collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake  (Read 19669 times)

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
Re: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »
Eh, I'm apt to believe that nothing you see on Tao Bao is really legitimately Hasbro's until it hit's the store shelves here in the USA. And if it IS really a prototype, do you honestly think they'll say "Oh yeah, that's totally the new :muffin: Pony prototype we're working on. What do you think?" No. They'll deny existence until they can show it off in an official capacity. That's how the industry works. Honestly, with all the people who LOVE :muffin: Pony, they'd be absolute fools NOT to go through with the production of this toy. They'd sell a million of 'em. I'd buy five and hang them from my ceiling so I could have a flying :muffin: Pony ARMY. And my room would be win.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you artists for my siggys!

Blitzn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2012, 05:25:55 PM »
It looks good quality, but could very well be a fakie. I have tons of fakies, some of which are good quality.  If so, that's the most I have ever seen a fakie sell for.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's another reject or something leaked out of the factory. Beciase I also have "prototypes" from ebay that I am pretty sure aren't fakies.

Either way there could be more popping up on ebay soon. Luckily I don't care for G4s.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2012, 06:09:30 PM »
while the chinese sellers may not give a snit what hasbro screams a bout ... if hasbro cracked down on their manufacturing plants it's VERY possible that known "leakers", "sellers", and "noon-time modifiers" were cracked down upon and fired from said manufacturing plants and thus have no more access to their wares and making it less likely that others will risk the chance of having their butts handed to them ... that's my concern ... and mayhaps that hasbro is tightening it's deathgrip on any workers that have access to things like that and keeping tabs on numbers of what's made/what's distroyed and who was where when something went missing ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2012, 07:09:10 PM »
They make fake iphones and rolexes and everything else. Why not a pony? Especially if you can sell them on Ebay for $300 each. I'm not saying it can't be a Hasbro leaked factory product, but it could be a boot-leg pony. Though Hasbro customer service probably doesn't even know what is in production, all they probably know is what is on shelves in the US. It is hard to even get them to answer distribution questions. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:18:11 PM by Iceglider »

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »
the right hand often has no idea what the left hand is doing lol "customer service" isn't distribution, distribution isn't production, production isn't "customer service" ... customer ervice doesn't know what distribution is because it depends on so many things they have no access to (what store's warehousses have ordered, what those stores have actually sold through, if those will need to reorder whent he new product is available or wait til the next round, etc) distribution doesn't know what customer service is doing, because they fill the orders with what the store orders when it's available (they most likely don't even KNOW what assortment is what, they match numbers, fill pallets, ship out, wash, rinse, repeat, etc), production just makes the crap their told to make, they don't know WHAT it is, but they make it, package it, get it the crap out of there so they have room for the next stuff ... and none of them are design/developement, or planning, or packaging, or shipping, or warehousing, or product testing, or pr, or etc etc ... most of the time i doubt if ANYONE at Hasbroken knows what all, or any, pieces of their corporate puzzle are doing at any given time ... :\
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »
the right hand often has no idea what the left hand is doing lol "customer service" isn't distribution, distribution isn't production, production isn't "customer service" ... customer ervice doesn't know what distribution is because it depends on so many things they have no access to (what store's warehousses have ordered, what those stores have actually sold through, if those will need to reorder whent he new product is available or wait til the next round, etc) distribution doesn't know what customer service is doing, because they fill the orders with what the store orders when it's available (they most likely don't even KNOW what assortment is what, they match numbers, fill pallets, ship out, wash, rinse, repeat, etc), production just makes the crap their told to make, they don't know WHAT it is, but they make it, package it, get it the crap out of there so they have room for the next stuff ... and none of them are design/developement, or planning, or packaging, or shipping, or warehousing, or product testing, or pr, or etc etc ... most of the time i doubt if ANYONE at Hasbroken knows what all, or any, pieces of their corporate puzzle are doing at any given time ... :\
That's just kind of how corporations work in general. Any time you compartmentalize/specialize/outsource production, you run the risk of losing communication.

Personally I think there's no way she's a fakie, and is most definitely a prototype. Sure there are some okay fakies but never have I seen one with an official mark or as convincing as this one, there's always something noticeably off about them.

hikari_amaya

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2012, 12:16:35 AM »
Honestly they could be possibly NOT allowed to inform the public about future prototypes or future lines. I know where I work I'm not allowed to talk about certian things with people outside the company and that includes giveaways a seperate department holds, which we occasionally host. Honestly I dont think :muffin: Pony is a fake, I think they cant disclose any info on her.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2012, 09:58:34 AM »
True. They said the link you provided is not a Hasbro product. Reeks of NDA.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

majikarte

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »
Thinking about FS fakies... look at "My Funny" Applejack and Rarity. They're actually kind of nice looking, quality seems okay, besides AJ's hat being part of her head, but they're smaller than the regular FS. But all the :muffin: Pony people have gotten are normal sized. And maybe there are other G4 fakes, but "My Funny" is the only one I'm aware of, I've never seen any others anywhere.

Seeing the title of this thread always kind of annoys me. xD

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »
Anyone know if the "My Funny" fakies have the usual fakie tails, where the tail is set in the body with individual plugs instead of having one tail hole?   
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Blitzn

« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »
While not the norm, some fakies are good quality. The best G3s ever made were fakies IMHO (see my avatar). Fakies never follow a standard.  And they're so random when found, it's like "only time will tell" to figure out what's up with them.  If Hasbro can make them, so can others. However, from what I can glean on circumstances of her sale she may very well be a leaked pony.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »
Fakies do come out of the hasbro factory.  But there really is no reason to believe this was one.  It is possible hasbro ditched the idea after people got angry when they made the character cannon, but lets look at what we know.

1.  It is factory made
2.  It has no other fakie qualities (cheaper plastic, rougher painting, differently rooted hair)
3.  It was an official character
4.  It was sold on taoboa, which is a site that only sells to Chinese residents.  China does not air FiM, nor do they sell ponies in stores (I know, I am in China right now, I have never seen a pony in a store).  The Chinese would not know this Character, nor realise how valuable a toy of her would be.

Either hasbro changed their mind, the person who said it wasn't official didn't know any better, or they lied. 

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »
I'm going to vote for they lied. Wishful thinking and they have lied before in the past. Bay Breeze was a huge lie in my book since some of use passed on chances to buy since she was going to be mass produced.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2012, 07:14:06 AM »
Problem with the g4 line is they are so darn small it would be super easy to sneak out a prototype or a handful of models that were never to make it to the public. What perhaps it is, A real :muffin: Pony. They are made over in China. Hasbro had plans to release it along with DJ-pon3 (who will be released later this year) and because of the issue with uptight parents, they nixed the :muffin: Pony release and what this figure was from, was perhaps that batch of toys that never made it here to the US.

It's interesting none the less though!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2012, 01:02:23 AM »
I'm going to the Beijing toy market next week.  They are known for selling direct from factory, rejects and protypes.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal