.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:23:44 PM »
So awesome! Someday I'd love to get a permit and have a fox of my own. I hear it's becoming more common for people to own them.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 08:25:51 PM »
...So cute!
That's really awesome of you to take in abandoned/orphaned baby animals, and it sounds like you will be a great foster mum to Sheldon (which is a super cute name, by the way!). :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 08:35:20 PM »
He's so cute!!!!!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Bugle

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »

Wow, how cute! You must feel very lucky to have such a darling little furrball. Foxkits are so precious ^0^

Can I ask you some questions? You've got me really curious now about foxes. Are they as soft as they look? Can you train them as easily as a cat or a dog, or is it quite difficult? What do you feed them?

Sorry if I'm bombarding you, hehe. Feel free to disregard my rambles, just couldn't resist the chance to ask about pet foxes. I mean, how many times does that chance show up? XD .

Sure I have no problem answering questions :)

Yes - They truly are as soft as they look. Sheldon currently has his baby fur, although as you can see in the photo, his brownish baby fur is slowly being over taken with the classic redy-orange coat.

Foxes are trainable, I don't know if I would ever call it easy, but they are very intelligent, curious, and intuitive. They often catch on very quickly. Like any animal, you have to work out what they work for, whether it be food, a toy, or a show of affection.

I personally prefer not to use food with any animal I train, as I believe it has the potential to lead to bad habits.

Treats for just the sake of treating an animal is different, as you are not asking them to perform a task, and is purely for their enjoyment :) .

As far as feed, cat food is usually the go to food, this is because it contains taurine, and is easy to find! Once a fox is older, it is always good to add variation, including Chicken, Veggies, Fruit and Rice believe it or not. The more diverse and closer to nature you keep your foxes diet, the happier they will be!

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :) I don't bite!

So awesome! Someday I'd love to get a permit and have a fox of my own. I hear it's becoming more common for people to own them.

DazzleKitty, foxes are not for everyone, not only are they a HUGE financial and time investment, but they are of course wild animals. And with being wild they will "play-fight" and you run a high risk of being bitten and scratched; they also have a tendency to tear apart the house by trying to dig/play/hunt/climb. Making a safe environment for your fox is super important, it only takes one wire to chew through to electrocute a fox, and potentially seriously harm/kill him/her.

If you choose to own a fox, do tons of research, and find a breeder/rescue who will let you come volunteer/spend time with their foxes. As you really have no clue what you are getting into until you have spent time with them!

...So cute!
That's really awesome of you to take in abandoned/orphaned baby animals, and it sounds like you will be a great foster mum to Sheldon (which is a super cute name, by the way!). :)

Thanks for the compliments, as I said, Sylvester taught me everything I know, god bless him he was a fantastic little man! I am glad you like his name, I have been stubborn about using Sheldon since we knew we had been accepted to take him.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 09:10:27 PM »
Thanks for the bit of info! Well, owning one would be neat, but truth be told it sounds like it would be a lot of work. I'd have to be very dedicated.

As beautiful as they are, I may need to stick with Chihuahuas. :)

But congrats on the fox! It's so cute!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 09:23:11 PM »
At first I was thinking "oh it's probably a cat".. then looked at the pics.. "wait, what. Is that a FOX?"

Hahaha. What a cutie!!
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal