collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Pullips unpopular now?  (Read 7712 times)

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Are Pullips unpopular now?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 09:20:06 PM »
I know how you feel Taxel. It seems that if you don't have all the new stuff just stay out of the conversation. I feel it's a losing battle and I'm thinking of selling off all the girls I don't love love. It's just to competive for me. And I don't like to be competive. I don't like feeling like I can't express what I think about a certain doll.

This reminds me of a fashion blog I've read where constructive criticism is supposed to be allowed but is actually deleted. :/ If everyone had the same opinion, things would get boring.

Tagi

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 09:24:20 PM »
I've honestly never thought I was restricted in saying I don't like a doll here and that opinions are generally respected...

For instance: I think Clawdeen's new outfit reminds me of Peg Bundy and I only like Blythe with matte faces personally. Anyone gonna flame me?

Offline MidoriKeiko

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 09:39:36 PM »
i think its more to do with price then people not interetsed anymore.
I love them, but mh are pretty awesome too.
I also think that is due to other aweseomes collectables are now being released.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 09:47:23 PM »
I love my pullips :heart: tho admittedly the MH girls are cheaper....so easier to add to the family.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 09:56:57 PM »
*blinks* Most of my pullips were right at or under $100. Close to $300 would buy nearly 3 dolls for me. Which ones are you wanting? And they come with face ups. I mean, you can get them changed, but you wouldn't have to. But yes, you can get around 5 MH or so for every 1 Pullip, so definitely still cheaper. But maybe if you really wanted one, they wouldn't be totally out of range if you liked any of the cheaper dolls? And you can always try DollyMarket! They are usually even cheaper there! *tries to pull you in* :angel:

Meep! I just went to pullipstyle to see some costs and got the retail before being marked down, plus shipping assumption as overall price. I wasn't trying to start some kind of MH superiority or anything. My bad on the slight exaggeration >,<; I'm just an uneducated Pullip interested person who hasn't done any research because I dun wanna get sucked into the Pullip craze. XP

And yeah, if I wasn't collecting MH, Moxie Girlz and Liv I would've spent the money on Pullips.

I feel you all the way on that Taxel! (Liv must Live on!) I've heard of the elitism, superiority, drama, ego maniacs and all that bad vibe that be happening at BJD forums. That's whats keeping me away from the BJDs scene of doll collecting (Besides the price). The highest I'd spend on is possibly a Pullip.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 10:05:54 PM »
I love Pullips, but I don't have any of my own either... because of the price, and the fact that I can't walk into a local store and find one. Same with Tonner dolls and Evangeline Ghastly/Ellowyne Wilde. Love them, but I have no willpower/restraint/ability to budget or plan ahead  >_<

I'm a total Monster High addict, but only since last year. I've been collecting Disney dolls for ~15 years and they'll always be super special to me (I stick to the 1990s ones, or I'd bankrupt myself, hah). I also have Pink Label Barbies, Bratz, Disney Fairies, Moxie Teenz, Liv, mini Lalaloopsy... I love a lot of dolls, lol, and can't resist when I see them in stores...

Anyway~ I would love to talk about more/different doll lines, not just MH, even though I'm obsessed with the monsters  :blush:  Does anybody else collect Disney dolls? Maybe we could start a topic  :hope: 
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 10:11:47 PM »
*blinks* Most of my pullips were right at or under $100. Close to $300 would buy nearly 3 dolls for me. Which ones are you wanting? And they come with face ups. I mean, you can get them changed, but you wouldn't have to. But yes, you can get around 5 MH or so for every 1 Pullip, so definitely still cheaper. But maybe if you really wanted one, they wouldn't be totally out of range if you liked any of the cheaper dolls? And you can always try DollyMarket! They are usually even cheaper there! *tries to pull you in* :angel:

Meep! I just went to pullipstyle to see some costs and got the retail before being marked down, plus shipping assumption as overall price. I wasn't trying to start some kind of MH superiority or anything. My bad on the slight exaggeration >,<; I'm just an uneducated Pullip interested person who hasn't done any research because I dun wanna get sucked into the Pullip craze. XP

And yeah, if I wasn't collecting MH, Moxie Girlz and Liv I would've spent the money on Pullips.

I feel you all the way on that Taxel! (Liv must Live on!) I've heard of the elitism, superiority, drama, ego maniacs and all that bad vibe that be happening at BJD forums. That's whats keeping me away from the BJDs scene of doll collecting (Besides the price). The highest I'd spend on is possibly a Pullip.

You weren't being scolded, you were being encouraged to buy Pullips! :silly:  And, because I can, there's a thread on DM I'm looking at right now with a Pullip for $68 and a couple Dals and a TaeYang for $55! *pushes you toward Pullips*

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 11:19:16 PM »
I know how you feel Taxel. It seems that if you don't have all the new stuff just stay out of the conversation. I feel it's a losing battle and I'm thinking of selling off all the girls I don't love love. It's just to competive for me. And I don't like to be competive. I don't like feeling like I can't express what I think about a certain doll.

I noticed there weren't really many (if any) negative comments about MH stuff. Unless they're like one or two negatives drenched in positives. And if you feel that way, that's great and all, but not everyone does. I just figured everyone was head over heels for everything. Then again I wouldn't dream of posting how disappointed I am about X MH thing, haha.
Though this could apply to more things, not just MH and not even just dolls, but I'll leave it at that.

Liv can die if we get all the leftovers. ;D
(P.S. expect some new Liv posts from me soon! I got birthday money!)

I'd buy a "real" BJD (apparently I have one but he's plastic so he's ~not good enough~ for the elitist jerks) in a heartbeat if I could afford it, but I am staying FAR away from the BJD-only communities. I was going to try and start posting on a BJD forum, but after some stuff a friend told me I decided it wasn't worth it (I was trying to find people who'd be interested in commissioning me for clay stuff).
And there are mini BJDs, some around $100 if you're interested in those. I want 239842394 minis. ^w^

Pullips are very fun. Though compared to Livs, I'd honestly rather have a Liv and I think they're better overall. xD Though Pullips are easier for me to photograph, which is probably due to me having Pullips since '08 and Livs since this March. Tangkous are a somewhat cheaper (depending on which Pullip you're comparing it to, maybe, the site I bought from has them for $54, $67ish with shipping) alternative, if you like them. Though I will warn that if you're not well informed you might end up VERY disappointed and upset (like what happened with my girl). Though they do have mini Tangkous that are cheaper, and you could put it on an Obitsu/Liv body for less maybe? I haven't seen any for sale in USD and didn't care to figure out their price so. xD

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 11:27:38 PM »
Maybe we should all make an effort to post more non-MH stuff? I mean obviously there are a lot of us who love our non-MH dolls (and many of us who love both), so if we all post one or two photos or threads we could generate a lot of content.

I personally think that the BJD show-off thread and the Pullip show-off thread are two of the best threads on the Arena, even if I don't comment there enough :3

Hm...I will brainstorm tonight some ways to get non-MH stuff rolling in here :)

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »
I'd love to see some non-MH chat threads, but do we have enough fans of other types of dolls? Maybe a Disney dolls thread, since they seem to be fairly popular here? Or just a general non-Mh, non-BJD thread, like for "unpopular" dolls (as in dolls people don't post about here very often)?
Edit; Or a Pullip chat thread. xD

I want to chat about dolls but I have nothing to contribute to the MH thread but "I really hate Mattel", lol. I love photo threads, but without Photoshop I don't really like to show off my photos. I <3 editing, hahaha.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 11:37:19 PM »
I was also thinking about how we could try to divert everyone's attention elsewhere besides towards Pullips/MH/BJDs. I'm sure everyone here has a different doll line they collect besides MH, BJDs or Pullips *Hint hint nudge nudge to the some of us. XD* and I'm sure we probably could shine the light on some of them. It'll some effort from all of us and I'm sure we can do it.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Tagi

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 11:39:57 PM »
I'd actually love to see a Disney thread, even if I don't actively collect I know there is someone who posts here with a jaw dropping punzy collection and if there is one member, there has to be more =D

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 11:45:41 PM »
I like Pullips, but not quite enough to start collecting. :3

Just my opinion, but I'm not that much into dolls; MH are the only dolls I really like, although I do appreciate other dolls (Barbies are cool, for example, just not my style. ^^)

But I feel bad because there's all this MH stuff all over, maybe there should be an MH subforum so people who don't like them as much can talk about other things without seeing them everywhere :3
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 11:53:39 PM »
It's really not that I dislike MH - like I said, I have 5 of them - but I agree that they have permeated the board....and talking about them isn't fun just because the conversation is so fast that people get skipped over :)

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 12:17:45 AM »
It's funny you started this thread because earlier I was watching old Pullip videos on Youtube, and found myself feeling that itch for a new doll.  I went on Dollymarket and it felt quiet as compared to last year when I first joined.  Even though MH is in the lead for popularity, Pullips will always have a strong following because they're so different from department store dolls.  I collect all kinds of dolls (bjds, pullips, MH, lalaloopsy), and I enjoy all of them in different ways.  MH are more display dolls for me whereas I have more customizing options (in my opinion) with my Pullips. 

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal