collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Pullips unpopular now?  (Read 7713 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Are Pullips unpopular now?
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »

I had an idea for something simular to Tuney's ANTM except more of a weekly "challenge" that OTHER people post pictures of their BJDs with whatever the theme is. I just feel like it wouldn't work out..
I at least try to post around, even if I'm not making many threads. ;~;

I think this is a wonderful idea - but maybe allow all types of dolls, not just BJDs? That way the MH people can participate, too, and we can have a united Dollhouse once more *cue national anthem and fireworks* Plus some of us Dollhouse regulars (myself included) haven't gotten to the BJD step yet and would prefer to use our Pullips/Livs/whatever. *shrug* of course it's all up to you and I would thoroughly enjoy seeing photos of everyone's dolls!

Ooookay apparently I need to go to bed :accomplished:

edit: typo and clarity

edit 2: okay really, okapi? Learn to express yourself without having to edit a bazillion times  :yikes:
Guess we're both a little tired, the BJD thing was a derp in my mind. I meant to "A weekly doll challenge" but since I was lurking an ABJD forum I typed "BJD".. XD
All dolls would be included but I suppose more posable dolls would have more of an advantage depending on what it is.. Bleeeh I overthink everything. MAYBE SOMEDAY I'LL DO THIS. SOMEDAY~~~
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 07:02:41 AM »

I had an idea for something simular to Tuney's ANTM except more of a weekly "challenge" that OTHER people post pictures of their BJDs with whatever the theme is. I just feel like it wouldn't work out..
I at least try to post around, even if I'm not making many threads. ;~;

I think this is a wonderful idea - but maybe allow all types of dolls, not just BJDs? That way the MH people can participate, too, and we can have a united Dollhouse once more *cue national anthem and fireworks* Plus some of us Dollhouse regulars (myself included) haven't gotten to the BJD step yet and would prefer to use our Pullips/Livs/whatever. *shrug* of course it's all up to you and I would thoroughly enjoy seeing photos of everyone's dolls!

Ooookay apparently I need to go to bed :accomplished:

edit: typo and clarity

edit 2: okay really, okapi? Learn to express yourself without having to edit a bazillion times  :yikes:

Ahaha, well I love the idea, especially if we make it all Non-MH dolls. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2012, 07:54:44 AM »
I would participate in America's Next Top Doll! I have a Bratz doll that I'd love to use. :)

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »
I think making the MH sales a general "Doll sales" would be an awesome idea, then sales threads wouldn't get lost here.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2012, 07:28:27 AM »
I can understand where everyone is coming from. It does feel like non-MH threads get lost. I'd love to play in a Top Doll type thread. I have several girls and boys that would love the attention. Honestly the DollHouse is the only Arena area I still visit since getting out of ponies.

I don't collect Pullips anymore, but I'd be happy to help with a "whats new" thread or something similar.

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »
I kind of have to agree. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love MH. I own about 10 MH dolls myself, and the line is a lot of fun, plus really affordable compared to other dolls. However, what I loved about this forum is that it was a place for all kinds of dolls. Not just pullip or BJD or MH, but any and all kinds of dolls, and I loved it because it enabled me to discover new kinds of dolls!

But lately, yea, it's been mostly MH, and I find myself not visiting here that often anymore. Other dolls don't get many replies or the pictures just float off the first page so fast. I also noticed this when making a thread about other dolls like pullips - they don't get many replies and as such disappear soon, letting people believe there aren't any XD

And now that there's only a MH sales subforum... tbh, it would have been better if it either was a general MH subforum (surely these dolls get enough topics to warrant their own forum!) or if it was a general sales forum. IDK, it's not my call to make and I'm sure the MH craze will die down at some point so that the amount of threads goes down, but for now I guess this line is just so popular it's kind of overshadowing the other dolls :(

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
I guess the only way to see more non-MH here is for people to post more non-MH, and actually reply to some of it as well! For example we've just had a Dolly Swap, that didn't really get much interest at all, and the current brag thread has hardly had any comments on it! And the only MH items in the whole swap was a dolly and a plush I got.

I wasn't really on this forum pre-MH, but I understand the place was swimming with Pullip threads back then, how is that any different? I don't think people that love MH and want to post about it is doing it to alienate other collectors, it's just what they know and love.

Also, I find the HM sales forum confusing/unneccesary. Am I supposed to post my WTB list in two separate forums now?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:00:03 PM by little.fox »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal