collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Pullips unpopular now?  (Read 7711 times)

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
Are Pullips unpopular now?
« on: May 22, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »
I remember awhile back, this whole board was loaded with Pullip talk. Now it's all MH! There's even a MH sale board! Have Pullips gotten unpopular? Did you use to collect them but move on to MH? If so, why? I miss seeing all the Pullip stuff, even if I didn't post much. ^_^;

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Are Pullips unpopular now?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »
I wouldn't say less popular, I think it's more a mix of personal taste, and that mh have (or are supposed to have) more availability and variety at a lower price point.  I have more mh than pullips because I can afford more of the mh stuff, and I suck at saving lol.  Pullips are freaky looking to some people too XD.

I currently own 2 pullips, and I love them both.  If I had to choose between them, or my mh dolls, I'd take them any day.  They are currently sitting next to my bed, on top of my a/c unit XD    I do kinda miss the threads on them, and bjds, tho :/

PaintedMoogle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »
I love the look of Pullips, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it fit my budget.

As it is, I can't afford them, so I started collecting MH instead.

I still LOVE to see everybody else's beautiful Pullips, and I like to window shop, though.  ^_^

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
MH is cheaper and easier to get so it's bound to have more people actively interest/buying/selling/chatting about. Personally I love Pullip WAY more, but they're so far out of my budget it's not even funny! It's easier to want to talk about the dolls I already have and the dolls I can afford xD
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »
i don't think they're unpopular. i think a lot of dolly people are kind of tired of having to fight through allt he MH stuff to find the pullip or BJD stuff ...

i have a bunch of both MH and Pullip, but no camera or i'd pic spam all my pullip peeps up here and the wily hijinks they get into ... and out of lol

MH is just the "new thing" and super popular and it really helps that they're much more affordable to more people and yet provide an awesome array of dolls and poseability
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 08:10:18 PM »
I collect both, but I still prefer my Pullips (and the like). My little Dal, Sakura, is still my very favorite. They certainly aren't less popular in my world.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 08:17:27 PM »
I love my Pullips!! I tend to go over to dolly market to talk Pullip though. I'm in the works when I pay for a few things to get some more pullips.

I think we need more Pullips around personal.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »
I agree with everyone else - I would definitely give up my 5 MH before my two Pullips, but because they are soooo much cheaper (and smaller), the MH have just accumulated more.

I assume, once I get my BJDs, that it will be the same way.

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:41 PM »
I'm sure they're still very popular. For me it's the price, Monster High and Pullips are at a tie in favoritism and I would LOVE to have a Pullip. But: 1) Only way to get them is online. =_=; 2) The price.

I have about 15 MH dolls, most if not all about the $19.99 price range. If I were to add up the total of all I have that be aprox...*Math* $299.85 give or take, so that's...*Rushes to PullipStyle to see prices*1 Pullip Doll, and if I'm lucky enough to get one on a huge markdown I'd be able to get 2. 15 MH vs 2 Pullip Iono what to say.

Not to mention Faceups!! (Depending on the person doing it and their prices)

I'd Love a Pullip collection, but I don't wanna lose an arm, a leg or an organ to have them! >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »
*blinks* Most of my pullips were right at or under $100. Close to $300 would buy nearly 3 dolls for me. Which ones are you wanting? And they come with face ups. I mean, you can get them changed, but you wouldn't have to. But yes, you can get around 5 MH or so for every 1 Pullip, so definitely still cheaper. But maybe if you really wanted one, they wouldn't be totally out of range if you liked any of the cheaper dolls? And you can always try DollyMarket! They are usually even cheaper there! *tries to pull you in* :angel:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »

All the MH is kind of a turn off honestly. I feel like no one cares about any other dolls you post and they tend to just be ignored unless they have a few fans (Liv collectors unite, Luvly!), or are BJDs. I usually don't bother posting photos or whatever when I'm tempted to because of it. I don't like the elitism/drama/butt-kiss-or-die/etc I've heard about on doll-only forums, and would love to be able to post about all my dolls as opposed to just a few and have to join like 3 or 4 forums (and some of my dolls don't even have dedicated forums or just sub-forums where I'd be welcome to post them). But idk, I feel like anything non-MH/BJD isn't very welcome here.

I don't collect MH anymore due to quality drops, availability, and the glue seepage issues (plus I never adjusted to photographing them and really am past caring to learn, lol) and can't afford BJDs, so I pretty much just lurk if anything.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 09:13:08 PM »
While I love Monster High, I am surprised there is so little talk about 80's dolls here since MLP began in the 80's.

I also wonder what happened to the Pullip and Blythe stickies that were on the old forum.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:15:01 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Dibbles

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
I wouldn't say they're any less popular than they were before, just that MH is crazy popular. I love MH but I have other kinds of dolls as well (Moxie Teenz, Tangkou, Licca, Disney Fairies, etc.) and enjoy seeing dolls of all kinds!! So if anyone is unsure about posting their dolly thread, please go ahead!

Tagi

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 09:16:10 PM »
There used to be a pullip sticky in the old forums, wasn't there? Honestly the Dollhouse has boomed since MH, I'm wondering if instead of a MH sales subforum there should be a general MH subforum. That way people with a more varied doll collection or different dolls could feel their posts arn't being bumped away from the front page in favour of Frankie and her ilk.

edit: Wardah beat me about the pullip sticky.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »
I know how you feel Taxel. It seems that if you don't have all the new stuff just stay out of the conversation. I feel it's a losing battle and I'm thinking of selling off all the girls I don't love love. It's just to competive for me. And I don't like to be competive. I don't like feeling like I can't express what I think about a certain doll.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal